Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Petr Brezovan  (Read 14319 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #90 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 19:19:45 »

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/flammableben/bcard.gif

Only joking.

Any suggestions?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 19:25:01 »

Do a cartoon of him saving the two pens at Hartlepool I reckon.
STFC Village

« Reply #92 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 21:46:36 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
I'm going to send Petr a "Get Well Soon" card :gay:

I've been thinking about getting a TEF card up together....maybe FB could draw a cartoon on the front, then writing out a message and getting my Czech friend to translate it for us into Slovak.

Whadda ya think?
:thumbs: Brilliant idea Reg!

Think Si's on to something by including his best moments so far, perhaps something about his Player Of The Month award as well?

Would we be signing this as an ensemble (ie lots of love, TEF xxx) or with individual messages in Slovakian (ie Dear Petr, i want your babies, love Birdy xxx)?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 22:18:30 »

The handwritten personal messages might be a bit difficult to organise, but individual messages like Birdy's ought to be possible.    :fag:  :shake: thank you.

FB think its almost there.
Dazzza

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 22:06:39 »

Nice interview with Dick Mackey today.....

Mind your language
Swindon Town physio Dick Mackey, who has been with the club for 15 years and experienced the club's highs and lows from a unique perspective, today writes the first of what will be a regular weekly column for this website.

As soon as I ran on the field on Saturday and saw the way the other players were reacting I knew goalkeeper Peter Brezovan was going to have suffered a serious injury.

Usually, to be honest, it is not until you have a chance to get close up to the player that you can tell but the lads were clearly distressed and I feared it was going to be bad.

My main concern was to get him off the pitch as soon as possible and away to have treatment on his broken upper left arm.

continued...
Dealing with the situation was made more difficult because Peter speaks very little English. Although as he was obviously in a lot of pain it was probably just as well I couldn't understand everything he was saying.

Luckily we have a very good interpreter, a local woman is Slovakian, and she was able to help me explain to him exactly what was going to happen.

She and a friend who also speaks Slovakian came with us to the Great Western Hospital and were very good at helping me to tell him what the doctor was saying and what the options were.

It was vital we got him the right treatment for his shattered arm because as a goalkeeper it is very important for him to regain total mobility.

He underwent surgery on Sunday and was able to come out of hospital today. He has already been given exercises to do by the hospital but it will be many months before he is back to full fitness.

For the next few days he just needs to get over the stress of a major operation and allow the wound to heal.

We will then start working on keeping his fitness up. I don't speak Slovakian but I will have to try and learn a few words.

Actually it will be a great opportunity for Peter to improve his English. I will be happy to help him all I can but we will probably have to get him a tutor.

The manager always takes a serious intererest in the players' injuries and of course wants his best people back on the field as soon as possible but he understands that they have to be given time to get back to fitness.

We have a chat every day to go through all the current injury problems.

I consider it part of my job to keep the moral of the players up as well as look after their injuries. We have a bit of banter and I like to think they can chat to me.

Despite all the financial problems the mood at the club at the moment is very positive. We had a good win on Saturday and the players are happy

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 22:14:49 »

Said on the radio that Den and Gus paid for his Mum to come over as well which I thought was a nice touch Cool

/
W56196272
flammableBen

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 00:26:29 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
I'm going to send Petr a "Get Well Soon" card :gay:

I've been thinking about getting a TEF card up together....maybe FB could draw a cartoon on the front, then writing out a message and getting my Czech friend to translate it for us into Slovak.

Whadda ya think?

Im gonna be away from the internet for a few days so you might be better off just using a screen cap aof his save or maybe a pic of him collecting his award. If someones got Paintshop Pro or something then I'm sure you can get a watercolour/stencil/chalk filter to make pictures look all nice.

I hope you go ahead with it though, it's a nice idea.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:12:49 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Said on the radio that Den and Gus paid for his Mum to come over as well which I thought was a nice touch Cool

Yep, I totally agree. Top marks for Dennis and Gus - they keep proving what great people they are.

But ... I do think this is something the club should have done rather than it coming from the pockets of the bosses.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:32:58 »

I think the board aren't too keen on signing Brez on a permanent deal. In my opinion, Wise seems to be saying things in public to try and sway the board his way, like stating last night he'd like to sign Brez permanently.
swindonrobin

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 15:37:24 »

They're mad if they don't sign him! :shock: Brilliant goalie, great investment too!
Northern Red

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 19:17:25 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
I think the board aren't too keen on signing Brez on a permanent deal. In my opinion, Wise seems to be saying things in public to try and sway the board his way, like stating last night he'd like to sign Brez permanently.

Buying a goalie with a broken arm is hard to justify in a business decision (which is the board's job)

I hope someone can prove he's worth far more than he'd cost to buy. We could even make a profit on him in a few years, a la Sam Parkin. (Just don't set the release price too low again!)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 21:09:02 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Quote from: "sam_stfc"

Buying a goalie with a broken arm is hard to justify in a business decision (which is the board's job)

I hope someone can prove he's worth far more than he'd cost to buy. We could even make a profit on him in a few years, a la Sam Parkin. (Just don't set the release price too low again!)

few years, I reckon we could make a 500% profit on him in 6 hours max....couple of clubs come in 700% profit....maybe if we push it 1000% profit.

This is going on the basis the 100k figure is correct, he is worth much more than that....broken arm or not
Red Chris

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 21:47:47 »

He is on the ward below the one I work on, the Shalbourne suite within the treatment centre at the GWH! I should go down and see him on my break and take him a card!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: