Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Serbia  (Read 799 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 14, 2007, 12:47:20 »

Just been fined £16,000 for the racist chanting during the u-21 championships against england. Its a fucking joke. Whats 16 grand to a football federation, and hows this going to stop the fans from racist abuse?

Uefa/fifa are clueless  :evil:

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 14, 2007, 12:53:40 »

I'd imagine that although £16,000 won't be bank breaking, it's probably comparable to a much bigger fine for bigger FA's like Italy's and Spain's.

Remember that UEFA can only impose penalties to football bodies. It's not as if they can directly do anything to the fans. I guess that a bit of racist chanting at an u-21 game wasn't a bad enough offence for Competition Sanctions against Serbia.

Imagine if they kicked Serbia out of the possibility of qualifying for the Euro's of something.

It would kick off big time. "Poor little Serbia, the Spanish never get banned" blah blah blah.

I don't really see they could have done much else to be honest. Unless I'm missing something obvious?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 14, 2007, 12:58:13 »

They could of given out a much bigger fine, banned serbian fans from going to games, make all serbian home games being played behind closed doors. This punishment will do nothing to stop racist chanting.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: