Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket sales  (Read 64017 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:34:38 »

if malpas wasn't the boss and we had a name like sturrock or wise they would have sold them by now.
many are totally unconvinced by our manager.
people will look at the dip in form we had after he took over, and his droning interviews etc,etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:36:12 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
I just find it sad that Port Vale can hit 6000 in a matter of weeks and yet we'll struggle to get that in 3 months. I thought we would have done better.

Me too, I wonder *why* they hit their target. The way I see it is that they don't have any more of an exciting team, they are a division lower and their normal fanbase is similar or smaller than ours.

- Proposed cheaper prices broke some psychological barrier -  i.e.< £200?? We are a league higher so that should be taken into account by our fans but maybe it isn't.
- 5000 seemed more achievable than 6k, so the fans bought into it easier?
- Their shorter time limit condensed 'the rush' whereas we have yet to hit our deadline by some way?
- How did  their system work. If it was some sort of 'financial pledge' that meant people only had to pay up IF they hit the target, if not they weren't committed and could 'withdraw'? IF that's the case I'd be surprised, but it would provide a no (financial) risk route for wavering fans who thing sub £200 tickets are worth getting, but don't want to be lumbered with >200?Huh?

Other than that,  our push isn't finished yet by a long chalk, though I'll be glad to get to 4k ASAP! I hope it isn't the case Wiltshire as a whole is apathetic towards STFC.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:36:34 »

I have faith in Malpas but I think the thing is he has done 3 interviews in 3 weeks all saying the same thing. "fans want players", "we wont just bring in anyone", "we are talking to people"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:40:40 »

Quote from: "arriba"
if malpas wasn't the boss and we had a name like sturrock or wise they would have sold them by now.
many are totally unconvinced by our manager.
people will look at the dip in form we had after he took over, and his droning interviews etc,etc.

Well in that case I'm glad the fockers haven't bothered buying tickets.  I don't want numpties who obviously have a severe lack of football knowledge to be sitting near me next season.

Malpas is fine, there is no reason why people shouldn't be buying tickets because of him.  The football we've played since he arrived has been superior to the boring dross that Wise and Sturrock served up week after week.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:40:52 »

You could offer free season tickets and there would still be people who wouldn't get one

Imo, the club has done everything it can without putting us seriously in the red.

We all want a club that's gonna be around for a long, long time. You don't get that if you throw money around, or offer season tickets at stupidly low prices.

With regard to getting signings to generate interest, I don't think it would work.
We would either get some clapped out 'name' who would be fucking useless and  drain on the playing budget, or a decent player for this division who would be relatively unknown to those we're trying to attract (Armchair premiership types, or people who have drifted away from going to football)

You can make as many excuses as you like but if a town the size of Swindon can't generate 6000 or more season tickets at less than a tenner a game it's a poor state of affairs.

It's All Good..............
neville w

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:47:03 »

Without factoring in interest costs, and assuming all tickets are at £229/£269 - which is obviously not the case with family, freebies and concessions.
6000 @ £229    =   £1,374,000 revenue
5107 @ £269    =   £1,374,000 revenue

The board might be frustrated at the apparent lack of progress, but I'd say it's a good bet we'll make the 5107. anywhere in between the two figures and the board actually profits from the deal (and won't have to buy 6000 replica shirts either)

The only problem I'd see if we didn't hit the target,is that such a generous offer would be unlikely to be repeated.

As far as signings go - we've already stated we won't be breaking the bank, and that pretty much rules out a 'name'. If we went for potential, people still wouldn't be happy "who's he ?"

Using the manager argument is a pure excuse in my opinion. As has been said on here before, if we had season tickets free, some would expect travel expenses.
lambourn red

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:50:14 »

"You can make as many excuses as you like but if a town the size of Swindon can't generate 6000 or more season tickets at less than a tenner a game it's a poor state of affairs."

I think it is worst than that as I would hazard a guess that half of the ST already sold are to people that dont live in Swindon so that would equate to 1,800 sold to a population of nearly 200,000 (and judging by the number of poles in tesco's last week that will be 210,00 by the time the deadline comes around)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:50:55 »

I think they're gonna honour it if we hit 5,000, or maybe I'm expecting just a little too much.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:59:19 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
the squad and manager is what alot will be looking at.even with the reductions for tickets that wont be enough as it stands.
over £200 for a season of nothing aint great value for a non regular to stump up.i'm not saying thats what it will be,but alot will see it that way currently.

I see it differently. Our team is a lot stronger than at the start of last season, and the club is settled and progressing in general.

The board have already invested big in STFC terms for Cox and Macnamee.

I want us to sign some players as well, but good young players, not just "names" out for a pay day.

i agree with you.my comments were regarding non regulars

Fair enough.

Trouble is the the "name" would have to be of Ronaldo-sized proportions for these people to have heard of him!

A good championship player costing £1m wouldnt do anything for people like that
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 15:02:37 »

Big signings is a red herring.  The facts speak for themselves, we have already superceeded all bar 2 seasons in the past 25 for season ticket sales - price not signings go us there and we have 5+ weeks to go still.

There will be a pick-up at the turn of the month for pay day - I've delayed buying mine until pay day as I've now convinced my Dad to get one as well, so that's 3 including my Brother.

Port Vale was £183 I believe, so a bit cheaper but after relagation.

If we sold just 50 a day from now until 1st Aug we'd be very close to acheiving it, so it's not massive sales we are talking about.  We've reached a point now where it might be better to do a countdown rather than a count up.  LESS THAN 2300 TO GO!

I'd like to see the club have concerted push to get this reallin people faces though.  Leaflets through the door, Town Centre presence and a real push for sales all around the ground during the friendlies.
neville w

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 15:06:15 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I think they're gonna honour it if we hit 5,000, or maybe I'm expecting just a little too much.

I'd imagine we'd still get the shirt
flammableBen

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 15:08:45 »

£40 * 5000 people is quite a lot just to write off being nice.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 15:11:35 »

Isn't the whole point of the offer that it's a financial incentive? If people work out they can still pick and chose 10 games to go to and it will work out cheaper than a season ticket, 6000 or not.

A signing or two isn't going to make these people buy in. However, a person who goes to around 15 games may be more persuaded.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 15:21:50 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
I just find it sad that Port Vale can hit 6000 in a matter of weeks and yet we'll struggle to get that in 3 months. I thought we would have done better.

port vales were pledges, not actual sales

Things get better but they never get good
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 15:24:12 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

£40 * 5000 people is quite a lot just to write off being nice.

Depends if they've really costed it against 5,000 or 6,000.  They make have gone for the higher number to try to ensure they get their minimum target of 5k.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: