Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WSC article  (Read 3932 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 8, 2007, 19:58:07 »

In the Feb 07 issue of WSC, there is the following article of what is happening at the CG :

Rancour is in the air at Swindon Town, where supporters are rallying around a 'fans consortium' seeking to wrest control of their club, which is around £3m in debt and periously in arrears on Company Voluntary Arrangement payments. Fans have been arranging 'orange protests'- turning up in orange garb, in part it's manager Paul Sturrocks favourite colour and was the symbol of Ukraine's revolution - at games. But the old guard are proving tough to shift.

Confidence in the existing board, fronted by the patrician tobacco magnate Sit Seton Wills and family, who have long-standing connections with the club, has declined rapidly. It recently emerged that Swindon have failed to pay a £100k CVA instalment that was due in June 2006, even though supporters at the club's AGM were led to believe that it had been met. If that amount and the remaining £900k of the CVA are not paid by June 2007, the liquidation looms. Throw in the fact that the club haven't filed their accounts for last year either and the task confronting the fans' consortium is clear.

The consortium has been put together by the supporters' trust, TrustSTFC, with the bulk of its funding provided by former director Bill Power (who only quit in the autumn after fallin out with fellow board members) and his business partner Phil Emmel. The takeober package includes the promise of one, possibly two, elected supporter seats on the board as well as a redevelopment scheme for the expansive County Ground site, drawn up in conjuncture with the local council, to include leisure, retail and residential projects.

Funnily enough, the board have put forward near-identical plans. 'We came up with the plans, now the board are passing them off as their own,' says Trust spokesman Andy Ratcliffe. But the issue of the stadium revamp issue and its revenue generating potential may offer clues as to why the board haven't yet managed to let go. 'Given that they talk about being willing to sell and how much they've put in, they seem to be holding on with a remarkable amount of tenacity,' says Ratcliffe.

Much speculation,too, concerns the role of the Wills family's advisor Mike Diamandis, a one-time disqualified director, who is widely regarded as the power behind the throne. He has promised that the club would be £4m in the black by the summer, but fans have heard such promises before. It was amid such backroom squabbling that Dennis Wise left for Leeds in October after steering Town to a promising position in League Two.

There is also a write up of what is happening at Brentford.

WSC is available at all god newsagents and some rubbish ones as well !!!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 8, 2007, 21:39:53 »

Whats WSC stand for when its at home??

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 8, 2007, 21:41:49 »

WHEN SATURDAY COMES

/
W56196272
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 8, 2007, 21:55:46 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
WHEN SATURDAY COMES

Normaly after Friday.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 8, 2007, 21:56:59 »

whats a god newsagents?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 8, 2007, 22:05:00 »

Quote from: "DV85"
whats a god newsagents?
You should know Lord
mattboyslim

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 8, 2007, 22:16:05 »

I met a (pissed) QPR fan on Friday night in London on the tube, and we got chatting about footy he told me how he'd been in our directors area with 'Billy' Power last year and how he knew him and Mark D, he too was surprised how Mr P had pulled out when he thought he was convinced that he really wanted to do a long term job at STFC. Top chap, how he ever got into our directors area is a mystery even more disreputable than Yeovil Red.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 08:32:27 »

I hadn't heard the Diamond mike "£4million in the black" comment before! When did he say that? :?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 08:58:18 »

Good to get exposure in WSC.  Talking amongst ourselves is all well and good, but a little outside publicity will do no harm at all either.  It all adds to the pressure on Diamandis & co (as if there wasn’t enough there already.)

I had an article printed in WSC once (a long time ago now) about our rivalry with Oxford.
deltaincline

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 09:31:11 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
I hadn't heard the Diamond mike "£4million in the black" comment before! When did he say that? :?

'Through successful negotiation we have been able to negotiate with all the creditors so that for the first time in the next month or so our balance sheet will go from a minus to a plus £3-4 million and, with Bill Powers total monies raised will top £6.5 million.'
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 10:03:37 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"

'Through successful negotiation we have been able to negotiate with all the creditors so that for the first time in the next month or so our balance sheet will go from a minus to a plus £3-4 million and, with Bill Powers total monies raised will top £6.5 million.'
:shock:  Missed that bit of bullshit. When and where was that said? in that interview with t'adver?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 10:19:56 »

That was in Mike's statement made on the OS at the end of last season when he first 'outed' himself.
flammableBen

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 10:22:50 »

Wow, it opens with an ace word! I'm going to have to use 'rancour' in conversation more often.
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 18:23:18 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Wow, it opens with an ace word! I'm going to have to use 'rancour' in conversation more often.

You could use it when doing Jonathan Woss impersonations!  Cheesy
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 18:24:06 »

Nice one Mav !
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: