Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: swindon v darlo - match day thread  (Read 9967 times)
santini

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 19:41:14 »

Quote from: "West Country LaLaLa"
And why does Sturrock completely fuck up the system when other teams score? The players look lost when he does that
Done it for the last three games and we have completely lost our shape each time. He's got to learn that moving Peacock to midfield does not work and isn't worth doing just to get  Blair on.
kevjoycreed

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 19:48:57 »

Score in a brothel,
We couldn't score in a brothel,
Score in a brothel,
We couldn't score in a brothel.

Nuff said  :-))(
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 19:51:37 »

Quote from: "Whits"

the club put a shit load of extra stewards in the arkells, fooking nightmare to get to my seat...and they all seamed to be quite angry for some reason

They knew there was going to be a group of fans meeting up at 2.45 in the Arkells concourse, I heard a few of them talking about it. Hence the extra stewards and checking everybodies tickets trying to go through one of the doors up that end. Had a quick look back through some threads on here and it was only mentioned once...by Fred Elliott :roll:. So much for keeping it all hush hush. Wink
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 20:07:22 »

Quote from: "kevjoycreed"
Score in a brothel,
We couldn't score in a brothel,
Score in a brothel,
We couldn't score in a brothel.

Nuff said  :-))(

did we lose 1-0 today?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 21:17:58 »

1. Played well 1st half, should have scored 3 or 4.

2. Right from the word go in the second half, we seemed content to just sit back, and to defend our 1-0 lead. This was a mistake, because darlington had nothing to lose from then on, and we were trying to play defensively with a patched up back 4.

3. I know it is often said many times, but that referee actually was THE worst ref i ever did see. Gave endless free kicks for invisible fouls, and then when roberts lunges in at their left back, knee height, he just plays on. Beaggrs belief.

4. Sturrocks tactical changes baffled me again. We needed a goal, and so we took off what i thought were our 2 main attacking outlets, brown and roberts :? . It was then a repeat of the hartlepool game, with the ball coming straight back at us, because the only player who can win a header, was sent to wander aimlessley around midfield. How does that work??? :?  :?

5. Andy nicholas' marking is woeful. At fault for there goal today.

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 21:52:39 »

Sounds like we started off well.

People are saying Darlington should have been an easy game but they were on a roll before tpday. I think the fact that we shook them shows we are still a strong side. Just think, had Roberts hit that shot 6 inches lower we would probably have won and everything would seem different.

A win at Barnet and we are fine imo and I will remain optimistic about promotion as long as we stay in the top 4
crows

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 22:52:30 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Sounds like we started off well.

People are saying Darlington should have been an easy game but they were on a roll before tpday. I think the fact that we shook them shows we are still a strong side. Just think, had Roberts hit that shot 6 inches lower we would probably have won and everything would seem different.

A win at Barnet and we are fine imo and I will remain optimistic about promotion as long as we stay in the top 4

More like, if we got the penalty it would have been different! We would have won with an adequate ref from the first half alone, wouldn't have mattered if the second half was shite!
Bartek

« Reply #97 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 11:42:35 »

When is the game against Barnet ?
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 12:05:20 »

Roberts long range effort, Brown firing wide from the angle, Peacock's penalty, Pook blazing wide  Doh , goalie saving from Peacock's header...another day they go in and everyone's happy.  I didn't think Darlington were up to much particularly the striker who either shot 20 yards wide or completely missed the ball - he made Peacock look like Rooney
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 12:25:05 »

Quote from: "Bartek"
When is the game against Barnet ?

Tuesday night.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #100 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 14:29:05 »

anyone got highlights of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: