Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 155755 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1935 on: Today at 14:39:50 »

Ah yeah. I saw Accrington will be the only one left after Crawley.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1936 on: Today at 14:42:11 »

Who they hell would expect the head coach of a team 6 places below us, to want to become an assistant to an incompetent piece of shit, who has been rejected by every serious coach he has worked with?!?!?!

I just can't get my head around it.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1937 on: Today at 14:44:11 »

Sam Morshead in the Ink also suggesting Brennan was approached to be an assistant. May be the same sources as LSPod, may not.

Well that sounds superbly professional. Who do we think then?
What on earth are the people in charge of this football club doing?

Reads to me like the whole of the football world knows the club is a shambles and they are trying to curry favour with ex players in the hope they will take a job.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #1938 on: Today at 14:48:57 »

The intention is clear, Gunning as manager, just fucking announce it. Stop trying to put a shinny ribbon on it, it won't go down well whatever way you try to do it.

Amazing how absolutely awful this set up is, no wonder season ticket sales are below 1k with this lot.

stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #1939 on: Today at 14:51:03 »

Yeah this needs to change, non league beckons. Get these clowns out of here ASAP!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1940 on: Today at 14:51:09 »

What on earth are the people in charge of this football club doing?

Reads to me like the whole of the football world knows the club is a shambles and they are trying to curry favour with ex players in the hope they will take a job.

It would actually suggest they were trying to "Austin" it.  See if a past memory can invoke positive feelings.  Trouble is, they'll find Bobby Howe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1941 on: Today at 14:53:26 »

Trouble is, they'll find Bobby Howe.

Bobby Davro at this fucking rate  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1942 on: Today at 14:54:29 »

Cometh the hour, cometh the man, luc nijholt
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1943 on: Today at 15:08:26 »

It would actually suggest they were trying to "Austin" it.  See if a past memory can invoke positive feelings.  Trouble is, they'll find Bobby Howe.

Perhaps Harry Agombar will get the job. Especiialy with this glowing reference:

Harry Agombar, currently serving as the Head Coach of Arabian Falcons, boasts an impressive journey in both professional soccer and coaching. Agombar began his illustrious career at just 15 years old, securing his first professional contract with Grays Athletic before embarking on stints with renowned clubs such as Partizan Belgrade in Serbia, Macclesfield Town in League 2, and Barnet FC. His talent led him to a significant three-year deal with Swindon Town FC in League 1, culminating his playing career with Tampa Bay Rowdies in America.

Primarily occupying the positions of CAM, CM, or CDM during his playing days, Agombar transitioned seamlessly into coaching and management, contributing his expertise to clubs like Staines Town as a coach before assuming the managerial role at Arabian Falcons. With a solid foundation from his youth career, which includes four years at Arsenal and three years at Tottenham Hotspurs, Agombar brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to his coaching endeavors, shaping the future of soccer with his leadership and guidance.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1944 on: Today at 15:14:16 »

It’s beyond laughable now. It’s pure satire. It’s heartbreaking, to be honest.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1945 on: Today at 15:25:50 »

Its tragic.

I have only felt as angry as this when Sheridan was crashing us out of league 1. At least then there was the hope Power was selling.

Now what hope is there?

If Clem isn't malevolent in his intent, then he is at least negligent.

I really wish the Trust was doing more right now. I know they have set their 'traps' for later points, but what is happening right now can't be allowed to go on. Make some noise somewhere somehow.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1946 on: Today at 15:34:02 »

There was a time that we might bemoan the quality of managers applying to be interviewed.

We now have to go and chase down former players to give them a job, on the basis they are the only ones our owner has heard of. There is no selection based on quality. No interview. And it’s not even for the right job. It’s to assist a man who has demonstrated his ineptitude already.

Muddled, incoherent, negligent bullshit.
« Last Edit: Today at 15:37:18 by Frigby Daser » Logged
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1947 on: Today at 16:07:58 »

One thing this club has proved it’s good at over the past couple of years is tugging on heart strings/emotions when needed for favours or to overlook something. Season ticket refunds, volunteer work for otherwise paid jobs, bringing back former players for short uplifts when needed etc.

So it doesn’t surprise me that this is a planned tactic to apply to the managerial situation. I think it’ll be tougher to pull off under these circumstances however. The McKirdy return worked momentarily but quickly wore off.

Our fanbase is a sucker for a returning player/manager though as proven through history even beyond this ownership so perhaps my scepticism is false.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1948 on: Today at 16:26:49 »

If I was Gunning I would tell Clem to shove the job up his arse if he were to get offered it🤣

But he gets a FL managers job on his CV, which to be fair he wouldn’t get anywhere else as nobody else would be bonkers enough to employ him in that role. In fact I doubt he’d get a job in the National League so your looking at Chippenham or maybe even Supermarine’s level
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1949 on: Today at 17:18:21 »

But he gets a FL managers job on his CV, which to be fair he wouldn’t get anywhere else as nobody else would be bonkers enough to employ him in that role. In fact I doubt he’d get a job in the National League so your looking at Chippenham or maybe even Supermarine’s level

Chippenham and Supermarine would be more stable when it comes to wages in the bank each month🤣

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: