Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bournemouth Official Matchday Thread  (Read 54517 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:33:17 »

Looking forward to saturday now i dont mind getting beat but its the manner of defeats that has got me this season the last few games have shown us they have a bit of grit and quality. this season is a write off now so lets just get safe quickly have a good finish and push on next season. Wilson has baffled this year but is here to stay so lets support and make sure we are league 1 next season. the players and managment have to realise tho that when the effort is evident they will be supported. when they roll over and die they wont.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:39:24 »

We were much better last night. Extremley unlucly.

Their first goal was a complete fluke, nothing Smith could do. Caddis was brilliant last night, he took his goal really well and was a constant threat. Their second was easily aviodable, their player had a free header and they were quicker to react when the ball came off Smith.

After this, I thought we would rollover and let them steamroll us but fair play after half time, we came out and battered them for the majority of the second half. Ritchie scrammbled in an equalisser and it looked like there would be only one winner, but then the ref decided he would become a cunt. Firstly, he dissalowed Dossevi's goal for a foul ON Ritchie and then allowed them a goal after Smith had been taken out while trying to punch. Even then, we had a couple of good chances but it just wouldnt fall for us.

Dossevi had one of his better games for us, ran his socks off and was unlucky not have scored tonight, he did have a great chance really early on which he really should have done better with.

The back four seem to keep getting caught flat footed a lot. Although, despite conceding 3 goals, they were in large parts, solid. Two of their goals they could do nothing about.

Douglas was his usual solid self but I still fail to see what Timlin offers over Ferry and Prutton. I have no idea what Ferry has done to Danny this year, I feel he would offer so much more in the middle.

Ritchie was good again, I'm not sure he is an out and out striker though.

However, I was fortunate enough to be able to pick up BBC Wiltshire after the game and dear god, I despair. Some of the complete utter cuntish twats who were texting in were driving me crazy. That annoyed me more than the game itself. The highlight being someone texting in and saying 'Phil Smith is the reason we are shit, drop him Danny' Oh do fuck off, were you at the game, of course you weren't ypu stupid cunt. He did nothing wrong.

All in all, a very good performance, we were extremley unlucky, everything went against us. If we play like this and add a striker or two, then we will start winning.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:49:13 »

Next job for the TEF Pressure Group, perhaps?  After the game, flood the BBC Radio Wiltshire text line with well-considered, thought-provoking and constructive comments...and in the process put the dampeners on the tardfest.  Just a thought.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:55:06 »

Think I can change that.

deadmau5 are shit and anyone that likes them is a cunt

Wink

Tut, I can't take you seriously when you think he's a group!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:56:06 »

Next job for the TEF Pressure Group, perhaps?  After the game, flood the BBC Radio Wiltshire text line with well-considered, thought-provoking and constructive comments...and in the process put the dampeners on the tardfest.  Just a thought.
A good idea in theory maybe but "well considered, though provoking and constructive comment"? You sure you're not mixing us up with the Today programme? Smiley
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:01:27 »

Tut, I can't take you seriously when you think he's a group!

Schoolboy error.  Doh
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:06:02 »

Next job for the TEF Pressure Group, perhaps?  After the game, flood the BBC Radio Wiltshire text line with well-considered, thought-provoking and constructive comments...and in the process put the dampeners on the tardfest.  Just a thought.

Count me in, can it extend to the facebook page as well which is eually as painful.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:11:10 »

We went to the 2nd place team and gave them a right good game, I know we need start turning these reasonable performances into wins but there are plenty of reasons to believe we can get out of this mess.

I might have my head stuck in the sand slightly but I don’t think we will have any problem getting out of trouble. This team is infinitely better than those we have had during previous League 1 relegation battles in the last 10 years or so, manager included.
AFCB_Exile

« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:18:34 »

Bournemouth fan here.

Tried posting a longer reply but don't know what happened to it!

Langers and JJEdmund have summed up what I was going to say pretty well. You were by far and away a better side than when we played you on New Years Day. Your two wide players had pace to burn and gave our full backs a torrid time but you are shakey at the back. Don't understand some of the criticism of your keeper on here he made some saves early in the game that kept you in it. First 20 minutes we dominated, the rest of the half was fairly even, Second half you came out of the blocks and deserved to equalise and at that stage if you had gone in front we couldn't really have complained. After we got the winner we pretty much dominated the last 15 minutes but saying that if it hadn't been for a great goal line clearance you'd have equalised in the 93rd minute.

With Benyoun up front I'm sure with the wide service he will score the goals that you need. All in all a good old fashioned end to end game of football spoil a bit for both sides by the ref.

I live near Swindon so it was a crap journey home in the fog last night. Look forward to the visit to the County Ground next season for my home game (assuming we don't by some miracle go up). Good luck for the rest of the season.    
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:19:13 »

Count me in, can it extend to the facebook page as well which is eually as painful.

I do need some back up. Tis fun acting a twat to rival fans though. Some right planks on there.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:21:19 »

I don't think it's a case of wanting wilson to stay, I think it's a case that getting a new manager in now would be too late to change anything

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:30:14 »

On an aside from last night.

Watching the warm up.........Aden Flint......this kid is massive! quite easily the tallest Swindon player I have ever seen, looks like Peter Crouch but with a small bit more meat on his bones.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:46:21 »

Watching the warm up.........Aden Flint......this kid is massive! quite easily the tallest Swindon player I have ever seen, looks like Peter Crouch but with a small bit more meat on his bones.

Thank god for that!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:52:27 »

Ok heres my penneth...

Parked off street no probs...

Arrived at the ground and tried to get tickets....guess what its CASH at the turnstile.

Two things:  I am sure we were not told CASH on the gate...please correct me if wrong! AND no ticket stub???  Hillieresque fiddle?

Went into downstairs social club and had a drinkypoos....very nice.

Team sheet handed out....Was wrong JFL playing and no OBrien in the squad....unhappy til i get in and realise that team sheet handed about is wrong....

BUT....the bench....IS right!.........no Attacker on the bench.....WTF.

I knew Benyon was signed too late but FFS cmon Wilson!  Was Bodin injured?   How long has Austin been going!!?Huh?  I fucking despair!

Match went well for us and like Exeter we started well and had a bit of fight about us.

Doss had a gift which he spurned big time....90% of the goal to go for and he fucking aims for the tightest bit...

Their goal was a good run but a sort of double deflection sent it up and down and Smith was beat.

Caddis slammed in the equaliser...great stuff.

A free header which Smith parried....he should of smothered it and/or it should of been cleared.

Got the equaliser......had a goal ruled out (i need to see it again) pissed all over them and you knew what was going to happen and it did.

Wilson had nobody to bring on up front and tried to inspire the team and fans with JPM.....and my old mate Prutton who is shit in small doses as well!

OB did well in patchs and again supplied one or two crosses which should of been buried...

The Ref was a cunt of the highest order and not just to us.....appalling throughout....village ref....and some real shit bookings for both teams.

Impressed by the application but not by the result and again i have that sinking feeling....

Lets hope Benyon is on fire.......i pray....

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:56:53 »

Bournemouth fan here.

Tried posting a longer reply but don't know what happened to it!

Langers and JJEdmund have summed up what I was going to say pretty well. You were by far and away a better side than when we played you on New Years Day. Your two wide players had pace to burn and gave our full backs a torrid time but you are shakey at the back. Don't understand some of the criticism of your keeper on here he made some saves early in the game that kept you in it. First 20 minutes we dominated, the rest of the half was fairly even, Second half you came out of the blocks and deserved to equalise and at that stage if you had gone in front we couldn't really have complained. After we got the winner we pretty much dominated the last 15 minutes but saying that if it hadn't been for a great goal line clearance you'd have equalised in the 93rd minute.

With Benyoun up front I'm sure with the wide service he will score the goals that you need. All in all a good old fashioned end to end game of football spoil a bit for both sides by the ref.

I live near Swindon so it was a crap journey home in the fog last night. Look forward to the visit to the County Ground next season for my home game (assuming we don't by some miracle go up). Good luck for the rest of the season.   

Bmuff remind me of us last season, we couldnt do anything wrong and won games without really being outstanding.....i tip a playoff place easy....but like us fail at that point...and like us...get found out!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: