Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Ritchie - Bournemouth  (Read 13971 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 12:23:03 »

I'd be glad if he stayed and would be pleased at any fee over £250k.

I don't care whether Parkin09 is lying or not, but not having a reason to make it up is contradicted by starting a thread. (Just playing devil's advocate, I truly take no issue with Richie leaving, the circumstances it's done under or when, just as long as it's not at a loss.) Wink
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 12:34:55 »

I'd be glad if he stayed and would be pleased at any fee over £250k.

I don't care whether Parkin09 is lying or not, but not having a reason to make it up is contradicted by starting a thread. (Just playing devil's advocate, I truly take no issue with Richie leaving, the circumstances it's done under or when, just as long as it's not at a loss.) Wink

How so?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 12:36:42 »

I think with a squad our size, losing one or two players in January wouldn't be a problem as I would wager we have decent cover in all positions.  Richie has been fantastic and I don't understand the haters, but Esajas hasn't had his chance yet and I think he has plenty of promise.  Coupled with the fact de Vita can play on the wing and Caddis can be pushed forward, plus we'd have plenty of cash for a replacement, I won't lose any sleep if Richie leaves.

Mind you, maybe we should have kept Atiku...
Barry Scott

« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 12:44:10 »

How so?

Don't worry, I was jesting, not being a cunt. I was implying that starting a thread is a good reason for making something up. Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:05:59 »

Players don't look at the size of the club when deciding to leave or not. They look at what division the club is in and how much they can earn.

Look at Sheehan, Rose, Douglas, Cuthbert etc.

Notts County, Orient, Brentford and Colchester are all smaller clubs than us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:11:05 »

Mr Wray said Boremuffs offer was less than £200k, if they are such a rich club and truly want their man then surely they would have offered us a lot more than they did.

I am sure there is no truth in the rumour that hes been tapped up. I am sure as that would be an illegal approach to a contracted player and hence they would be in line for a fine from the FA surely.

If they came back with £500k then maybe we would start talking, and anyway Boremuff are in no way a bigger club than us and have had a lot of financial problems so I cant see they would offer him much more than we can TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:16:26 »

Players don't look at the size of the club when deciding to leave or not. They look at what division the club is in and how much they can earn.

Look at Sheehan, Rose, Douglas, Cuthbert etc.

Notts County, Orient, Brentford and Colchester are all smaller clubs than us.

Orient at a push, i'd say we're near enough identical in stature to brentford and notts county are far bigger than we are

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:21:32 »

Orient at a push, i'd say we're near enough identical in stature to brentford and notts county are far bigger than we are

I would say that Notts County are a bigger club than we are in all honesty, but we are a bigger than Brentford, Col U and Orient IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:23:22 »

You're having a laugh. I'll give you Notts County. Probably about the same size but we're a bigger club than Colchester, Orient and Brentford easily.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:23:45 »

I hear a few titbits as well, and one of them was the new joint owner doesn't want to be spending any dosh
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:29:08 »

You're having a laugh. I'll give you Notts County. Probably about the same size but we're a bigger club than Colchester, Orient and Brentford easily.

We have a similar sized ground to brentford, get similar attendances and both have spent most of their time in the bottom two divisions, with the odd flourish up to the second level. Only difference being our 'glory' days were more recent than theirs. In what way are they bigger?

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:33:45 »

We have a similar sized ground to brentford, get similar attendances and both have spent most of their time in the bottom two divisions, with the odd flourish up to the second level. Only difference being our 'glory' days were more recent than theirs. In what way are they bigger?

Brentford's ground may hold about 12k but it's mainly due to having alot of terraces. Their average gate is 5360 this season. Ask any football fan which is the bigger club and most will say us.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:43:26 »

Fair enough. Obvious we disagree about our stature in relation to the wider football world.

Matters of size are of trivial importance really when it comes to a footballers motives - they'll tend to opt for a higher division/salary in most instances. Barring the odd exception, it's largely been that way since football began hasn't it?

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 15:09:33 »

Fair enough. Obvious we disagree about our stature in relation to the wider football world.

Matters of size are of trivial importance really when it comes to a footballers motives - they'll tend to opt for a higher division/salary in most instances. Barring the odd exception, it's largely been that way since football began hasn't it?

That was my original point. Brentford, Orient and Colchester may be smaller clubs but they're playing at a higher level and can offer higher wages. Well some of them can, not sure about Orient ?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 15:13:44 »

That was my original point. Brentford, Orient and Colchester may be smaller clubs but they're playing at a higher level and can offer higher wages. Well some of them can, not sure about Orient ?

Who says they can offer higher wages? Unless they've got the same or higher attendances it's unlikely as the extra income from the League isn't that much more in League One than League Two. I'd imagine we get a lot more income from other sources as well and are run a lot better than a lot of other clubs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: