Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372815 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2775 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 17:08:58 »

It was an administrative error! Look, I've made a mistake and I've owned up to it. It's time to move on and get behind the project.
I fully expected you to pass the mic to Anthony Hall to tell us that TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2776 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 18:20:23 »

It was an administrative error! Look, I've made a mistake and I've owned up to it. It's time to move on and get behind the project.

Cheesy

The mods on here are bloody freeloaders
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2777 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 11:32:47 »

The players whose contracts presently expire in the summer are:

Reece Devine, Tom Clayton, Frazer Blake-Tracy, Tom Brewitt, George McEachran, Tomi Adeloye, Tyrese Shade, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, and Charlie Austin.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2778 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 11:34:25 »

A good chance the whole lot will be gone in the summer.

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2779 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 11:36:36 »

The players whose contracts presently expire in the summer are:

Reece Devine, Tom Clayton, Frazer Blake-Tracy, Tom Brewitt, George McEachran, Tomi Adeloye, Tyrese Shade, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, and Charlie Austin.

Plus we know Glatzel and Bycroft do, but we have options - per Jamie Russell. Not quite sure if his statement included Johnson, but I assume it does.

You're also missing Kokolo and Khan I think. Plus the loans.

The shorter list is those under contract to 2025 - UGM, Minturn, Cain, Dworzak, Aguiar.

We're not sure on Genesini and Brann but I'd guess EOS.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 11:43:50 by Nemo » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2780 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 11:53:12 »

But, as ever, we don't know if the club has options on any of them (except the two newbies). Though whether we should exercise it if we did would be debatable.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2781 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 11:53:20 »

Unless things drastically change - we are going to be in massive trouble next season…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2782 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 11:54:18 »

Unless things drastically change - we are going to be in massive trouble next season…

Agreed
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2783 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 13:26:16 »

Plus we know Glatzel and Bycroft do, but we have options - per Jamie Russell. Not quite sure if his statement included Johnson, but I assume it does.

I guess the unknown is how favourable to the club are the options.

Are they straightforward extensions based on current terms or is it dependent on a significant wage uplift or even something daft like us getting promoted. If the latter 2 then you’d say it’s highly unlikely the options would get exercised.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #2784 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 13:39:50 »

I guess the unknown is how favourable to the club are the options.

Are they straightforward extensions based on current terms or is it dependent on a significant wage uplift or even something daft like us getting promoted. If the latter 2 then you’d say it’s highly unlikely the options would get exercised.

Admittedly this was me being very cynical but my first thought when I heard they’re only deals until the end of the season (with options) is that we might have sold it to these players as “you’re not getting another deal at your club, we need players, come and get some game time until the end of the season and put yourself in the shop window for the summer”.

Now the more likely reality is that we have favourable options to the club that keep us in control of exercising them but the cynicism built up with this club does make the mind wonder.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2785 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 13:45:36 »

Now the more likely reality is that we have favourable options to the club that keep us in control of exercising them but the cynicism built up with this club does make the mind wonder.

I thought it was already confirmed it is the club that has the option, i.e. club can unilaterally decide to invoke it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2786 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 13:49:52 »

I thought it was already confirmed it is the club that has the option, i.e. club can unilaterally decide to invoke it.
Yes but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s on existing terms. It may be in the clubs gift but they have to satisfy conditions x, y and z in order to exercise the option.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2787 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 13:52:57 »

If we've literally taken over their contracts as described, those options would have been negotiated by Liverpool/Forest/Southampton, who are presumably rather more competent.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2788 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 14:15:53 »

If we've literally taken over their contracts as described, those options would have been negotiated by Liverpool/Forest/Southampton, who are presumably rather more competent.
But again if they just had contracts until the end of the season with those clubs whatever they’ve agreed with us from that point forward is down to us. Ultimately we don’t know.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #2789 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 08:09:14 »

Some depth, still think we’re missing a defensive midfielder but good to have some options elsewhere

Bycroft

UGM          McCarthy         Johnson      FBT
Genesini     Minturn           Brewitt      Kokolo
                                                       Uwakwe
                 Khan            Devoy
               Dworzak       McEachran

Cain
                         McGurk
                          Aguiar
Glatzel                                        RHM
McKirdy               Austin             Elbouzedi
                          Drinan               Shade