Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Team Needs You  (Read 2141 times)
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 10:28:04 »

Nicked off of the Adver Board

I had an email from a friend of mine this morning, a Town supporter of Forty-plus years.

Email as follows:
-------------------------------------------------------------
I had an interesting chat to someone on the Adver sports desk yesterday evening. I appealed to them as the community newspaper to use their position to send out a rallying call to the town.

I asked them if they could use the front page to basically say:
Thanks very much to Dennis and Gus, they've made a huge and positive impact. It would have been great for them to stay and finish what they've started but they're not. So everyone who cares about the club must do everything that they can to build on what we've got rather than lose it all through feeling sorry for ourselves.

Everyone needs a lift, and we can all lift ourselves.

Anyone who's been to see the team so far this season - make sure you bring as many other people as you can.

Fill the ground with people and noise, Say thank you to the team that has got us to 3rd in the league - demonstrate that you trust them to carry on their good work. They are the people who will win us promotion lets show them how much we care and want them to do well.

This time more than ever is the time to get behind the team and think positive.

My point was that everyone is feeling down and fed up. Some people want to blame somebody for this happening. Many people are playing the 'what if' and 'if only' game. Others are just losing interest.
Negativity and apathy can easily take over at times like these, and we could easily see a big fall in the gate as a result.

How on earth would that make the players feel - at the end of the day they are the only people that matter, and we can make a difference to their motivation and commitment. I want them to come out on the pitch on Saturday and see and hear thousands of people there to help them.

They will be feeling worse than the supporters and we need to do anything we can to help them.

I believe that a message like that would make a difference - the Adver chap agreed.

However he couldn't print what we talked about because it was not a story as such.
I asked him that if the club had asked for a message like this would they print it then - he said almost certainly yes.

So I went to the club - I spoke to someone there yesterday evening, and went through what had happened with the Adver.
I asked him straight out - Please contact the Adver and ask them to do this. I'll wait and see if anything happens.

I really do believe it would make a difference, what do you think?
-------------------------------------------------------------
End of email

My personal opinion is that this is a great idea, and it was uplifting to read something positive for once! Imagine the front page of the Adver tomorrow "YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!" with a picture of Lord Kitchener (I looked it up) from the war posters, and an small rallying piece along the lines of the above.

I think the point he is getting at, is it's down to us to rally the players now more than ever, and I think this would be a fantastic way of bringing everyone together for saturday. Sway people that had already decided not to attend after this weeks goings on, to come along after all. Persuade people to bring along a friend etc.

Maybe it is all a bit naive who knows, but if what the Adver man said is true, it'll only take the club contacting them to make this happen and I'm sure it could only be a positive thing. It would surely only take a handful of fans to contact the club suggesting something along these lines for it to get in tomorrows paper.

I've sent the club an email suggesting they contact the Adver sportsdesk this morning about making it happen, quoting some of the above. Subject "YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!"

Thoughts appreciated.
Cheers

Please feel free to cross post on Townend.com, LoudandProud, Truststfc etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - town end wig on 25/10/2006 11:20:36
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 10:30:37 »

SO will the club ask for a message like this? :|
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 10:39:21 »

This sort of thing makes me cringe to be honest but if it helps other people to feel that they are doing something then fair enough.

/
W56196272
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 10:43:31 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
This sort of thing makes me cringe to be honest but if it helps other people to feel that they are doing something then fair enough.

Damn, I was banking on you bringing the wigs.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 10:48:38 »

well you've completely lost me...

/
W56196272
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 15:00:16 »

Taken from MOS

I've spoken to the Club and the Adver this morning, the Adver think its a great idea to run a rallying call to arms ahead of saturdays game, but will need more than just one email suggesting it!... The club are obviously fully behind it and have also emailed the editor I believe, but like Rob has said, relations are far from rosy at the moment so it has to come from us fans:

So, if you've got a spare minute CONTACT THE ADVER.

If there is enough of a response from the fans, then the Adver have said they could go ahead and run a headline. Minimal effort for something that could really have an impact.

Email the news desk on the link below, with your name and email address and I'd suggest something along the lines of the following:

Come on Adver! Time to Rally the Town fans! Tomorrows Headline!!

YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!!
Dennis and Gus are gone. It would have been great for them to stay and finish what they've started but they're not. So everyone who cares about the club must do everything that they can to build on what we've got rather than lose it all through feeling sorry for ourselves.

Everyone needs a lift, and we can all lift ourselves.

Anyone who's been to see the team so far this season - make sure you bring as many other people as you can.
Fill the ground with people and noise, Say thank you to the team that has got us to 3rd in the league - demonstrate that you trust them to carry on their good work. They are the people who will win us promotion lets show them how much we care and want them to do well.

This time more than ever is the time to get behind the team and think positive.
COME ON YOU REDS!

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/aboutus/contactus/
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 10:15:03 »

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=5988

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=5992

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=5994
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: