Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your The Boss  (Read 3709 times)
DMR

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 00:53:51 »

I think this thread has shown a massive lack of imagination. "oh! they've scored lots of goals for XTEAM, let's sign them". There's no way that the STFC fund would stretch that far, let's go for the sensible options. We need someone who can run on the ball with a bit of pace.

Yeah, signing a proven league goal scorer would be anything but sensible. Righto.
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 00:57:23 »

Yeah, signing a proven league goal scorer would be anything but sensible. Righto.

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense. Say we did sign Lamberrt. Can you see him and Paynter working together well? Not really. We've got Charlie and Billy, surely our best signing would be someone who complements them. Of course I wouldn't mind if we scored a top scorer from somewhere, I was also trying to add a bit of realism to the whole scenariio.

Which was pretty fucking obvious really. But if DMR thinks he can try and be clever then that's obviously a bonus for him.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 08:18:05 »

the time to have got Lambert would have been when we were looking at him when he was at Rochdale - C*ntstable when he was at Cirencester too is another might have been. 

As Leefer said, there should be one or two teams struggling financially come January and Sarfend springs to mind. 

Lee Barnard would be nice but probably still unrealistic.  If we are to make a serious attempt at the playoffs (and if succesful at winning them) I think we need a little creativity and guile, especially now that macca has gone and I've always feared Dougie Freeman -  a loan to the end of the season could be ideal
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 10:04:55 »

James Brown
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 10:08:05 »

you're*

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 10:18:22 »

aaron brown, surely
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 14:15:19 »

Tom Craddock from Luton
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 14:22:06 »

henri anier

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 14:25:12 »

Charlie McDonald form Bretford
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: