Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power radio phone in  (Read 89295 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #90 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 09:15:48 »

I think people are taking the '10x' a bit too literally. I think he was speaking figuratively. People say stuff like that when they mean 'a lot more/bigger'.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 09:23:41 »

When Power said City's budget was 10 times ours, it was a mistake on his part as he'd previously said on several occasions theirs was the division's highest and was between £11m and £12m. People have only heard the "10 times ours" and missed what went before.

I think people are taking the '10x' a bit too literally. I think he was speaking figuratively. People say stuff like that when they mean 'a lot more/bigger'.
Both correct I think, as FH says it was a "figure of speech" and not a literal one.

But that said, their playing budget must be in excess of 6 or 7 times ours so they should be 6 or 7 times better than us....they aren't.

As other shitty teams have done their manager has pissed his budget away on poor players, who even now are certainly player for player no better than any of our players, I wouldn't swap a single player of ours for one of theirs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 09:47:18 »

I wonder what happens with loan players? Is that a way around the budget/wages restrictions?

When a loan player comes, who pays their wages?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 09:51:45 »

I wonder what happens with loan players? Is that a way around the budget/wages restrictions?

When a loan player comes, who pays their wages?

The loaning club will usually pay something, even if it's not the full wage - see the RAF paying for a series of loans (Proctor, Lonergan) years ago.

I believe it's not uncommon for young Prem players to be loaned out for free or with a very low wage contribution, but on the proviso that they're somehow guaranteed first team football - there were a lot of rumours around this when our relationship with Spurs started, but not sure how much truth was in them. For example in our playoff season Nouble was supposedly on 20k/week at Wham and I'm pretty sure we weren't paying even a quarter of that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 10:04:07 »

For example in our playoff season Nouble was supposedly on 20k/week at Wham and I'm pretty sure we weren't paying even a quarter of that.

Bit of an exaggeration.....Frank was on a pauper's 10K a week.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=38774.0
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 10:09:42 »

Bit of an exaggeration.....Frank was on a pauper's 10K a week.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=38774.0

First comment from me as well. Clearly I'm losing it.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 10:16:51 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30711196

Branco was in a car wash comment circa 13 minutes in. blimey scouting network really do have all options covered

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 10:22:37 »

First comment from me as well. Clearly I'm losing it.

You haven't had a baby in the last week? Jayo seems to be losing it as well....it's usually the bird who goes a bit Lady Gaga post natal....but new men now, so who knows?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 10:24:02 »

What the fuck are you babbling about?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 10:35:57 »

What the fuck are you babbling about?

A man who can't tell a frenulum from a perineum, due to an inability to read a post correctly  Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 11:19:13 »

You're going senile.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 13:36:40 »

I think Power has to be given credit as well last season he was givne criticism for his communication, ths season he seems to have improved that by doing things like the phone in and speaking more to the likes of Sam.

Credit where it is due
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 13:51:10 »

So I don't suppose anyone asked about the bequest (between £1-2m if I remember correctly) to the club for development purposes. That surely can't still be subject to probate - it dates back at least a couple of years. When's it ever going to surface?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 13:54:41 »

So I don't suppose anyone asked about the bequest (between £1-2m if I remember correctly) to the club for development purposes. That surely can't still be subject to probate - it dates back at least a couple of years. When's it ever going to surface?

First question of the phone-in.

They're in discussions with the trust of the deceased.
Flashheart

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 13:55:14 »

It's being used toward a new training ground in Chippenham (probably) there is an article about it today but i can't seem to find it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: