Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64143 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:01:53 »

Heh! heh!

'Wilder, close the door on your way out' Cool
stfcinbmth

« Reply #601 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:02:04 »

Good work Clap

Thanks again NMH
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:03:01 »

This weekend is party time:-D

Clem from the fl show took some banter well at the station.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:21:33 »

This is the 4th promotion I've known and, while I'm not going to pretend it matches the achievement of making it to the Premiership in 1992/93, it's right up there with 1995/96 and 2006/07.  Very proud tonight.  OK, we limped over the line rather than charging over it - but that was a luxury we could afford.  Over the course of the season, we have deserved this.

To the Players
Put the last week behind you.  You have done us proud.  We will remember this.

To Paolo
You did this.  There were people out there who wanted to write you off last summer; and you have silenced them.  Your father and mother would have been so proud of what you have achieved here.  A great start, but I am glad that you appreciate that the job is only half done.  This club has not been in the Championship now for 13 years...and that needs to be rectified.  We all have faith now that you can take us there.  Grazie.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:25:26 by Ardiles » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #604 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:25:50 »

OK, we limped over the line rather than charging over it - but that was a luxury we could afford. 

I think the bolded part is what a lot of people need reminding of.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:28:00 »

This is the 4th promotion I've known and, while I'm not going to pretend it matches the achievement of making it to the Premiership in 1992/93, it's right up there with 1995/96 and 2006/07.  Very proud tonight.  OK, we limped over the line rather than charging over it - but that was a luxury we could afford.  Over the course of the season, we have deserved this.

To the Players
Put the last week behind you.  You have done us proud.  We will remember this.

To Paolo
You did this.  There were people out there who wanted to write you off last summer; and you have silenced them.  Your father and mother would have been so proud of what you have achieved here.  A great start, but I am glad that you appreciate that the job is only half done.  This club has not been in the Championship now for 12 years...and that needs to be rectified.  We all have faith now that you can take us there.  Grazie.

Excellent post and I echo it all.

We didn't know what to expect at the start of the season other than it would probably be a rollercoaster ride.  It's certainly been that and probably more!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:29:27 »

This weekend is party time:-D

Clem from the fl show took some banter well at the station.
Apparently Ferry pushed him over on the pitch

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:31:13 »

Top post by Ardiles, hope it gets read by the players and PDC

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #608 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:32:17 »

This is the 4th promotion I've known and, while I'm not going to pretend it matches the achievement of making it to the Premiership in 1992/93, it's right up there with 1995/96 and 2006/07.  Very proud tonight.  OK, we limped over the line rather than charging over it - but that was a luxury we could afford.  Over the course of the season, we have deserved this.

To the Players

To Paolo
You did this.  There were people out there who wanted to write you off last summer; and you have silenced them.  Your father and mother would have been so proud of what you have achieved here.  A great start, but I am glad that you appreciate that the job is only half done.  This club has not been in the Championship now for 13 years...and that needs to be rectified.  We all have faith now that you can take us there.  Grazie.
I agree totally, this is my 6th promotion (7th if you count 1990 PO) and it is as good as any except the 85-86 season under Macari (your first Championship is always the best!) and getting into the Premier league.

Paolo is a legend already in STFC history and long may it continue.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:34:28 »

To the Players

To Paolo
You did this.  There were people out there who wanted to write you off last summer; and you have silenced them.  Your father and mother would have been so proud of what you have achieved here.  A great start, but I am glad that you appreciate that the job is only half done.  This club has not been in the Championship now for 13 years...and that needs to be rectified.  We all have faith now that you can take us there.  Grazie.

I couldn't agree more

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:38:37 »

Oliver risser is a beast.

Even scored for aldershot today according to the bbc website

Essexred

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:39:05 »

Despite the shit result, I couldn't be happier. We are up and five games in, I would have settled for that. Paolo has given us the season we all hoped for. The players understand their responsibilities to the club and know that if they fuck up, they don't play. This has developed a fantastic attitude that was so sorely lacking last season. We're up and the title is ours next weekend. Let's celebrate in style!
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:47:29 »

Absolutelt agree with Ardiles. Good post.

Congrats to all at STFC (PDC, Players, Board, back room staff and.....yes you bunch of cunts...'the fans')

Now off to get pissed  Pint
adje

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 18:19:19 »

Fods was there saw him outside the turnstiles trying to get in.Next time I saw him he was sat behind the goal with Kennedy,Benson and Devita who were all in club tracksuits Fodders was in normal gear-significant?No sign of Rooney tho'.
After leaving the ground,walked round the corner of the away end saw a side gate open,strolled through it,found myself on the pitch,walked slowly past all the police and stewards,went right up to Di Canio,shook hands and exchanged man hugs right in front of the stand.He thanked me I thanked him and then walked off again-unbelievable!
As for the game-we spent pretty much all of the first 25 minutes in their half.As soon as they scored we may as well have gone home.Bostock MOTM for me,everyone else really poor today especially disappointing were Ritchie and Holmes for me.
Still its over 44 games and we have been the best side,no question.Just hope the classless club and their classless fans stay down.Oh and Police blocking our way because we didnt have tickets even when we explained we had to pick them up at the turnstiles.Took them 20 minutes to get confirmation from GFC that we were telling the truth.Ramshackle poxy club.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 18:24:12 »

Just back to my 6 star travelodge.

For 30 minutes we looked good and then a classic set piece sucker punch fucked us....from then on it was rat shit!

I don't know about the players being drunk? Di Canio must be pissed and on drugs to drag off Connell and send on murray....what a mad decision! No strength and no reading of the game at all.

I hated the rest of the match with the exception of the great goal.....there were other opportunities but we fucked them up.

Players dropped.....silly IMO....a hefty fine would of been enough at this stage of the season...fuck me PDC dropped a few bollocks in his time...I hope we don't pay the price.

News came through and there it is....we are up.....done and dusted!

Falling over the line? dang right...but that table don't lie and we are in divvy 1 next season because we earned it we the luxury of great results earlier in the season.

PDC came in and restored our faith in a club that...lets face it...fucked us over last season.
The players couldn't be bothered, the managers were utterly useless and the board...well they brought in Hart didn't they!?
All that is a now distant memory and well behind us.
Still in with a chance of the title but i would of taken second or third at kick off in August...
Roll on next week....i was planning on watching my old club in the wilts junior cup final but sorry boys its too important.

Nothing will compare to reaching the prem but today was great and i was proud to be there. My daughter is still singing Paolo Di Canio, even now..

fucking fantastic!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: