Pages: 1 ... 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 377592 times)
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #3105 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:21:35 »

He has offers from L1 and L2 clubs he told me and wants a move closer to London where his girlfriend lives.

Honestly, i'd be amazed if he gets a league one club after his performances this season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3106 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:22:19 »

I'm actually sad to see FBT leave. I think he was one of the few players recently that had bonded with the fanbase and had a real affinity for the club. Seemed a really great guy off the pitch as well. I completely agree with others that he was below par this season, conceding 99 goals in all competitions can never be ignored, but I don't think you can completely castigate him for that. He was terrific in his debut season and led by example. I think he'll go on to be a real asset for his next club.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3107 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:24:38 »

And for those that think FBT was played out of position, he confirmed that his days of LB/LWB are over and he sees his permanent position now as LCB - apparently there was no chance of him moving back to LB after making the move to CB this season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3108 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:29:45 »

And for those that think FBT was played out of position, he confirmed that his days of LB/LWB are over and he sees his permanent position now as LCB - apparently there was no chance of him moving back to LB after making the move to CB this season.
This is what he told me too, said that Gunning wanted him to play at LB and he told him that he has trained for 2 seasons now as a CB and thats his prefered postition and Gunning told him to fuck off and play where he is told and thats why he was stripped of the vice captaincy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3109 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:31:17 »

Honestly, i'd be amazed if he gets a league one club after his performances this season.
Most managers can look past 1 poor seasons form and put it down to tactics he was asked to play.

He was POTY last season many fans forget, in a better organised defence than we had this year.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #3110 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:48:05 »

I get the feeling that quite a few of those departing will be looked back upon as missed opportunities for the Club. How anyone can excel under these circumstances amazes me.

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #3111 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:55:47 »

I get the feeling that quite a few of those departing will be looked back upon as missed opportunities for the Club. How anyone can excel under these circumstances amazes me.
Where my head is at too. Lots of players released or departing this summer will go on to have fine careers elsewhere.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3112 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 09:16:02 »

This is what he told me too, said that Gunning wanted him to play at LB and he told him that he has trained for 2 seasons now as a CB and thats his prefered postition and Gunning told him to fuck off and play where he is told and thats why he was stripped of the vice captaincy.

Best of a very bad bunch.

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3113 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 11:06:57 »

Oh,it will. You can be sure. Retrospective re-assessment is pretty common round here

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3114 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 11:15:40 »

FBT has said he doesn't want to play left back and prefers to play LCB. This is an issue in our squad as we have invested a lot into Clayton who can only really play LCB.

FBT seemed very coy on staying next season BUT all of this was said whilst Morris was manager and can very easily change.

He told Morris the same thing. Which I don't necessarily agree with. for the last 2 years our lb options have been dire, whilst cb we have had options give or take khan playing there for a game!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #3115 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 11:27:11 »

I’ll hang my hat (and happily eat humble pie if wrong) that at least half of what we expect to be released (not counting surprise departures) will go onto have respectable League Two jobbing careers with the odd foray into League One as a non key/under the radar player in a promotion side due to most of them being just that, fine depth additions to a well structured squad. RHM, McEachran, Cain, Kokolo etc are perfect examples of players with enough ability about them that a manager would take a chance on them as a depth option that can be solid and be carried by a well structured squad. Respectable but you can’t carry a whole squad of them or rely on them every week if you want to get promoted.

Agree with the circumstances point though, it’ll be tough for anyone to get going in this setup.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3116 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 11:27:30 »

I mean it’s lower league football - I can’t imagine if you play & train as a CB for a year you forget how to play LB.

Well within his rights to make it known its not his preferred position and that ideally he doesn’t want to play there but that’s not the players call.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3117 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 12:26:01 »

I mean it’s lower league football - I can’t imagine if you play & train as a CB for a year you forget how to play LB.

Well within his rights to make it known its not his preferred position and that ideally he doesn’t want to play there but that’s not the players call.

It is the players call if he is coming to the end of his contract and knows of interest from other teams that agree with his assessment though.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3118 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 12:35:06 »

Thats classy isnt it
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3119 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 12:38:25 »

On full backs vs centre backs, there was a presser a month or two back where Gunning (I think talking about Minturn at the time) was talking about how he liked young defenders to start at full back, learn the game there and then move into the middle as they got more experienced, rather than immediately being dropped into the middle. Interesting subplot if he was trying to move FBT back at the same time...

And also a month later he dropped a 16 year old straight in at centre back.

It's almost like he's making it up as he goes along.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: