Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372681 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2760 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 12:03:31 »

I have the same memory. Rovers fans despised him I thought. He became a meme in the end.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2761 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 12:05:20 »

Of course it's always worth getting feedback from fans of other clubs that players have played for, but it almost always takes me back to Northampton fans and Sam Parkin. What a lot of cobblers what they said turned out to be.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2762 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 12:20:05 »

Any other Parkin success stories in more recent years?

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2763 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 12:23:17 »

Nicky Ajose pretty much only scored for us
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2764 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 12:23:27 »

Doyle arguably.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2765 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 12:26:06 »

McKirdy (to a lesser extent), I think most feedback from other teams was he was shite but did ok for us.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2766 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 12:27:50 »

Nicky Ajose pretty much only scored for us

Theo Robinson kind of as well. 11 in 70 for Southend and then came in and scored 7 in 16 for us.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #2767 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 13:19:55 »

As opposed to Alex Revell who barely scored for us but then seemed to score every time he played against us for umpteen clubs!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2768 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 13:30:31 »

Jake Young arguably came to us with a pretty poor rep from all the clubs he played for.

As opposed to Alex Revell who barely scored for us but then seemed to score every time he played against us for umpteen clubs!

Wasn't this one of those fallacies where it appeared to be the case, but when the stats were checked he wasn't massively prolific against us? You are right though, he did have a reputation of seemingly notching regularly in our goal!

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2769 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 13:39:49 »

I have the same memory. Rovers fans despised him I thought. He became a meme in the end.
Only going what my Rovers supporting mates told me, they liked him and his workrate, Exeter fans really loved him!

Here are some quotes both good and bad from Rovers forum.

Actually saw him score in a pre season friendly at Kidderminster.Naturally skillful but rarely scored.

He was on loan at Cheltenham before the the gas released him, he then had trial at Swindon before signing for Crawley.
Skillful player with good feet but he was never striker think he would have made a decent midfielder though.

His record at Crawley is decent. 29 goals in 109 appearances. Just shows that players aren’t always the same everywhere

Nichols wasn’t good but we’ve definitely had worse.

May not have scored goals, but a more likeable lad yous will never meet, cost us a few quid but constantly gave 100% for th shirt an was a very gifted player in ma opinion.
It jes didn’t work out here for him.

Crawley fans gutted to lose him. Maybe they appreciate what he brings aside from the lack of goals.

I liked Nichols. Honest lad who always gave his all, brilliant at dropping in and linking with the wingers. DC really should’ve had him play that #10 roll. His stage fright in front of goal for us well documented and done to death.
Always felt the stick he got was well over the top and in many cases well out of order

From what i remember he played an attacking MF role while at Exeter. I never ever thought DC would play him and so many times, as a lone striker.

I'm fairly certain he stated several times, when asked, Centre Forward was his preferred position and where he thought was his best position even referring to himself as a 'goalscorer', unfortunately for all involved he was very obviously mistaken.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2770 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 15:02:29 »

Jake Young arguably came to us with a pretty poor rep from all the clubs he played for.

Wasn't this one of those fallacies where it appeared to be the case, but when the stats were checked he wasn't massively prolific against us? You are right though, he did have a reputation of seemingly notching regularly in our goal!
7 goals against us for 4 different clubs (Stevenage,Rotherham,Wycombe and Orient) after leaving us and 1 for Southend before he joined.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 15:17:23 by adje » Logged

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2771 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 15:04:15 »

7 goals against us in for 4 different clubs (Stevenage,Rotherham,Wycombe and Orient) after leaving us and 1 for Southend before he joined.

I stand corrected then. Smiley

adje

Ignore
« Reply #2772 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 15:18:09 »

I stand corrected then. Smiley
And he only scored in one game for us! Weird

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2773 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 16:22:29 »

Nemo - you have assigned Khan number 9 instead of 8
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2774 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 16:23:31 »

Nemo - you have assigned Khan number 9 instead of 8

It was an administrative error! Look, I've made a mistake and I've owned up to it. It's time to move on and get behind the project.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: