Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372695 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2805 on: Thursday, February 8, 2024, 20:54:37 »

So do we bring him on after 70 mins just to make sure he doesn’t go over the 30 mins🤔

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2806 on: Thursday, February 8, 2024, 21:10:38 »

Seems a bit fucking pointless then really doesnt it, nothing more than a PR exercise
Presumably with every game he plays, 30 minutes will become 40 minutes....45 minutes and so on...impact sub so start with then if all goes well, starting by the end of the season. I can see the logic...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2807 on: Thursday, February 8, 2024, 21:21:23 »

I think it was a given McKirdy wasn’t going to have 90 mins in him due to his op.

However, including stoppage time he played 28 minutes last Saturday & certainly didn’t look like that was a struggle.

Still don’t think he’ll have 90 in him but think 30 minutes might be a bit of a conservative statement.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2808 on: Friday, February 9, 2024, 09:24:49 »

I was happy with deadline day. In the sense we have clearly improved what we have. However...

A 'mini pre season' for new signings is all well and good, if they are actually owned by us so that we can build momentum for next season and they can build an understanding.

But Elbouzedi and McKirdy. They're going to finally become fit and then fuck off again. How does that help us next year? If they hit the ground running, it's just Kemp and Young again but in reverse.

I just hope we have options to bring both in permanently.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2809 on: Friday, February 9, 2024, 10:38:14 »

This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2810 on: Friday, February 9, 2024, 10:51:25 »

i think it is a complete myth that mckirdy can only play x amount of time. An interpretation from a hibs fan forum post. he would not be cleared to play football if there was an issue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2811 on: Friday, February 9, 2024, 10:59:40 »

i think it is a complete myth that mckirdy can only play x amount of time. An interpretation from a hibs fan forum post. he would not be cleared to play football if there was an issue.

It was from Gunning's presser;-

Gavin Gunning on McKirdy:

"He hasn't played many games, he has great ability in training and I like the spark he brings. But at the minute we might only get 30 minutes, we probably wouldn't have got him back if he could do more.

You could see what he has against Newport."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2812 on: Friday, February 9, 2024, 11:05:11 »

No one who has missed as much football as McKirdy has for health reasons is going to be match fit.

That much is obvious. As I said - I expect Gunning is playing it safe with our expectations for McKirdy. Do I think he can manage a full 90? Nope. Do I think he can only play 30 minutes? Also nope.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2813 on: Friday, February 9, 2024, 12:49:16 »

McKirdy is that one player that can provide a spark between fans and players - if you listen to the Russell interview it sounds like they brought him back due to his links with the club and fans not because he would add something to the group, talks about selling Kinsella so they would have money left in the budget for a last minute player and for him wanting to go nothing about he would not get game time.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #2814 on: Friday, February 9, 2024, 12:54:29 »

McKirdy is that one player that can provide a spark between fans and players - if you listen to the Russell interview it sounds like they brought him back due to his links with the club and fans not because he would add something to the group, talks about selling Kinsella so they would have money left in the budget for a last minute player and for him wanting to go nothing about he would not get game time.

Where is this Russell interview? Thanks in advance
Edit. here
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hb03jx
« Last Edit: Friday, February 9, 2024, 13:25:44 by Kaufman » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2815 on: Friday, February 9, 2024, 15:55:57 »

It was from Gunning's presser;-

Gavin Gunning on McKirdy:

"He hasn't played many games, he has great ability in training and I like the spark he brings. But at the minute we might only get 30 minutes, we probably wouldn't have got him back if he could do more.

You could see what he has against Newport."

But that's just fitness, reading some replies it's like he can over ever play a certain amount for health reasons. I bet he's not far off starting. A hibs report suggested he was back on training on Oct 23rd. That's a long time.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2816 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 09:30:59 »

I nearly put this in the STFC Transfer Rumours thread but I feared the wraths of the 'thread Karens' and so it's going here. Basically we've now had a chance to see our January signings and I thought it might be worth a discussion on them so far and how we see them for next season.

Jack Bycroft (permanent) - Looked shaky as fuck on his debut but has been competent so far. Terrific stop in the last minute to save a point last night. Does he have the potential to be our number 1 for the next few seasons before we sell him for decent money? Possibly.

Conor McCarthy (Loan from Barnsley) - has oozed class. Definitely what we've needed and would be pulling out the stops to sign him permanently if at all feasible.

Williams Kokolo (short term permanent) Not a new signing really but I think there are conversations to be had where we look to get him signed up for longer. I think he's been a really good recruitment and someone I could see as our permanent LWB for next season.

Dawson Devoy (Loan from MK) - Looked very lightweight from the off but has shown glimpses that there is potentially a decent player there. At 22, if Franchise release him could be worth a year's deal as you'd imagine it wouldn't break the bank.

Paul Glatzel (permanent) - I've been really impressed with him. Tranmere fans stated he was clearly talented but has injury issues but so far so good. If he can put his injury problems behind him he could be a real find. If he gets through the rest of the season unscathed i'd be tempted to offer a longer term deal.

Sean McGurk (permanent) - looks a 'baller'! Terrific performance and goal last night. Another player i'd look to give a decent deal to (with a large sell on) as he looks a real talent.

Elbouzedi (Loan from AIK) - Has pace to burn but was pretty poor coming off the bench last night. Jury still out and unsure if signing him permanently is realistic unless he wants to leave Sweden and come back to these shores. Wouldn't be against trying to sign him permanently.

Aaron Drinan (permanent) - For me the jury is still out a little bit but I've not been impressed so far. Can we get another year out of Charlie next season? If not, he might start to come into his own as the lone target man in the front 3. I don't think he works playing alongside Charlie, but a good option to have.

Harry McKirdy (Loan from Hibs) - Clearly coming back to match fitness, but still has that spark and energy that excites fans. I'm not sure his career in Scotland is going to lift off, and perhaps him coming 'home' is probably best for all parties. Obviously that depends on £££.

Pharrell Johnson (Perment) - 1 short sub appearance so far but looked handy enough. Difficult to judge in a short cameo. Could be forming a useful left side with Kokolo.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 09:48:35 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2817 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 09:34:38 »

All sounds fair and balanced. It appears there’s not too much to add to have a decent squad next season - on paper anyway. Even Stevie Wonder can see we need some midfield beef.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 09:36:57 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2818 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 09:43:27 »

I think Drinan is the only one I haven’t see any positives in.
I’ve been somewhat confused by how we’ve used him. I think in most people’s opinions he’s the alternative for Austin - so odd they’ve been playing together (I get it if we were playing a front 2 but not a front 3) a wide forward he is it not.

Everyone else has looked decent. With what we could or couldn’t do in January I’ve lost sight of who we own & how long for. If we’ve taken over contracts that end in the summer I hope we are looking to tie those players down longer term and more importantly that we can afford to do so.

Imagine getting McGurk in January and him leaving on a free in June.

McCarthy is everything we’ve needed at CB for about 4 years now. Again I don’t know his contract situation but we should be putting the feelers out now…but knowing us we’ll wait, he’ll do well enough to attract other interest and sign else where whilst we are still messing around with the admin.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2819 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 09:44:17 »

All sounds fair and balanced. It appears there’s not too much to add to have a decent squad next season - on paper anyway. Even Stevie Wonder can see we need some midfield beef.

That's kind of where I am at the moment as well. A bit of brawn in midfield and we could have the potential of an exciting side. Still a little thin on experience as well, that also needs work, but it's positive to see that there are building blocks in place for next season.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: