Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power radio phone in  (Read 89325 times)
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #210 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 22:58:16 »

The news guy used to rush up on to the platform selling the Pink before the Kemble train left at about 6 pm - calling at Purton, Minety and Ashton Keynes and Oaksey Halt!!  That was after getting chips from the shop in Wellington Street!!  Happy days, never to be repeated sadly.

During the week there was a guy selling papers on the station in the afternoon. As a young trainspotter (yes, I know), he seemed to be yelling 'standing in the nude'.

It was only later I realised he was selling the London evening papers, ( the Evening) 'Standard, Evening News'.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 23:12:54 »

Really?

Problem?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 23:14:35 »

Paulines fish bar,next to "Dingo"s" cafe.
Happy days indeed.

Ffs now you are going back down memory lane.
We used to go into the Hong Kong fish bar down Manchester Road after the game on route back to the station.
Best spring rolls I have ever tasted.
If closed then Pauline's defo in second place.
Great memories dodging the bricks from the bus station v Brentford in the FA Cup,:)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 23:19:03 »

Still get that "tingle" even now when I make the train journey.
Do it a few times each season just to relive the experience.
Give the kids a commentary which they just look at me confused.
Old romantic me and so fucking glad I remember the detail.
Puts a knot in the stomach. Loyal bastard me like Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 00:06:58 »

Looking at their latest article I can't see bridges being rebuilt any time soon....
That Bassam character seems a bit of a cock which doesn't help, in fact none of the Adver writers tweeting about it today come across very well.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/11714057.Redditch_chairman_Swan_bites_back_at_Power/?ref=rss
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 00:13:15 »

Looking at their latest article I can't see bridges being rebuilt any time soon....
That Bassam character seems a bit of a cock which doesn't help, in fact none of the Adver writers tweeting about it today come across very well.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/11714057.Redditch_chairman_Swan_bites_back_at_Power/?ref=rss

That looks suspiciously like reporting to me.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 00:18:11 »

That looks suspiciously like reporting to me.
Letting Jed's mate have a cry and slag off the club? Does anyone really care about the Redditch chairman? He fucked up and made the decision not to offer players contracts, it's just another example of the Adver digging up the negatives.
scollenstfc

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 00:21:26 »

Completely agree! whether right or wrong to ban the adver, the tweets sent out since ring out very similar to a someone who has been dumped by a partner and just cant seem to move on with their life. I half expect to see apologies and begging for forgiveness in a couple of days time after the adver realise how silly all the social media has made them look!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 00:42:39 »

Im waiting for the article where there is a selfie of bassam stood outside the ground. Surprised it didnt happen today tbh
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 00:56:59 »

Letting Jed's mate have a cry and slag off the club? Does anyone really care about the Redditch chairman? He fucked up and made the decision not to offer players contracts, it's just another example of the Adver digging up the negatives.

Or just giving someone's point of view. I think we're big enough to draw our own conclusions. Saying it shouldn't be reported is a bit like pressing the "ignore" button on here. Does anyone actually do that, however much they disagree with the poster?

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 01:28:15 »

Or just giving someone's point of view. I think we're big enough to draw our own conclusions. Saying it shouldn't be reported is a bit like pressing the "ignore" button on here. Does anyone actually do that, however much they disagree with the poster?
But it's pointlessly negative it's nothihg more than a 'he said' 'she said' article, it's just a guy crying who is obviously having his strings pulled by someone with an axe to grind, it's not really news worthy. If the other clubs had offered all these great deals before us why was Hylton still with them then.
You could equally spin it to say what a great piece of business it is by Power to get the player for free and just report Redditch as being bitter about losing their star.
There are ways to write articles and this is another example of intentionally focusing on the negatives, it could have just been a subset of the Hylton article it didn't need it's own piece and headline.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 08:23:35 »

It's a story about Swindon town. I don't think the press should be a propaganda machine that prints only stfc approved nice stories for fear of being banned.

The adver do like to sensationalise headlines, but they've got to sell papers. Anyone with an IQ higher than Joe Cole could see it was a slightly nothing story just by reading it. But yes they could have gone with "Swindon sign Hylton," as the headline and "Redditch to complain" as a secondary (smaller) heading.

Should point out I'm not really reading much of the adver output right now. I'm not a fanboy Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 09:40:09 »

Paulines fish bar,next to "Dingo"s" cafe.
Happy days indeed.
Dingos!!!!  A bit of interest upstairs there as well with one or two no doubt, perhaps Reg will give us his views!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 14:07:50 »

Im waiting for the article where there is a selfie of bassam stood outside the ground. Surprised it didnt happen today tbh
Wouldn't that involve coming down from the office in Oxford though... from the quality of the match reports I am not convinced they even come to swindon to watch the games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 14:13:18 »

I think this is fair enough really:

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11715935.Why_it_is_our_duty_to_report_on_Swindon_Town_by_Swindon_Advertiser_editor_Gary_Lawrence/

Fact is, if people don't like the stories the Adver print then they won't but it to read them, and the paper will die a quicker death. The Adver are there to try and make money, not suck off the club.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: