Pages: 1 ... 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277787 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12135 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 14:52:40 »

Oh, and the biggest alarm bell in the Accounts remains the change in position of short term debt, the amounts owed to trade creditors.  That increased by 700k in one year and nothing we have heard from the club suggests paying our bills has become easier since May 2023.  I just cannot fathom an independent review NOT looking into that.  It could just be a freak of reporting dates, but it sure as fuck would be the area I investigate - it's where the trouble can come from.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12136 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 14:53:39 »

What really highlights it as a sham is the bit that highlights the increase in staff numbers. That’s just the move to in house catering so all the match day staff. Doesn’t touch on the fact the reality is the backroom staff has been cut to almost non existent.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12137 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 14:59:08 »

What really highlights it as a sham is the bit that highlights the increase in staff numbers. That’s just the move to in house catering so all the match day staff. Doesn’t touch on the fact the reality is the backroom staff has been cut to almost non existent.

Which was supported by the increase in catering costs.  That is precisely the sort of detail you'd like a good deal of explanation devoted to.  We took a decision to bring catering in house, that is public knowledge, but here we can explain what that meant.  We employed more part time/casual workers, increasing staff numbers and costs.  We spent more on food an beverage supplies, we spent more kiosks etc.  In return, our revenue went from x to y, creating a change in profitability of z.  Offsetting that we have allocated a potential liability of xx given legal proceedings commended by Centreplate, with whom we severed our contractual obligations.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #12138 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:12:08 »

What on earth is over 3 mil on "football" being spent on? Because it certainly is not the team...
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #12139 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:13:27 »

What a fantastic and in depth report that is, the pretty pictures are nice too.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12140 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:15:10 »

What on earth is over 3 mil on "football" being spent on? Because it certainly is not the team...

Yeah 'football' is incredibly vague. I think what most fans were looking for was clarification on the Admin costs figure, and a breakdown of these. Perhaps 'football' refers to goalposts, and STFC/Fair Game attempting to shift them in an attempt to provide absolutely zero clarity at all.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:17:13 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12141 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:15:22 »

This is what they fobbed the trusts review off for, don’t forget

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12142 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:15:33 »

What is the point?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12143 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:18:02 »

I think Sam M was under the impression the Trust never even got to see these. I wonder if Bennett could opine?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12144 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:18:39 »

This whole thing just looks like a method for dodgy owners to try and legitimise dodgy accounts. They are literally taking the piss out of us now.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12145 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:19:10 »

"Football" clearly includes a fair bit more than just wages, I think ground maintenance must be in there.

I'm sure speed and cocaine strength and conditioning falls under football.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12146 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:19:53 »

What is the point?

That kind of statement is necessary when publishing financial information - you need to cover your arse in the event someone actually tries to use it to base decisions from.  It's essentially saying they were given the data, not able to review authenticity and therefore if you use the information it's your risk and don't come back to us and sue us if it was wrong.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #12147 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:20:57 »

3.6 mil admin fees, how does that compare to other similar clubs?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12148 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:21:22 »

So presumably that would be in overheads. It would obviously be nice to know what "Football" involves as it's going to be more than just the first team wages - also playing staff, academy costs perhaps?

Its a bit like Keiths appraisal in the office, isn't it?

"Under strengths you've just put accounts, that's your job"

You're a football club Swindon. You can't just file a ton of shit under 'football'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12149 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 15:25:25 »

3.6 mil admin fees, how does that compare to other similar clubs?

Next to impossible to tell, given so few produce any sort of detailed breakdowns.  It also open to interpretation as to what is classified as Cost of Sales vs Admin/SG&A.  The latter should essentially be a bucket for the costs of running a business that are not going to vary by how much business you actually do.  There is a case to be made that a Managers salary would live here for example - you can run a football club without one, so it's not a trading cost.  An item like a Pasty, sold to a customer, is easily identifiable as a Cost of Sale.  Between these two it can be much greyer.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: