Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35593 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:48:11 »

There are players in the squad who would be okay in L2 under better management. Wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Palmer, Hunt, Hope, Caddis, Camp, A Grant sticking around if they fit the way we want to play. But equally not really fussed if they go. Payne, Odimayo, Twine probably get better clubs but would like to keep them.

I guess it's not so much 'everyone must go' as 'nobody must stay'

I can't get my head around Palmer.  He's been well thought of before and played higher up, but he's looked utterly shit for us.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:48:40 »

I can't get my head around Palmer.  He's been well thought of before and played higher up, but he's looked utterly shit for us.

Agreed

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:48:49 »

In some ways this pitiful surrender is better than a heroic failure finish to the season. There can be absolutely no possibility of whoever the owner is keeping Jocky McJockface
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:49:27 »

Nice of them all to try so hard today, what a shower of shit, hope they are proud of themselves.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:49:39 »

My feeling is he's a player who will play to about the standard of the team, rather than being a leader and driving the standard higher. We're shit, so so is he.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:49:43 »

I disagree.  In league 2, with a preseason behind him I think he would be useful.  He is still a better player than the majority of this team, just need him to be fit - i think he is worth one last go.

We've said that every pre season he has been here....

He has become a liability the same as Lyden has.....
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:49:50 »

As it will be for most of us- not renewing my ST after 30 seasons unless the ownership changes
Same here. Had a season ticket since 96/97. Can't justify travelling on my own from Wales if this prick is still in ownership.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:50:32 »

We've said that every pre season he has been here....

He has become a liability the same as Lyden has.....

I disagree

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:50:55 »

There are players in the squad who would be okay in L2 under better management. Wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Palmer, Hunt, Hope, Caddis, Camp, A Grant sticking around if they fit the way we want to play. But equally not really fussed if they go. Payne, Odimayo, Twine probably get better clubs but would like to keep them.

I guess it's not so much 'everyone must go' as 'nobody must stay'

Ability wise you might be right.
They haven’t got the balls thought. They can’t fight, they don’t want to fight. That attitude and mentality gets you relegated. Same thing happened under Wilson.

This league is fucking garbage and we can’t even get ourselves up for a fight.

Tommy Wright should be on his way home now ffs
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:51:18 »

I wouldn't give any of the players too hard a time right now.  We've been a zombie club for months, and the writing's been on the wall for this season for most of that time.  I wouldn't expect to see anyone performing at the best when we're rudderless up top.  I'll renew my interest when the owner has moved on and there's a fighting chance of rebuilding something.

Sad times.  Hopefully better ones ahead.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:51:45 »

Lyden, Conroy and Fryers all fit into the category of players we can't really decide on without a pretty thorough medical report, but all three at their best are a class above most of this squad. That was always the gamble we took - last season we won, this season we lost.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #161 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:53:08 »

Utter fucking shit. We all know we were down before today but at least show some personal pride. The lack of any kind if effort is unforgivable.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:54:03 »

Nice of them all to try so hard today, what a shower of shit, hope they are proud of themselves.

In all fairness, the first 30 minutes appeared to be the result of a "game plan".  The way we sat off them, the formation change exposing the wing backs, it was all on purpose.  What purpose I have no idea.  The management team since Sheridan cam in have set about creating issues for the players which makes them look even worse than they are.  Not saying they are world beaters, but you can't expect Garrick to look good when he is overloaded in defence.  If you insist in dropping to the edge of your box and letting the other team pass it around for fun, you are going to look like a shit team and that was by design.

They've been set-up to fail for most of the season.  Granted, they are not great either so it looks even worse.  This team was never going to win that many games by trying to play football by numbers though.  Keeping shape, focus on defensive positions blah blah.  It was fucking obvious we were going to have the type of players who make mistakes.  The only way out of that is precisely what we did on Tuesday, have a go at the other team, set-up to attack a bit.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:54:11 »

I hope no club down the bottom goes into the last game of the season relying on us to beat Wigan to stay up.

We’ve got no bottle, no spine, no bollocks.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 14:55:22 »

A pathetic embarrassment

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: