Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'It'll never work' the obviously doomed return of the LNT  (Read 12479 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:52:51 »

Have any of you tried Les Chats yet? It's obviously more sit down and restauranty, in big contrast to the very casual nature of Los Gatos. Went round there on a Sunday January for my dad's birthday, fucking lovely. Definitely worth a go if you're fed up of the usual sit down Italian or Indian that Swindon offers quite repetitively.

PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:56:55 »

I probably could but I'm not sure posting my dad's recipes on an internet forum would go down too well!

I don't ever remember making that, pretty sure it didn't go on the menu until after I left,  it might have made an appearance as a special before then. I do have some vague memories of early tasting trials of it.

Clearly, that is fair enough. Nice food though. Moros y cristianos? Moors and Christians. Something like that.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 01:01:37 »

Have any of you tried Les Chats yet? It's obviously more sit down and restauranty, in big contrast to the very casual nature of Los Gatos. Went round there on a Sunday January for my dad's birthday, fucking lovely. Definitely worth a go if you're fed up of the usual sit down Italian or Indian that Swindon offers quite repetitively.

Not yet, might see if the other half will take me for my birthday, the menu looks great

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 01:07:21 »

My mum's been hassleing to go for lunch. My mate said it's a once a week type place rather than once a month. He might have pretensions above his standing or access to better restaurants than Swindon.
flammableBen

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 01:59:22 »

I eat out so irregularly that making a comparison between eating somewhere once a month and once a week is off my scale of experience! It's definitely not trying to be a pretentious place, just something a bit different, delicious and not too expensive.

I thought my dad was fucking mental when he said he was planning to open another place, especially in the middle of a recession. but then I thought the same when he opened Los Gatos with no restaurant experience at all. He's proved me wrong on that. Although it was fucking chaotic at the start.

I'm hungry now you cunts. I'll just drink more.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 10:11:59 »

Your dad deserves a knighthood for services to food in swindon. Les chats is ace too. My mum and dad are two of your dads biggest customers.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 17:07:17 »

My mum and dad are two of your dads biggest customers.

Maybe they shouldn't eat out so often.
flammableBen

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 02:27:25 »

Well it's late again. Anybody up to much?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 02:37:11 »

I'm playing football manager. My sleep patterns are buggered completely.
DMR

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 04:10:20 »

I;ve had a few beers and feel fantasssssssstic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: