Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fittons interview in the program  (Read 6984 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:08:29 »

The big problem we have is having far too many mediocre players on the books, at present we've got 11 defender, 14 midfielders and 7 forwards. For every 3 mediocre players we can get rid of we can bring 1 decent player in, do that 4 times and we'll have a smaller and better squad.

We should be relying more on youth team players and loan signings as well, especially as cover and as subs.

There are plenty of decent players out there we can get without having to pay transfer fees. Look at Greer for example, we can get him on a free, then we get rid of two mediocre players and then we can offer him a pretty decent salary - we'll probably save some money by doing this kind of business.

I'm feeling kind of confident as well as Wilson has done pretty well in the transfer market so far. Greer, Kanu and Jones are all excellent loan signings and if he does as well in the summer things should be looking good next season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:16:57 »

There will be some interesting stuff to come out of the court case... it sounds messy.
Is there a hold on reporting on it? Seems like at least some of the local media would have reported on the evidence etc but there's been barely a mention of it. Are you saying they're holding off until the verdict's delivered and then we can expect a big expose or something?

EDIT: Should have said, good interview btw - sucks to yeovil, I thought it was a good read and confidence-inspiring
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:27:21 by pauld » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:49:27 »

Good read that.

Although this season has been largely cack...it's still worth reminding ourselves that we've made some progress off the pitch. 

As Fitton says the club was a mess when they took over...if only we can survive and get a bit of forward momentum next season, then we may start to see some good times again.

That's probably the most sensible thing you've posted!
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:52:30 »

I thought he was being very open and gave an insight on how he want's the club to be run and the expectations he's hoping for the club in the future.

The decision on the Bill Power case has yet to be decided according to AF,it's not the case of a media blackout.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:54:40 »

If there is no media blackout I'm surprised the Adver hasn't picked up the details. Unless they were asked not to by the club I suppose.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:54:49 »

I get the impression they don't have specific targets in mind but just positions we need players for.

Funnily enough, I got the exact opposite impression - that Wilson had already made Fitton aware of and tapped up (or whatever the legally and morally sound equivalent of that is) the players he wants to bring in to create a new spine of the team for next season. Then we can see who else we can get to fill in the gaps.

Time will tell...
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:00:32 »

Wilson is a professional football manager and quite a good one too - of course he has people in mind to bring in imo.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:13:02 »

I'm sure they know who they want already...

As for the BP case, I just don't think there has been a verdict yet, I'm not sure. this interview was done last Thursday, so that might have changed now... either way, the adver have been very quiet on it.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:18:00 »

I would of thought if it was all done and dusted the adver would have reported it unless there can be some kind of an appeal from one of the parties involved, which i suppose it could lead to media blackout.Im not sure how these thing's work,do anyone know is there room for an appeal by any party.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:22:16 »

a usual, run of the mill, obvious answers interview.we dont really learn alot from it, do we?
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:36:45 »

a usual, run of the mill, obvious answers interview.we dont really learn alot from it, do we?

I thought it was quite a good interview. Just out of interest what do you think he could have revealed?
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:37:51 »

I thought it was quite a good interview. Just out of interest what do you think he could have revealed?

His favourite cheese

When you're smiling.........
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:38:55 »

What was it like being head at St Trinians?
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:41:36 »

What was it like being head at St Trinians?

Were you the blond bimbo with the buck teeth and big tits?

When you're smiling.........

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 13:44:27 »

stuff that isn't obvious,we couldn't guess or didn't already know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: