Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please fuck off Gareth  (Read 13777 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:12:49 »

Fuck that. I'm not interested in his feelings or his family. I care about STFC not the "poverty striken" families of someone who has probablly been earning over £100k a year for at least 10 years. He's probablly not a multi millioniare, but I'm willing to bet he has greater wealth than any of us.  

The club has offered him a mutual termination where he would recieve x% of the outstanding wages he is owed for his 18 months. If he had any dignity or belief in his ability he would take it
Melksham Red

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:18:04 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
This criticism is well out of order. I would definitely do the same in his position. He's hardly a multi-millionaire is he? He's got a mortgage to pay and a family to look after the same as any other regular person.

What you happen to think of him as a player is irrelevant.

People seriously expect him to say "Oooooh, please tear up my contract, stop paying me, I don't want to be a burden!" FUCK THAT! Some people need to take off their Swindon Town goggles and take a look at the real world!

Some people need to get out of the real world and put their Swindon Town goggles back on.

He's a cunt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:19:07 »

Who knows what his personal finances are. Who knows what he has been offered. Not us that is for sure.

He has a contract and if he can't afford to leave with the package in place then fair enough. Being shit isn't a valid reason to owe us something.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:24:11 »

I have to agree with OST, the bloke's done nothing wrong here, if we offered him the contract then it's his right to stay.

It's a shame he hasn't performed really.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:28:47 »

If he's at the club and we're paying his wages Sturrock should give him a chance to show him what he can do like he has done with all the other players (except Fola).

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:31:27 »

remember cobian?same situation but he was even shitter
STFC Village

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:33:40 »

But he'd rather shoot himself than rob money from STFC
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:39:25 »

Of course the other thing is, If I were in a £100k+ job I would be expected to work for my money. He is not needed. if I were not needed at my job I would be made redundant with a payoff. Why is football any different?

At the end of the day, if he had any faith in his own ability he would take the cash and find a new club. As it is, he knows he is shit and this will be his last contract so he is milking it for all it's worth.

That is not the behavior of a gentleman.
Piemonte

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:40:00 »

If he's at the club and we're paying his wages Sturrock should give him a chance to show him what he can do like he has done with all the other players (except Fola).

Even if I get off my high horse about him leaving he's clearly well down the pecking order.

On merit alone, Weston, Timlin, Pook, Evans (if fit) and possibly even Ben Wells are ahead of him in terms of ability
Sharky

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:49:51 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Of course the other thing is, If I were in a £100k+ job I would be expected to work for my money. He is not needed. if I were not needed at my job I would be made redundant with a payoff. Why is football any different?

At the end of the day, if he had any faith in his own ability he would take the cash and find a new club. As it is, he knows he is shit and this will be his last contract so he is milking it for all it's worth.

That is not the behavior of a gentleman.

Do you have a date set contract with your work? if you did then you would be well within your rights to make the company honour that contract unless you did someting to actively compell your employer to sack you, thus forfeiting any rights you have to your contract.

As it happens most 'regular' peoples working contracts (full time basis) do not have a time scale placed on them but instead are simply open ended and thus able to be ended at any given time (barring due notice provided by employee or employer to terminate that contract as per any agreement made).

Whalley has openly stated he wants to get his head down and play football for us if he is allowed and he DOES have a contract that states he will stay until a set time....so why in any sane persons mind would anyone settle for a third of the money to go away and not to the job they love without a good to strong prospect of a future job???
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:52:14 »

I am assuming this is what happened:

Sturrock says: "I'm never going to pick you again laddy" or something.

Whalley tries to find another club but cannot find one. Due partly, I would imagine, to the fact that he is not match fit as he has not been playing games because Sturrock has said he's never going to pick him.

The club offer him a pay off which is less than what he would have earned had he stayed under contract.

Now he is supposed to be saying, "Thanks for throwing me on the scrap heap and offering me less than the value of my contract to fuck off. I accept your generous offer and will gladly seek employment at my local chicken stuffing factory getting paid minimum wage!"

The club offered a long contract to get a player to the club. It didn't work out. It happens. It's no one's fault.
spacey

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 13:12:01 »

This criticism is well out of order. I would definitely do the same in his position. He's hardly a multi-millionaire is he? He's got a mortgage to pay and a family to look after the same as any other regular person.

What you happen to think of him as a player is irrelevant.

People seriously expect him to say "Oooooh, please tear up my contract, stop paying me, I don't want to be a burden!" FUCK THAT! Some people need to take off their Swindon Town goggles and take a look at the real world!

I totally endorse the sentiments of this post. I like that you have imagined the words that Gareth Whalley would  have used (especially the"Oooooh" bit) and that and in your later post have Paul Sturrock using the phrase "Laddy" . I also like the use of swearing in capital letters.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 13:13:21 »

I am assuming this is what happened:

Sturrock says: "I'm never going to pick you again laddy" or something.

Whalley tries to find another club but cannot find one. Due partly, I would imagine, to the fact that he is not match fit as he has not been playing games because Sturrock has said he's never going to pick him.

The club offer him a pay off which is less than what he would have earned had he stayed under contract.

Now he is supposed to be saying, "Thanks for throwing me on the scrap heap and offering me less than the value of my contract to fuck off. I accept your generous offer and will gladly seek employment at my local chicken stuffing factory getting paid minimum wage!"

The club offered a long contract to get a player to the club. It didn't work out. It happens. It's no one's fault.

Spot on.
FACT!!
Piemonte

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 13:16:49 »

But Sturrock is quite right in not picking him. We have at least 4 better central midfielders in our squad.

I appreciate that a contract is a contract and its not his fault that dickhead King offered him far too long. I appreciate that it is his legal right to sit out his contract, but in my view as someone who helps pay said contract that is morally wrong on his part.

This emotive imagary of him putting food on the table for his family is pure bollocks as is him working in a chicken factory as opposed to pro football. The bloke must have earned over a million quid in his career the only hardship his family would experience is maybe his mrs wouldnt get the new X5 shes been hankering after.

Assuming he was on £1k a week and the club offered to pay half his contract, thats a £39k lump sum. should be enough to keep him out of the chicken factory for a week or two
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 13:55:21 »

I find it hard to believe anyone would do the same in his situation happy to come into a job where your clearly not wanted just so you have money on the table.

As well as being paid off by Swindon a club elsewhere would of took him all be it on less wages but I am sure enough to live on, difference is hes overpaid now and wants to continue to finance the cooshdy lifestyle he has become accustomed to.

Fair enough no way.  He is no more than a selfish waste of space.  If he enjoyed football he would want to play and join another club, he has no shame he has milked this club in his time here and done nothing in return.   :evil:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: