Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: mouhamadou seye  (Read 19036 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:15:45 »

no. we released better than them
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:40:32 »

That's a stupid thing to say. Clearly it does take 3 months or we'd have one. What do you think they're doing, amusing themselves at the thought of starting the season with one striker? Sure it could be said that all strikers are "capable" of scoring goals, but we don't need a Sabin and if it was so easy to find a striker capable of scoring many goals, the leagues would be over run with 20 goal strikers.
why is it a stupid thing to say its my opinion an im sure i aint the only one who thinks so either. dw keeps saying that the players were looking at are no better than the ones we got well who suggesting these players to dw. were not going to have a striker that scores 20 goals this season thats for sure
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:49:33 »

were not going to have a striker that scores 20 goals this season thats for sure

As I have said elsewhere, Tranmere finished 7th and their top goalscorer has 11 goals. Franchise finished 3rd and their top scorer had 16 and Swindon and Bristol Rovers had 29 goal strikers and finished 15th and 11th respectively.

It's a team game.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:51:11 »

FFS The season hasn't even started yet...... let's all slash our wrists!!!!! End of the day we lost 2-0 to a Championship side. We are 1-1-1 against Championship sides, keeping in mind the win was over a Premier League side last season so... its not all doom and gloom! YES we need a striker, or 2 no doubt about that but we have shown that we can play decent opposition and get a positive result with what we have at the mo. Ideal or not, its where we are so lets no panic yet,
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:55:40 »

The thing is, if we sign a striker on loan, that no-one has ever heard of, people will still moan, despite the fact no-one knew much about 2 of our best strikers in the past 6 years before we signed them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:56:35 »

The rumours on the radio, where they from the reporters or fans?

Fans, not reporters.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:58:46 »

As I have said elsewhere, Tranmere finished 7th and their top goalscorer has 11 goals. Franchise finished 3rd and their top scorer had 16 and Swindon and Bristol Rovers had 29 goal strikers and finished 15th and 11th respectively.

It's a team game.

Well said.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:59:08 »

Strikers, shmikers.

carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 19:05:41 »

The thing is, if we sign a striker on loan, that no-one has ever heard of, people will still moan, despite the fact no-one knew much about 2 of our best strikers in the past 6 years before we signed them.
i knew about coxy and parkin before they came to swindon
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 19:19:46 »

Yeah, but we only have one striker paul and Wii is not valid excuse.
Wii by itself might not be, but Wii connect4 is a different ..... hang on, we've only got one striker? Just one? What the hell have they been doing? We must sign at least eight in the next week, they must all be world class and capable of scoring a hat-trick every time they play, be available on a free and prepared to be paid in dog biscuits and yet strangely have been missed by all the other clubs who've also been looking to sign prolific strikers all summer. Who apparently weren't playing Wii versions of classic travel games, no matter how engaging
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 19:34:22 »

You people sticking up for the management make me sick...they are clearly are a bunch of brain dead fucking numpties for making no attempt whatsoever to sign a striker over the whole summer.

I can picture the scene now. Danny Wilson is at the team hotel the Friday night before Gillingham...

"Well this is a piece of piss...this team selects itself...I've picked 10 out the 11 starters and all I need to do now is choose my striker to play along side Billy up front and I won't even have missed any of Gardener's World......D'OH!....WHY DIDN'T I TAKE MORE NOTICE OF THE COMMENTS SECTION ON THE ADVER WEBSITE??!??"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 19:44:04 »

I'm still not worried, and I wont be worried until 3pm next Saturday.

Why wait until after the match to worry?
Barry Scott

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:13:05 »

To echo OST and pauld. It might have been a good idea to send a letter or something to the club a few months ago when we noticed there was only one striker? I know we're all more intelligent in hindsight, but kinda wished i did now. I only decided not to as I was too busy playing Wii connect 4.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:31:16 »

we cannot go into the season with 1 striker

And why not ?

I would rather wait two weeks to get the right one than sign the wrong two now !

This is getting more like thisis every day !

For fuck sake, talk about kneejerk reaction to yesterday's result !

Does anyone on here honestly think that the team that ended or to the point started yesterdays game will be the 11 that start on Saturday ?

No, I didnt think so !!!!

I am all for lively debate but this is fucking ridiculous

Suicide
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:38:13 »

I think we need more goalies! it's all very well whining about strikers but we need to build from the back.

Does anyone really think 3 keepers is enough?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: