Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THE FLASH - UDDERS V TOWN Matchday thread  (Read 38443 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 20:09:14 »

Not read back through the thread yet but good point in the context of the season, not enough in the context of the survival battle.

Not saying I expected even a point. Can't fault the players getting a fantastic clean sheet. Its just that we need to nick improbable, impossible wins when the opportunity is there. And by definition of a 0-0 result the opportunity WAS there.

I guess that is why I am none too happy with the  negative subs. Should have gone for it as a point is not enough (in my opinion). If we stay up by a point I'll be happy to be wrong! This opinion is from an uniformed point of view of course. i was not at the game.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 20:16:34 »

leefer.
if you think hart is sending the team out to draw games,then you are even more nuts that i originally thought.
Wink

Think you missed the point on that one arriba.....one shot on target suggests he was happy with a draw...fair enough a draw was a good result.
Fact is though he brought two attacking players off and replacing them with two defenders leaving a striker...Benjon on the bench.
So i would suggest that means Hart was happy with the draw....not going for the win.....so as i said he wasn't looking to the win the match.
How is me saying we were happy for the draw and not going for the win make me nuts?....it is blatantly obvious we were not set up to go for a win....the starting line up and his subs show this?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 20:28:24 »

Some good news Leefer, result against the side in sixth place. Still in the bottom two, but with games in hand over the two above

Brading Town    1    -    2    Brockenhurst

19    New Milton Town    37    9    6    22    50    90    -40    33    
20    Fawley    35    9    2    24    39    97    -58    29    
21    Brockenhurst    31    7    5    19    47    76    -29    26    
22    Hayling United    33    6    4    23    60    106    -46    22    

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 20:36:22 »

Not read back through the thread yet but good point in the context of the season, not enough in the context of the survival battle.

Not saying I expected even a point. Can't fault the players getting a fantastic clean sheet. Its just that we need to nick improbable, impossible wins when the opportunity is there. And by definition of a 0-0 result the opportunity WAS there.

I guess that is why I am none too happy with the  negative subs. Should have gone for it as a point is not enough (in my opinion). If we stay up by a point I'll be happy to be wrong! This opinion is from an uniformed point of view of course. i was not at the game.

If it was mid December and we had 20+ games left it would be a good point and a perform with alot of positives to take from it.

Its mid March and singular points arent enough. If we'd lost 6-0 today but beaten Daggers we'd be better off.

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 20:49:01 »

Think you missed the point on that one arriba.....one shot on target suggests he was happy with a draw...fair enough a draw was a good result.
Fact is though he brought two attacking players off and replacing them with two defenders leaving a striker...Benjon on the bench.
So i would suggest that means Hart was happy with the draw....not going for the win.....so as i said he wasn't looking to the win the match.
How is me saying we were happy for the draw and not going for the win make me nuts?....it is blatantly obvious we were not set up to go for a win....the starting line up and his subs show this?

what point have i missed?
you've now gone into more detail why you think hart wasn't looking to win,so my point still stands.
i meant nuts in the nicest of terms by the way.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 22:25:49 »

Just got back. Much improved today.

Defensivley, very solid, Scotty and Frampton were immense, sheenhan and Caddis also had good games. For the first time in a while looked very solid defensivley, which was a pleasant surprise. We came under sustained pressure at times and withstood it well, although how the fuck they didnt score at the end I have no idea (one looked like it crossed the line.

Midfield weren't involved in the game enough for me howevever still did a good job to conatin some of their better players.

Andrews was brilliant up top, held the ball up brilliantly and kept running for lost causes, really impressed with him, the sort of commitment we have been missing all year. Ritchie and Grella both had their moments and showed nice touches but we need to get them on the ball more.

Was really impressed with Huddersfield's stadium, a great place to watch football and their support was decent too. Ward got a good reception from the town fans and luckily they failed to get him in the game at all, wish him all the best.

Also, Gary Roberts is an utter cunt. He should be ashamed of himself today. At least twice he flung himself today the floor after at best, minimal contact. The ref spotted one of them and booked but he really was a pathetic twat.

It was a fantastic point, but our season I fear was lost after the 3 games before today. However, I am confident we can have a more positive end to the season after the performance but I think it will be too late.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 23:03:16 »

Enjoyed today! Knowing a hudds fan who lived in swindon for many years i managed to get a drink in The Vulcan. £2 a pint ....only had one but nice anyway!
Nice ground with good views throughout.
Game: we battled today and it was a joy to watch.
With the exception of prutton (who suddenly returned to his usual shite) all the players put in a decent shift.
Timlin and sheehan would get the lowest marks BUT they did get involved and threw themselves into tackles.
Grella, ritchie and andrew were awesome.
A bit puzzled by the subs Hart made but at least he can see what is glaringly wrong ie doss dropped.
Prutton MUST be dropped for the big lad from palace next week...woeful.
Overall we held the bastards out and rode our luck and got a point , just a shame its too little too late! Other results meant it felt a bit like a loss.
Roll on the gayers....good luck, i have been spared a trip to that shit heap of a ground with wanker stewards....im in Dublin.

Clems Army!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 23:31:34 »

We all agree that a draw at Hudds is a good result............my gripe is the negative tactics in the last THREE matches go in the face of the wind in a relegation dog fight....GO FOR IT FOR FUCKS SAKE...........we have nothing to lose....lets try and win a game instead of trying to draw one.

I think we all realise that we're not going to get to safety by winning games 3-2, 4-3, 5-4 etc. We haven't got enough goalscorers for that to happen. What we can do though is keep it tight and win a few 1-0's. That's the way forward.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 10:04:32 »

I predicted a draw....which I would not have done if DW was still in charge. Hart is never going to be the manager us fans want in charge but it does show what might be done with a couple of decent loans signing and a different approach.....there is a running theme here that it is too little too late and the other results going against us only compounds this feeling....perhaps if we hadn`t got to the play offs last year DW would not have been given so much time this season....the margin for success and failure at our level is based on how well loan / signed players fit in....last season it worked well this season not so...

Yesterday I saw Bath v Grimsby and an old friend came on in the second half - Lee Peacock - about 3 stone heavier than the last time I saw him. Good game with Bath wining....

Bathtime
Highland Robin

« Reply #324 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 10:24:05 »

I think we all realise that we're not going to get to safety by winning games 3-2, 4-3, 5-4 etc. We haven't got enough goalscorers for that to happen. What we can do though is keep it tight and win a few 1-0's. That's the way forward.

To my mind that's the point.  All season we have been shipping goals, and even when we have scored some (like at Peterboro) we still lost, and that must be really disheartening for the team as well as us lot. Hart has in four games achieved a miracle with the defence, and I am sure that has been his strategy - especially for yesterday and doubtless for Brighton too.  If PH manages then to get another proven striker in before next Thursday, that sets us up for a final fling in the last eight.  I'm happy with that as a strategy for survival.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 12:07:21 »

I understand you view...but i don't agree that is the way forward in the situation we are in.
All good managers start at the back,lets keep it tight and nick a goal...especially away from home.
The difference is that when Hart took the helm his job was to try and keep us up....the two home matches were really disapointing in my view.....with all attacking intent quashed near the end and trying to hang on especially v Daggers....we all felt Daggers would score,for me being a bit more positive against Daggers would have seen us win it.
For me the job he is doing is what we should be striving for next season....this season we need wins and if that means the tactics goes out of the window for a while so be it......lets not be fooled by yesterday.....all though we had heart and a lot of the ball the fact is on another day we could have lost 5-1........nice to see the heart but come on surely lets be more positive especially at home.
Got a feeling we could nick a point at Brighton...but those two points are wasted if we dont bust a gut in the remaining home matches.
Benjon got ten mins v Daggers....nothing yesterday,i thaught he was brought in to score the goals to keep us up.......maybe its time he should be given the chance.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 12:17:43 »

I'm past worrying about going down, we've been doomed for a while now, and yesterday, more or less confirmed it, but my worry is that Hart may do enough to get the job for next season.

He's in place, a few battling performances and the odd clean sheet, may convince the Board he merits a go next season, which would be another mistake.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 12:30:32 »

I get what you are saying Reg,many feel the same.......but wouldn't three straight wins give us a sniff of staying up?
Surely we must give it a go now....i just feel so far under Hart that we havn't. given it full thrust with regard to grabbing all three points...........i accept it was carnage when he took over and yesterday sounds like we showed some much missing heart......lets hope it was the first stepping stone to a great escape.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 12:49:11 »

I get what you are saying Reg,many feel the same.......but wouldn't three straight wins give us a sniff of staying up?
Surely we must give it a go now....i just feel so far under Hart that we havn't. given it full thrust with regard to grabbing all three points...........i accept it was carnage when he took over and yesterday sounds like we showed some much missing heart......lets hope it was the first stepping stone to a great escape.

Three more wins at any time this season would see us having a chance of survival, but we're just not good enough for this league.

This winless run is unprecedented for Div 3, and fast approaching 99/00 stats wise.

Just to highlight how poor we have become, the 99/00 relegation season, was in Div2 a higher standard, we were in admin, and any player who could command a fee, however small was sold. Jimmy Quinn even had to play at 40....shame the bugger had to hit the post with a header v Saddlers, as I wondered if he'd have been our oldest goalscorer.  Consequently it was clear a long way out we were doomed.   That season it was pretty much inevitable....which is why this season is so much worse, because it needn't have happened.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 13:26:27 »

Daggers have got to play Brighton twice yet.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: