Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will Brezovan disappoint?  (Read 4054 times)
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 07:43:57 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
wise changed the club around this season and without him we would not be where we are...........fact!

yes he thought only of himself taking the leeds job but so would have most people offered that job.
yes he is a little shit and easy to hate but the fact is he is to be thanked for helping us get to where we are this year and i dont see how anyone can argue that.

Not to mention the whole ince saga which even though he was shit in the end wise raised the profile of this club while he was here and gave us belief that we could be good again.

if iffy had the job from the start of the season we would have never got brezovan, williams and to an extent vincent who have both helped ifil no end this season and has played a massive part in getting us to where we are.

paul evans has been fantastic for us too this season when fit. and i nearly forgot paul smith too.

i dread to what iffy would have brought in but i will give iffy credit in that he got peacock to come here.

all these players i mentioned above would not have come here if wise had not been here.

sturrock has taken on the job and has got the players doing their job and doing enough to get out of this league and i guess we wont see the finished article of his plans until next year but wise i feel deserves credit.

i'm done

i'll still heckle him  though  Soapy Tit Wank
well said. I gave wise my full trust and he fucked us when i thought he'd stay. Everything you said is true and he does deserve some credit for this season but.... he left us, and we were practically fucked, morale was gone, fans were gutted.. Sturrock got things ship shape again and he's the man I will be celebrating with come end of season. And i'll still be watching Leeds results come in with cheers at every lost point

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 11:38:26 »

we'd be in a better position if Wise was still here

Thats not a knock on Sturrock at all, just that change through a season generally isnt good, I also think we would have been in a better position had we had Sturrock since July
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 11:43:00 »

I personally prefer Sturrock. I just can't for some reason trust anyone or anyone who has had anything to do with Chelsea. That's my shallow viewpoint Smiley

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 11:56:30 »

Back to Brez, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised at how much better Brezovan is compared with Smith.  Smith has done a good job but Brez is a different class.

Can't wait to see him back between the sticks.

As for Wise, yes he did a great job transforming the club from the shambles of the 05/06 season.  Sturrock has done equally as well just through different styles of management.

Let's hope this time next year we'll all be looking forward to the auto's or play offs, because if we are Sturrock will be given God like status around these parts.
Piemonte

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 12:11:56 »

Quote from: "DV85"
we'd be in a better position if Wise was still here

Thats not a knock on Sturrock at all, just that change through a season generally isnt good, I also think we would have been in a better position had we had Sturrock since July

I disagree. We would clearly be higher under wise, because Monkhouse would still be here.  :|

Not really. I agree 100%, for the same reasons. :shock:
McLovin

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 13:40:44 »

I think i am the only person in the world who didn't see what was so special about Brez. Therefore i'm wrong, i guess. :|
Sharky

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:39:12 »

I like this post its a good question.

as a keeper myself i'd have to say from seeing them both play Brezovan has more ability by far than Smith....but Smith i'd feel more confident with for consistency for now.

If I had to make up their stats on Football Manager out of 20 i'd have Brez with the odd 3 or 4 for things like kicking and consistency but i'd have him near enough on 20's for shot stopping and crosses.
Smith would be a steady 12 throughout.......the decision on which to go for is a long term short term thing I feel.   Long term Brez is by far the better, remember he hasnt been in the country long so the longer he is here the better he will get as he adapts to the game.   Short term Smith deserves the no.1 shirt.

I think the other similar one to mention in this topic is Evans in midfield.....are we making him out to be better than he was......granted I felt he was good, but there were games if I remember that Wise left him out in favour of Weston and Po0k when he was fit.....was he really the massiah we make him out to be???

Personaly I think he is the best midfielder we have and i'm looking forward to the possibility of him and Peacock in the middle......but i'm not sure he is as good as some are now preaching?! Am I wrong?
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:44:09 »

I like evans. Just go watch that forty yard free kick and it'll soon put your mind at ease. Him and Peacock in the centre. Fucking sweet

Sharky

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:47:49 »

Quote from: "Redgewell"
I like evans. Just go watch that forty yard free kick and it'll soon put your mind at ease. Him and Peacock in the centre. Fucking sweet

Like I said I think he is still the best we have....but he was on a roll before he got injured......would that have carried on all season?? would he maybe of curtailed off and been another bit player in the middle?

Personally like your good self i'm relishing the prospect of Peacock and evans in the middle, but my point remains....am I right to be this exctied about the prospect or do we think we have built him up a bit like Brez in our minds since being injured???
red macca

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:48:18 »

Brez for me by a mile.I was one of thos fortunate to see that performance in hartlepool and dont think i will see a better performance again.

On the wise subject i posted this somewhere else,Its all good and well thanking him for leaving us with good foundations but imo if it was not for him we would of won the league by now.The games leading up to and just after he left we suffered and dropped alot of points.

He is a cunt
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:55:16 »

Quote from: "Sharky"

Like I said I think he is still the best we have....but he was on a roll before he got injured......would that have carried on all season?? would he maybe of curtailed off and been another bit player in the middle?

Personally like your good self i'm relishing the prospect of Peacock and evans in the middle, but my point remains....am I right to be this exctied about the prospect or do we think we have built him up a bit like Brez in our minds since being injured???

I genuinely think at the moment evans is the best prospect we have to look forward to in midfield next to peacs.  Smithy has proved his worth but I would like to see Brezo full potential. 14 games and injured wasn't a long enough period for me to make a decision. It also seems like that era never happened it was so long ago

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:58:10 »

Deano don't worry, Wisey will be back here next season with Leeds  Cheesy
Sharky

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:59:00 »

I genuinely think at the moment evans is the best prospect we have to look forward to in midfield next to peacs.  Smithy has proved his worth but I would like to see Brezo full potential. 14 games and injured wasn't a long enough period for me to make a decision. It also seems like that era never happened it was so long ago

It has been a long old season and one of the most action packed from our perspective......still I have quite enjoyed it in the main and can not wait until Walsall at home regardless of whether we have already got the point we need or are still looking for points to secure promotion......it's going to be even louder than last weekend I think!!!
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 16:07:18 »

It has been a long old season and one of the most action packed from our perspective......still I have quite enjoyed it in the main and can not wait until Walsall at home regardless of whether we have already got the point we need or are still looking for points to secure promotion......it's going to be even louder than last weekend I think!!!

Indeed. I think 12-14 thousand. Walsall are bringing 3000. I can't wait. Walsall away was the highlight of the season for me,  played some of the best football i've seen from town in a long time. I'm hoping for the double over them and rob them of their 2nd place position too.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 18:02:54 »

Indeed. I think 12-14 thousand. Walsall are bringing 3000. I can't wait. Walsall away was the highlight of the season for me,  played some of the best football i've seen from town in a long time. I'm hoping for the double over them and rob them of their 2nd place position too.
Beat Rovers and I would say 2nd place is there for the taking, then we'll just ahve to see what Hartlepool do as the title really is in their hands at the moment
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: