Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yank Election  (Read 5785 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 07:02:10 »

they baled out the UK and in fact most of Europe not so long ago.

This annoys the beejaysus out of me.

Bailed us out after all that had gone on before they decided to join in? Would they have 'bailed us out' had the Japs not have attacked Pearl Harbour?

I think the allies did a pretty fucking good job before the septics arrived so why the fuck do they get the credit? The allies won WWII because they fought together and every nation committed to the cause and lost lives, not because the yanks 'bailed us out'. I actually find it quite disrespectful and typical American right-wing ignorant bollocks.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 07:10:12 »

So it's 0705, 0205 EST, and Fox is brilliant viewing already. I'm watching a rerun of The Five and it's not disappointing. For those who aren't familiar with it there are 4 republicans and one democrat sat around a table. In every programme the 4 republicans slag off Obama constantly with Bob the Democrat trying to stick up for him.

One of the reasons I want Obama to win this is to see their faces should Mitt lose.

Fox News, for all the wrong reasons, is superb, can't stop watching it.
Flashheart

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 07:12:14 »

Fox News, for all the wrong reasons, is superb, can't stop watching it.

Does it still have the ALERT ticker on the bottom.

Every time I've seen fox on the TV I thought there was a big news flash or something.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 07:13:36 »

Yep, offshore storm set to hit just near New York/Jersey shore.

If ever there was an example of scare tactics to try and control a nation.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 08:23:01 »

When was the last time you saw a US politician who didn't have his shirt sleeves rolled about a third of the way up his forearm?  I'm sure it's meant to convey a message of 'Hell, folks, I'm busy but I'm getting on with the job.'  Just seems a bit transparent.  Maybe shirt manufacturers should start producing shirts with 3/4 length sleeves, just for busy people like Mitt & Barry?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 08:32:50 by Ardiles » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 20:46:36 »

Yep...wonder what language we would be talking now if everyone had kept out of things in 1914 and 1939 Hmmm

Maybe if millions of Yanks,Aussies ,Indians and the list goes on had thought.....fuck it its there problem.

Doubt we would be enjoying fireworks tonight.

Come to think of it thats exactly what happened to the millions of Jews wasn't it.....the world just watched and didn't give a fuck.

Thats what really annoys me at the anti USA shite spouted at times......they baled out the UK and in fact most of Europe not so long ago.

If we'd have kept out of the 1914-18 conflict, the chances are Germany would have won, and then one of the major reasons for the outbreak of WW2 would have been removed.  So we'd have been speaking English and WW2 probably wouldn't have happened.

If we'd have kept out of WW2, Hitler was willing to do a deal that essentially left the Empire to us, the Americas to the US and Europe to Germany.  Even if we'd been invaded, the Nazis never imposed German on the territories they took over, so we'd be speaking English.

Also, just when did the Americans decide that Nazism was so evil that they declared war on them?  Never.  Germany declared war on the US.

Finally, Germany was overextended in the Soviet Union, and therefore defeat was inevitable (they could never produce enough to keep fighting once Blitzkrieg had failed and the Russian winter arrived).

I write all of this as someone who has no problems with America, loves NYC, their microbreweries, a load of their music.

In fact, if we are to compare World Wars, I would suggest that the US entry into WW1 was of greater importance to the overall outcome.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 06:36:53 »

Barry won again, by the way.

Congratulations America.  It's been 8 whole years since you last elected a loon.  You're learning.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 07:10:40 »

Thank God for that, Romney would have been a nightmare.

Republicans should have given Ron Paul a go, least he's got his Foreign Policy spot on, the old bast.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 08:04:54 »

The Redskins have been a good indicator of political results in 17 out of the last 18 NFL matches on the eve of elections. When the Redskins have won, the incumbent has won. When they have lost the incumbent has lost.

Therefore, its going to be Romney, because the Redskins lost yesterday.
Fucking Redskins! You can never rely on Mike Shanahan's teams!!!!!

(Not that I mind the loon not being elected)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
dell returns

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 08:10:59 »

When was the last time you saw a US politician who didn't have his shirt sleeves rolled about a third of the way up his forearm?  I'm sure it's meant to convey a message of 'Hell, folks, I'm busy but I'm getting on with the job.'  Just seems a bit transparent.  Maybe shirt manufacturers should start producing shirts with 3/4 length sleeves, just for busy people like Mitt & Barry?

Now you've got me looking!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 09:39:47 »

If only the greater majority of the Brits could have seen through Cameron as the yanks saw through Romney!!  He would have ruled for the rich, totally fucked up on foreign policy and pushed the world into a deeper recession than the american bankers ever did!!  The common denominator is that both Cameron and Romney are full of bluster and devoid of ideas - apart from hurting the weak and poor.  Rant over - back to the PR men!!

PS  Would Romney have allowed one of his trusted lieutenants to piss off to the jungle on a money-making jaunt - especially when it is us who are paying her wages!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 09:52:32 »

If only the greater majority of the Brits could have seen through Cameron as the yanks saw through Romney!!  He would have ruled for the rich, totally fucked up on foreign policy and pushed the world into a deeper recession than the american bankers ever did!!  The common denominator is that both Cameron and Romney are full of bluster and devoid of ideas - apart from hurting the weak and poor.  Rant over - back to the PR men!!

PS  Would Romney have allowed one of his trusted lieutenants to piss off to the jungle on a money-making jaunt - especially when it is us who are paying her wages!!

I think the key difference there is that the Americans had Obama as a plausible (if not perfect) alternative to Romney.  And who was our alternative to Cameron?  Gordon Brown.  The calibre of top politicians in this country is pretty shocking at the moment.  Hardly surprising.  Very few talented people would willingly choose a career in politics these days.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:18:58 »

I think the key difference there is that the Americans had Obama as a plausible (if not perfect) alternative to Romney.  And who was our alternative to Cameron?  Gordon Brown.  The calibre of top politicians in this country is pretty shocking at the moment.  Hardly surprising.  Very few talented people would willingly choose a career in politics these days.
Nick Clegg!
DMR

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:38:14 »

Nick Clegg!

Who has proven himself the slimiest, two-faced cunt out of the lot.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 16:29:32 »

congratlations to barry obumma
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: