Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372636 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1410 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 15:21:07 »

I don’t know but assuming a fee has been agreed, but that wages haven’t (similar to Jephcott), and this is the start of negotiations.

As good as he is (when fit), I wouldn’t make him one of our top earners unless the deal is based on his availability
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #1411 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 15:52:17 »

Interesting that Morris was speaking with the agent. Shouldn't that be a pure Sandro job, unless there has been movement there?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1412 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 16:14:36 »

I think you have got to take these things with a pinch of salt when discussed in public. The truth is with Joes injury record he would need to be cheap to warrant signing despite his quality. Think of it as £ per game, he is fucking expensive. On top of which he is still under contract. 

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1413 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 16:21:09 »

His best position is left which we're sorted and playing him further up the pitch dosen't seem to work so maybe better off using the money in other areas.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1414 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 16:26:12 »

His best position is left which we're sorted and playing him further up the pitch dosen't seem to work so maybe better off using the money in other areas.
Hes predominantly right footed so I would see him as a flexible fullback/attacking midfielder. He will pretty much play anywhere in any position, assuming he can finally get fit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1415 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 16:39:14 »

FBTs preferred position is cb. I like tomlinson when he plays. But that's half the problem he doesn't play much so I would avoid
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1416 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 17:10:50 »

Are we sorted down the left? We've used quite a lot of players there - FBT, Tomlinson, Iandolo, Lavinier, Wakeling (eek) but for me it's been our weakest side. We also have to bear in mind if Hutton does get sold, it's likely/possible that Lavinier steps into RB potentially leaving us only with FBT and Wakeling there. Ifs and buts and maybes but it doesn't look hugely sorted.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1417 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 18:21:08 »

Reece Devine.

And Milan Misun.

Never knowingly overstated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1418 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 18:49:52 »

Are we sorted down the left? We've used quite a lot of players there - FBT, Tomlinson, Iandolo, Lavinier, Wakeling (eek) but for me it's been our weakest side. We also have to bear in mind if Hutton does get sold, it's likely/possible that Lavinier steps into RB potentially leaving us only with FBT and Wakeling there. Ifs and buts and maybes but it doesn't look hugely sorted.

I get we could utilise him in different positions but only if the price is right. For me his best position was left back when on loan last season and never quite reached those heights in the few games he has played since the start of February but that was probably down to the injuries he has had this season.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1419 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:04:15 »

Reece Devine.

And Milan Misun.

Completely slipped my mind!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1420 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:27:38 »

Completely slipped my mind!

Some might say you totally 'missuned' it

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1421 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 09:52:16 »

Morris may just be negotiating publicly because they'd like to keep Tomlinson but aren't going to be paying the preagreed price given his injury history.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1422 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 11:14:49 »

Morris may just be negotiating publicly because they'd like to keep Tomlinson but aren't going to be paying the preagreed price given his injury history.

May come down to if Posh want to keep him or get him off the books, and of course if there is interest from elsewhere, would be good to keep him, but at this level clubs only usually pay nominal fee's perhaps with contract clauses
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1423 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 11:22:11 »

May come down to if Posh want to keep him or get him off the books, and of course if there is interest from elsewhere, would be good to keep him, but at this level clubs only usually pay nominal fee's perhaps with contract clauses

Doncaster were interested in January before we SWOOPED. I very much doubt that MacAnthony will let him leave for nothing given they paid money to Eastleigh for him. I think there is some mechanism that they can get a development fee from us if they offer him a contract equal to what he is currently on but he chooses to sign for another team. I can't see him being wanted anymore at Posh if I am honest.

I guess the alternative is we agree not to go down that rigmarole and we just agree to give them a small transfer fee come the end of the season.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1424 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 18:16:57 »

I’m starting to wonder if we keep Ian Dolo…

He’s better than many in this squad.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: