Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Deadline Day  (Read 60830 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:09:58 »

That last bit is my point Paul.  Do you honestly think Black is going to give a flying monkeys what you or I think?  He's probably looking long and hard at his cash flow while considering what horses he should back tomorrow.
I'm not really knocking him for that, he saved us.  Wills did as well, he just let a fucking loon run the place.
For us, this is all shit.  At least Black has never given any pretentions about loving the club etc.
No I'm not knocking him for not giving a shit what we think. But I find it odd that having done so much good (and at considerable expense to himself), he'd be prepared to risk it all going to shit. If the transition to the new owners ultimately proves to work out (and this could all just be minor hiccups), Black will be able to say to himself "Well, that didn't work out as well as I hoped but I did some good there". But it seems like he's been so keen to get shot in a hurry he's running the risk of all the good work being for naught. Seems a waste
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:12:22 »

Don't seem to remember you giving SSW that much credit for the many millions he'd put in....

His wife did ok for us and you could never fault his intentions.  Let the mad man loose though,and should have had the balls to stop him, especially when playing silly buggers towards the end.  Still, some people must respond to that Nigerian e-mail for it to cotinue being sent!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:12:30 »

#STFC will not be adding to the squad despite agreeing terms, completing medicals and signing three players #STFC

The Football League have at this stage refused any new registrations and the deals cannot be completed #STFC

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:14:43 »

#STFC will not be adding to the squad despite agreeing terms, completing medicals and signing three players #STFC

The Football League have at this stage refused any new registrations and the deals cannot be completed #STFC

As we thought. So, can we sign these players as soon as they sanction the takeover? Or do we wait until the loan window opens again?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:15:11 »

Marvellous. Just spiffing.

Lets hope "at this stage" can be cleared up quickly.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:15:25 »

Hmmmmmm.

What i don't understand is why it's acceptable for Portsmouth to sign loads of players on loan for exorbitant wages without even having an owner.

But we're not allowed a few loans with an agreement for our new owners already in place.

Can someone explain this?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:16:14 »

pretty much what we all expected but at least we got a statement
red socks

« Reply #367 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:16:44 »

Hmmmmmm.

What i don't understand is why it's acceptable for Portsmouth to sign loads of players on loan for exorbitant wages without even having an owner.

But we're not allowed a few loans with an agreement for our new owners already in place.

Can someone explain this?

Football governance is a fucking joke.
Coca Fola

« Reply #368 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:16:50 »

Fucked over by the Football League again, let's hope this generates a siege mentality which transfers to the pitch. One of those against all odds promotion stories.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:17:13 »

I don't think Portsmouth are paying much more than a packet of KP nuts each week are they? that's why we wouldn't let Benson go back because we made it very clear we expected half time pies instead, hence our own catering issues recently.
Coca Fola

« Reply #370 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:18:50 »

We're allowed to sell but not buy/loan. How is that fair?
Talk Talk

« Reply #371 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:20:30 »

Don't seem to remember you giving SSW that much credit for the many millions he'd put in....

No, I did not. But then it was completely different from Black. I give you Diamond Mike compared to Fitton and Wray. Dodgy vs astute. And all of the crap that went on at that time.

But saying that the parallels are quite ironic.

Nice guy (SSW and Black) spunking away millions because of their connections (MD/Fitton & Wray). Hmmm.

Credit is due then. Both benefactors have 'saved' the club.

However, here and now I completely understand Black's position. £250k a month out of my pocket is my house gone in 30 days. Scary. I don't blame him at all for getting shot of it, even to the cheapest bidder.

TEN FUCKING MILLION pounds down the tubes. That's perspective.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:20:39 »

I did have an odd dream last night that the new consortium was made up of Glenn McCrory, a Chinese Mine owner who had a shocking human rights record and a Russian Oil Oligarch who was in bed with the mafia.  This might put the first ever real strain on the Fit and Proper Person Test.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:21:41 »

We're allowed to sell but not buy/loan. How is that fair?

Because one costs us money, one makes us money.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:22:16 »

I did have an odd dream last night that the new consortium was made up of Glenn McCrory, a Chinese Mine owner who had a shocking human rights record and a Russian Oil Oligarch who was in bed with the mafia.  This might put the first ever real strain on the Fit and Proper Person Test.

Are they rich undesirables?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: