Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: an open note to the trust.....  (Read 4173 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:30:39 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
I support the idea of getting former players to support the idea, I 'd rather it wasnt a total dickhead like hoddle though :x

I'm not sure you'd get much of response from former players.....who are notoriously apolitical.  After all it was just their job, whereas for us it is our passion.....how many of us would be too bothered about what went on at a former employee?

but surely a former player would have a much greater affection for his former club than for one of us  and the jobs we hate?

note the recent comments made by chalky and nijholt over the job vacancy. its do-able and it should be at least attempted, whats to lose?

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:31:14 »

I support the idea of getting former players to support the idea, I 'd rather it wasnt a total dickhead like hoddle though :x

I'm not sure you'd get much of response from former players.....who are notoriously apolitical.  After all it was just their job, whereas for us it is our passion.....how many of us would be too bothered about what went on at a former employee?

Phil King has made some good noises Reg. Get him on board, and others would surely follow. I think earlier in the fred, thread said to watch this space.  Cheesy

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:33:37 »

Quote from: "millom red"

Phil King has made some good noises Reg. Get him on board, and others would surely follow. I think earlier in the fred, thread said to watch this space.  Cheesy
Millom

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:40:58 »

Quote from: "STFCere"

but surely a former player would have a much greater affection for his former club than for one of us  and the jobs we hate?

note the recent comments made by chalky and nijholt over the job vacancy. its do-able and it should be at least attempted, whats to lose?

There may well be some ex players who have a bit of affinity for the club, in which case they're likely to get involved anyway....hence Phil King and Charlie Henry with the Trust quiz.....certainly there is nothing to lose, but the aim has to remain to recruit ordinary fans.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:44:28 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"

Millom

"Right" said thread
"Both of us together
One on each end and steady as we go."
Tried to shift it, couldn't even lift it
We was getting nowhere
And so we had a cuppa tea
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:45:36 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"

Millom

"Right" said thread
"Both of us together
One on each end and steady as we go."
Tried to shift it, couldn't even lift it
We was getting nowhere
And so we had a cuppa tea

Ah       Classic Cribbins
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:50:05 »

Pauld i agree mr hounsell does a cracking job, was just wondering who you would need to approach if you had something of value to contribute to the site.

Either use the feedback form on the website itself http://www.truststfc.co.uk/feedback.php or you could PM me and I'll pass it on
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:55:34 »

1. why not offer 1,2,3,4,5 years memberships and the lifetime. would offer much greater flexbility, and the chance to raise more cash. i would be tempted to go for the 3 year deal at say £20?

Like that idea, we'll have to think about it cos we don't want to overcomplicate things - don't want someone wanting to join the Trust then we end up like the Nationwide mortgage ad ("Do you want a tracker, a stacker, a cracker jacker ... " etc). But the basic principle seems sound - I'll throw the idea out tomorrow, see what people think

update the cash received more frequently. giving more accurate figures should entice more people to join. set targets, and display them on the website.

The cash total is not actually for the Trust per se, it's for the Red Army Fund and is ring-fenced for players. It gets updated monthly (roughly) when we get the bank statements

display current numbers of supporters on the website too, again i think this would encourage others to join

Personally I have to say I'm in two minds about this, but again I'll cast the idea around, see what others think.

keep up the good work, lets hope this is all worth in the end!

Well, yes, let's hope so ...  Cheesy

Thanks for the suggestions, always welcome
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:57:02 »

Oh, and about the ex-players thing, sorry, forgot to answer it. It's something we're working on, but I'm not directly involved personally so not sure on progress. Like Fred/Thread said, watch this space, I guess.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 20:59:58 »

Quote from: "pauld"

1. why not offer 1,2,3,4,5 years memberships and the lifetime. would offer much greater flexbility, and the chance to raise more cash. i would be tempted to go for the 3 year deal at say £20?

Like that idea, we'll have to think about it cos we don't want to overcomplicate things - don't want someone wanting to join the Trust then we end up like the Nationwide mortgage ad ("Do you want a tracker, a stacker, a cracker jacker ... " etc). But the basic principle seems sound - I'll throw the idea out tomorrow, see what people think

update the cash received more frequently. giving more accurate figures should entice more people to join. set targets, and display them on the website.

The cash total is not actually for the Trust per se, it's for the Red Army Fund and is ring-fenced for players. It gets updated monthly (roughly) when we get the bank statements

display current numbers of supporters on the website too, again i think this would encourage others to join

Personally I have to say I'm in two minds about this, but again I'll cast the idea around, see what others think.

keep up the good work, lets hope this is all worth in the end!

Well, yes, let's hope so ...  Cheesy

Thanks for the suggestions, always welcome

I like it Paul
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: