Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Deadline Day  (Read 60827 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 23:52:49 »

Why on earth do people think the selling of the club in anyway whatsoever considered whether we'd think it was a good time or not?
Has anyone stopped to consider the fact that for Black it was in fact the perfect time to set the date for the sale of the club?  He gets a transfer window to sell some players if nobody comes forward to buy the club, thus meaning he'd not have to shell out anymore cash and give himself another few months to find a new owner.
There are far too many people thinking the owners of the club are fans I think.  Black backed his mates, he probably got interested in us for a bit, but for the past few months it sounds like we are a fucking gaping wound on his mind.  Looks like he wanted shot, and pronto, and you can't blame a guy when he has forked out so much, and will lose it mostly, on something he was never really that into.  Thank god he stuck around for 5 years and has agreed to put the balance sheet in good order.  The last lot had mortaged the fucking lawnmower by this stage of their tenure, and they were "allegedly" fans.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 23:55:49 »

It might work out for us this way - i imagine a home atmosphere might not be the greatest right now

Very true and let's be honest, we're not reknowned for our great home atmosphere at the best of times!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 23:56:52 »

I find it hard to comprehend how people are moaning about no signings after the chaos of yesterday, and the fact that no one else has gone is a big bonus 24 hrs later. Bit of patience it will all be sorted I would hope.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 23:58:48 »

Why on earth do people think the selling of the club in anyway whatsoever considered whether we'd think it was a good time or not?

Are you Jed Mcrory?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 23:59:02 »

You'd also hope that both wingers we use will realise they have an opportunity to nail down a starting spot while we await the cavalry of loan signings.
As much as I want to tell everyone to chill the fuck out, what are the stats for games played without Ritchie over the past couple of seasons?
Ah, doesn't matter, still reckon we'll beat Crawley.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 23:59:17 »

Has anyone stopped to consider the fact that for Black it was in fact the perfect time to set the date for the sale of the club?  He gets a transfer window to sell some players if nobody comes forward to buy the club, thus meaning he'd not have to shell out anymore cash and give himself another few months to find a new owner.
There are far too many people thinking the owners of the club are fans I think.  Black backed his mates, he probably got interested in us for a bit, but for the past few months it sounds like we are a fucking gaping wound on his mind.  Looks like he wanted shot, and pronto, and you can't blame a guy when he has forked out so much, and will lose it mostly, on something he was never really that into.  Thank god he stuck around for 5 years and has agreed to put the balance sheet in good order.  The last lot had mortaged the fucking lawnmower by this stage of their tenure, and they were "allegedly" fans.
And why do you assume that any of the criticism around the loan failings is aimed at Black? I'd say it would have been the new owners who should have mentioned to someone "By the way, chaps, if this goes to the wire, might be an idea to try getting pre-approval on any deadline day deals". Makes it look almost like they don't know what they're doing and have been caught on the hop

Wills stuck in a shit-load of money too, didn't exempt him from criticism. Black may well have got fed up, but it does him no favours whatever to exit so shoddily. Because it looks more and more like he's just dumped us on the first lot to come sniffing. And if he hasn't done his homework in favour of a quick sale, they could very quickly undo any good work he may have done.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:00:49 by pauld » Logged
red socks

« Reply #351 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:00:08 »

I find it hard to comprehend how people are moaning about no signings after the chaos of yesterday, and the fact that no one else has gone is a big bonus 24 hrs later. Bit of patience it will all be sorted I would hope.

Quite. The players in question haven't gone elsewhere so we'll get it sorted in the next few days, unless there's something more sinister going on in which case we're fucked anyway.
Talk Talk

« Reply #352 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:00:39 »

Has anyone stopped to consider the fact that for Black it was in fact the perfect time to set the date for the sale of the club?  He gets a transfer window to sell some players if nobody comes forward to buy the club, thus meaning he'd not have to shell out anymore cash and give himself another few months to find a new owner.
There are far too many people thinking the owners of the club are fans I think.  Black backed his mates, he probably got interested in us for a bit, but for the past few months it sounds like we are a fucking gaping wound on his mind.  Looks like he wanted shot, and pronto, and you can't blame a guy when he has forked out so much, and will lose it mostly, on something he was never really that into.  Thank god he stuck around for 5 years and has agreed to put the balance sheet in good order.  The last lot had mortaged the fucking lawnmower by this stage of their tenure, and they were "allegedly" fans.

I love you Rob Tuck. Let's elope.

You continue to amaze me with your objective thinking for somebody who can put away endless bottles of beer (oh and chilled white wine) on minibus away days.

Are you on the wagon perchance? xxx
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:01:43 »

not that concerned about a potential lack of signings, am pleased we've not lost anyone else (except L Rooney possibly) but am mightily confused by the wall of silence from the club.

i'd just like to hear something concrete either way.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:01:58 »

It's not the lack of signings, it's the ongoing air of omnishambles
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:02:33 »

Are you Jed Mcrory?

You should begin to panic properly if I was - financially that is.

I just don't see why anyone thinks the fans were part of the decision making that Black has gone through.  The deal and timing are all about stopping the cash drain, and end of a transfer window is the best time for that.  Clearly not for fans wanting their club to sign lots of players (although everyone was maoning at PDC a few months ago for wanting to bring more in).
Talk Talk

« Reply #356 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:03:23 »

Black may well have got fed up, but it does him no favours whatever to exit so shoddily. Because it looks more and more like he's just dumped us on the first lot to come sniffing. And if he hasn't done his homework in favour of a quick sale, they could very quickly undo any good work he may have done.

Says the man who has just blown £10 mill on a few mates' whim.

Oh...no, you haven't...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:04:10 »

Says the man who has just blown £10 mill on a few mates' whim.

Oh...no, you haven't...
Don't seem to remember you giving SSW that much credit for the many millions he'd put in....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:06:00 »

And why do you assume that any of the criticism around the loan failings is aimed at Black? I'd say it would have been the new owners who should have mentioned to someone "By the way, chaps, if this goes to the wire, might be an idea to try getting pre-approval on any deadline day deals". Makes it look almost like they don't know what they're doing and have been caught on the hop

Wills stuck in a shit-load of money too, didn't exempt him from criticism. Black may well have got fed up, but it does him no favours whatever to exit so shoddily. Because it looks more and more like he's just dumped us on the first lot to come sniffing. And if he hasn't done his homework in favour of a quick sale, they could very quickly undo any good work he may have done.

That last bit is my point Paul.  Do you honestly think Black is going to give a flying monkeys what you or I think?  He's probably looking long and hard at his cash flow while considering what horses he should back tomorrow.
I'm not really knocking him for that, he saved us.  Wills did as well, he just let a fucking loon run the place.
For us, this is all shit.  At least Black has never given any pretentions about loving the club etc.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 00:07:28 »

Oh, and Al, still very much a borderline alcoholic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: