Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power radio phone in  (Read 89267 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 14:00:47 »

First question of the phone-in. They're in discussions with the trust of the deceased.
It's being used toward a new training ground in Chippenham (probably) there is an article about it today but i can't seem to find it.

Ta gents. Much obliged.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 14:12:15 »

It's being used toward a new training ground in Chippenham (probably) there is an article about it today but i can't seem to find it.
Shameless plug:
http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/01/08/towns-new-training-base-at-stanley-park-could-cost-5million/
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 14:29:22 »

Personally, if we've £5 mill to invest in a new training facility, I'd rather it was in the Borough of Swindon, I know Power says he's tried, but why should Chippenham benefit?

Could be the thin end of a relocation of ground wedge....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 15:24:29 »

Finally catching up with this, I think its clear he is getting a lot more confident and natural talking to the media - seems a lot happier.
Shrivvy

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 15:49:47 »

Is it me or does LP only really talk to Linksport (and BBC Wilts)? It seems like they have some sort of agreement to get all the 'exclusives' in exchange for not reporting anything remotely controversial.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 15:59:03 »

Is it me or does LP only really talk to Linksport (and BBC Wilts)? It seems like they have some sort of agreement to get all the 'exclusives' in exchange for not reporting anything remotely controversial.

Asking a similar question.... Is it me or do you only post negative things about the present board do you do this in exchange for something from Jed?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 16:03:49 »

If you had listened to the phone-in you were told by Power that one section of the media are happy to print the negative things and generally stir it up out of all proportion - fairly obvious why he would prefer to talk to others I would have thought!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 16:05:29 »

If there is news to be reported then I think Link & BBC report it but maybe they tend to word things different than certain other media and try and find out the facts first instead of just writing a negative story with no hard facts.  
Sam had his issues with power last season but I think it shows that Power now trusts him to give him interviews and information, Sam has proved himself worthy of this in LP's eye's.
Shrivvy

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 16:15:23 »

I heard that. But it depends how you define 'stir it up'. I think LP means anything other than positive, and unfortunately negative things go on at football clubs. As part of the community non footballing matters are important also.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 16:20:56 »

If there is news to be reported then I think Link & BBC report it but maybe they tend to word things different than certain other media

With correct spelling, grammar and sources for instance - unlike the Adver!
Shrivvy

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 16:23:32 »

With correct spelling, grammar and sources for instance - unlike the Adver!

That's a given!
Humanpunk

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 16:35:35 »

Personally, if we've £5 mill to invest in a new training facility, I'd rather it was in the Borough of Swindon, I know Power says he's tried, but why should Chippenham benefit?

Not sure about the relocation, but Stanley Park is an exceptional facility already, winning awards and is apparently regarded as one of the top venues in the country after Burton.

Town's Youth Teams already play there, Southampton's Academy Development Centres play there, Spurs Academy held a Summer Holiday session there and the Spurs training staff were blown away by it.

I don't mind that the funding will be leaving Swindon, its more important Town have outstanding facilities than location.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 16:36:07 »

More likely tied in with the rent thing, "lets get talking or...."
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 17:51:25 »

Not sure about the relocation, but Stanley Park is an exceptional facility already, winning awards and is apparently regarded as one of the top venues in the country after Burton.

Town's Youth Teams already play there, Southampton's Academy Development Centres play there, Spurs Academy held a Summer Holiday session there and the Spurs training staff were blown away by it.

I don't mind that the funding will be leaving Swindon, its more important Town have outstanding facilities than location.

If we do go there, we should definitely tell Southampton to fuck off.

Fed up with them nicking all the local talent
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 18:07:22 »

Lee Power is a fantastic bloke. I've got quite a strong friendship with him and he's genuine and down to earth. Top man.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: