Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'It'll never work' the obviously doomed return of the LNT  (Read 12428 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 23:43:15 »

Red. Always Red. Never been a huge fan of white, I'll drink it of course. But it's not my favourite.

PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 23:45:56 »

Red. Always Red. Never been a huge fan of white, I'll drink it of course. But it's not my favourite.

What do you drink with whitebait?
flammableBen

« Reply #47 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 23:57:58 »

Beer.
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 23:59:24 »

That makes sense. Lager or bitter?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:01:45 »

I'm aiming to get to bed at 3am and have a target time to wake up 6am.

Hmmmm.
flammableBen

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:11:32 »

That makes sense. Lager or bitter?

If proper beer, something not too dark but robust enough to compliment the nice salty fried battery goodness of the little baby fish death. A nice refreshing lager is also a very acceptable option though, and I have downed a few pints of Cruz Campo whilst tucking into some whitebait tapasy action on quite a few occasions.

flammableBen

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:15:36 »

I'm aiming to get to bed at 3am and have a target time to wake up 6am.

Hmmmm.

I've been really struggling with sleep recently, it's bad when you start justifying really small amounts of sleep.

I generally get to about 8hours before I need to get up and decide that 7hours sleep will be enough, then its 6 hours sleep will be fine. Then 5. Then 4. Then it's 3 and I'll get what I have to do done and probably have a nap at some point (which you never do). Then you spend the entirety of the next day knackered, but then by the time it's time to go to sleep again, you've been battling through it all day and you're sort of broken through the tiredness and it's repeat as before.
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:17:08 »

I reckon a good hoppy beer such as hophead would go down nicely with said fish.

Mmmm I'll see if my dad is up for tapas pre Walsall.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:20:05 »

That cruzcampo is lovely stuff, especially to wash down those chicken livers or aubergine chips...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:27:44 »

That cruzcampo is lovely stuff, especially to wash down those chicken livers or aubergine chips...

Those aubergine chips!!!

Easily cookable at home but I still order every time!!
flammableBen

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:31:41 »

I need to pester my dad for food more often, the best thing about working there was nibbling as you went through your shift. Especially on the fried stuff where it was easy to chuck a few extra in. Aubergine chips and whitebait and calamares. I used to love the croquetas too, especially the jamon ones, but I don't think he does them much any more, to be fair they were a fucking pain.

oh and chicken livers sherry paprika thyme cream yum.

PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:37:39 »

Can you get the recipe for Turks and Christians rice and lentil thing? Still can't work out how the lentils were flavoured.
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:43:18 »

I had a mole in the kitchen for a while and he isn't giving up the recipe.
flammableBen

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:45:50 »

Can you get the recipe for Turks and Christians rice and lentil thing? Still can't work out how the lentils were flavoured.

I probably could but I'm not sure posting my dad's recipes on an internet forum would go down too well!

I don't ever remember making that, pretty sure it didn't go on the menu until after I left,  it might have made an appearance as a special before then. I do have some vague memories of early tasting trials of it.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:47:15 »

What happened to STFC Village? He used to amuse me whilst I was staying up until 7am in the morning drinking wine until the shops opened and I could go get more wine and a macdonalds breakfast ready for early morning Knightmare on challenge.

He went travelling didnt he?

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: