Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sam parkin  (Read 13781 times)
Northern Red

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:17:15 »

Nearly all of his goals were from close distance (between penalty spot and 6 yard box). Not really a long distance striker of the ball....

That's where Ipswich need him, right up there with good crossers banging them into him.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 10:46:56 »

Preston have confirmed their interest in him. Hopefully a fresh start if it comes off.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 11:27:22 »

Quote from: "ibelieveinmrreeves"
Preston have confirmed their interest in him. Hopefully a fresh start if it comes off.

that is the story for you

Preston North End have confirmed they have made an offer for Ipswich Town striker Sam Parkin.
Fellow Championship sides Luton and Coventry are also believed to be keen on the 25-year-old 6ft 2in forward.

"Parkin is a player we've made an offer for. He's one of a number of people we've chased," Preston chairman Derek Shaw told the Lancashire Evening Post.

He added: "But it isn't £200,000, like it has been reported. I wouldn't like to comment on what the figures are."

Parkin has been hampered by injury since his £550,000 move from Swindon Town to Portman Road in June 2005.

He has made only 17 League starts and scored five goals in that period.

The striker was then left out of new manager Jim Magilton's squad of 16 for the opening-day defeat by Crystal Palace.
red macca

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 12:51:53 »

5 goals in 17 games isnt to shoddy is it
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 12:54:23 »

He's come on 5 times as sub as well
Northern Red

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 13:40:04 »

Do we get a percentage on resale?
kaufman

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 16:44:20 »

really interesting reading posts on the ipswich rivals site

there are tons of threads about him and their fans are arguing about whether they are going to regret selling him.

the general feeling is that he was never given a chance to prove himself and was booed most of the time he played, he even got ironic cheers for when he did something right.

coventry, luton or preston would be a good move cant help feeling luton is where he would do best and i had a gut feeling newell had parkin in mind when he got that ridiculous price for steve howard.

i hope he goes on to score 20 odd goals this season for his new team and show ipswich what they missed out on.

feel really sorry for him.

shame q.p.r did not have the money to make a bid
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 18, 2006, 13:17:07 »

I know people bang on about he's in the past and we shouldn't bther thinking about him, but Super sam was one of the good guys, not just because he scored a shed-load of goals for us. He conducted himself impecably at every turn and truly deserves to be at a club where the fans appreciate him. I'd always liked Ipswich fans until they treated him the way they have...if only they knew
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 18, 2006, 13:57:52 »

Sam is a legend, end of.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Piemonte

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 18, 2006, 14:11:50 »

Fjortoft - legend.

Parkin - not legend.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 18, 2006, 14:14:59 »

Parkin is the best striker we have had since Fjortoft though. simple as that
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 18, 2006, 14:17:13 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Fjortoft - legend.

Parkin - not legend.
How is one a legend and the other not?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Piemonte

« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 18, 2006, 14:26:24 »

Copied and pasted something i said a few weeks ago:

In my view, a true legend has to be one of the best players in his position that the club has ever had. Parkin falls into the catagory below that for me.

Off the top of my head better strikers than SSP include
Fjortoft
D Shearer
White
Opara
Close

(ok I was taking the **** with the last 2)
Piemonte

« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 18, 2006, 14:27:03 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Parkin is the best striker we have had since Fjortoft though. simple as that

I agree. Thats not really saying much though is it?

Having said that George Ndah had more talent but wasnt an out and out striker or goalscorer.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 18, 2006, 14:41:26 »

I fucking hate agreeing with PM, but he talks the truth (on this subject and BB)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: