Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Matchday Thread  (Read 28358 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 22:08:49 »

I made him go
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 22:09:44 »

Boring game

Brentford were aweful, and we didn't exactly dominate but then what do you expect with a team full of reserves and youth team players!

Everybody did ok tonight really, special mentions for JPM, Blackburn, Arrieta and Adams though!

Bring on Sunday  Cheesy
Rich Pullen

« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 22:09:46 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I made him go

Ah right.
flammableBen

« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 22:10:14 »

I stayed in the pub. Happy days.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 22:11:25 »

I wish I had as well Ben. In fact I probably would have gone after the game had I not been driving.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 07:00:20 »

We won four one and some of you still aren't happy,amazing!

I thought it was a good night,sure not the best football ever but the way the team turned it around after the first 20 mintues was very impressive.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 07:32:28 »

I Sturrock's post match interview he was asked about the new signing and said he had been signed and there would be a press conf in the next few days, he was asked about the goal keeping coach and said there would be a press conf in the next few days, he was asked about the fitness coach and said there would be a press conf in the next few days.....he is going to have a meeting today with Little and it will take 2-3 hours to get thorugfh everything Sturrock needs to discuss.

He also commented that Arieta is a goal scorer but his build up play is not good enough yet as he is not used to english football, and there was a technicality with the paperwork for the other guys deal so they hope to have it sorted by Sat.

He didn't sound his usual self though, he did sound quite down I thought.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 07:36:56 »

Quote from: "Scot Munroe"
Quote from: "bennett"
who the hell is almeida?

Portuguese CB from Benfica.

Not quite Benfica!

Started his career at Porto which is nearly as good!

Mauro Alexandre de Silva Almeida is an Portuguese footballer who plays as a defender He has recently been released by Accrington Stanley, having joined the club on January 30, 2007 on a free transfer, after impressing during a trial.

He started his career with top Portuguese side FC Porto, where he failed to make a first team appearance, before moving to Estrela Amadora where he stayed for two seasons. He then left to join Dutch side FC Zwolle in January 2004, where he played for a year before leaving to play for Bulgarian top division club Vihren Sandanski. He was released, but was found by Accrington shortly after, during a mid-season training trip to Spain. He left Stanley at the end of the season

Played for Swindon in a recent reseve game at Yeovil and looked comfortable if a little clumsy, looked a bit overweight and was unnattached which is why we were able to sign him and play him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 07:41:18 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Batch missed out Adams from his list, who I thought was superb tonight. Broke up the play well, good passing and even got forwards once or twice.

Adams - Looked short of full fitness. Struggled early on but came into the game more as it went on. Can't judge him as a player until he has had a few more consecutive 90 minutes. 6/10

Quote from: "bennett"

from batch's mini review the only thing i've take issue with would be tozer. i thought he was better than the mark given.

Fair enough, we'll have to disagree. I am far from writing him off as a player though, he's only 17 an I suspect a few more starts with the big boys and he'll come good.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: