Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sam parkin  (Read 13782 times)
red macca

« on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 20:56:56 »

Dordrecht 1-1 Town

Town recorded their third successive 1-1 draw as they completed their tour of Holland and Belgium with a disappointing game at FC Dordrecht. Richard Naylor netted for the Blues, with both goals coming in the opening seven minutes.

Boss Jim Magilton played Sam Parkin in an advanced central midfield/deep-lying striker role ahead of Vemund Brekke Skard with Jaime Peters on the right and Ian Westlake on the left. Danny Haynes partnered Nicky Forster in front of Parkin.

:shock: surely this is not his position
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 20:59:05 »

Wouldn't have thought so, but friendlies are for experimenting......perhaps SSP will become a new Teddy Sheringham.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 20:59:42 »

It certainly is not his position.  From what I gather, Sam is not having a happy time of it with the Tractor Boys. I can see him getting loaned out this season (not to us though!)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 22:30:07 »

first time ive heard SSP mentioned in ages....and its not even about him scoring....so I guess he hasnt got any this pre-season...

oh dear....was so sure it would all work out for him as well....oh well if not he can always come back to his adopted home
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 10:09:15 »

At least he is playing again after his injury problems

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 10:16:11 »

He's still getting the boo boys after him as well I think.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 11:28:43 »

Which is ridiculous - despite missing most of last season thru injury, he still finished as their second highest scorer. Surely even the Suffolk worzels can work out that that perhaps indicates the problem lies with the team/formation as a whole? Like for example anyone on here could tell them playing SSP on his own up front doesn't work. Bah!
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 11:34:12 »

I've had a few chats with an ipswich fan recently down here...  
He's very insistent on me telling him exactly how ipswich should play in order to get the best out of SSP.
I can't be bothered to think of the answer..

Can someone give me a quick talk-off I can use that will keep him quiet for the time-being?
I've tried explaining that pace and heading ability are not particular attributes of the man so how did he score his goals?

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Northern Red

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 16:10:03 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"
I've tried explaining that pace and heading ability are not particular attributes of the man so how did he score his goals?

He played in League One.

All credit to the bloke, but I think he'd found a good level, and shouldn't have necessarily gone up a league - sorry.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 16:11:43 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
He played in League One.

All credit to the bloke, but I think he'd found a good level, and shouldn't have necessarily gone up a league - sorry.

You could be right - I think it's best to reserve judgement until he plays a full season, fully fit.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 16:17:09 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Quote from: "Northern Red"
He played in League One.

You could be right - I think it's best to reserve judgement until he plays a full season, fully fit.

Yeah have to agree with that. My Ipswich mate says the same, that he can't really rate him or boo him til he has played a few more games for them.
Northern Red

« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 16:46:51 »

Suppose - but he could've also picked a better team than Ipswich (just to wind your mate up)
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 16:19:02 »

I think I'm just gonna email him this link. Saves me the hassle!
Quite a good little montage actually.. probably been posted before but I think some of the Tractor Boys who doubt his ability could do with watching it..

I definitely don't remember him scoring so many with his head!

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 16:27:25 »

He was always good with his positioning which is why he got the headers. Such as that one against QPR one on one from a Gurney cross if I remember correctly.

He is ace. Definitely good enough for the Championship IF you use him as an out and out centre forward!
magnum150

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:14:52 »

Pleeeeeease come back Sam, I've missed those goals. Actually come and play with the new Leg that is Brownlie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: