Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 381286 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1995 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 17:45:28 »

Absolutely expected from this shambles of a regime that they've decided to so overtly spin this bid and think we will gobble it up. Sad that they've made Flynn do it but then they've made Rob Angus lie for them and are prepared to bring an unwitting Don Rogers in as a face of their monthly bullshit so we shouldn't be surprised at this stage. It's the Power Playbook 101.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1996 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:03:26 »

Ok, playing devil's advocate it's not clear if the club knew the value of previous bids, and paying installments isn't unusual (maybe 3 years is).

the post of worded like it was doomed to fail mind
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:10:27 »

It may depend on what deal was agreed with Peterborough with Wakeling. If they paid the full amount up front no excuses if payment is over 3 years then they may come out of it with a little credibility but yet again we need transparency to clarify what is really going on behind the scenes.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:21:41 »

these things happen. far too much. I don't really need transparency on this one. Crap offer (to Hartlepool) rejected. that's all

I'm more concerned that we were looking at him in the first place, and got absolutely nobody in anyway
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1999 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:22:52 »

It may depend on what deal was agreed with Peterborough with Wakeling. If they paid the full amount up front no excuses if payment is over 3 years then they may come out of it with a little credibility but yet again we need transparency to clarify what is really going on behind the scenes.
How many Clubs provide that amount of transparency though? None would be my guess. How do we know what that Hartlepool bloke is saying is right. Why do we choose to believe that what he is saying is 100% kosher...We're all just pissing the wind...we've no clue what's going on...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2000 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:23:48 »

I'm also concerned that we leave it until the evening of the last day of the transfer window which has been opened for a couple of months.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2001 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:26:17 »

How many Clubs provide that amount of transparency though? None would be my guess. How do we know what that Hartlepool bloke is saying is right. Why do we choose to believe that what he is saying is 100% kosher...We're all just pissing the wind...we've no clue what's going on...

I have no idea what is fact or fiction as fans all we can go on is what gets passed around on social media and other news outlets but It seems clear is we bid for a player which wasn't accepted which Flynn confirmed.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2002 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:38:39 »

I’d suggest if our offers for players are minimal & over a 3 year period - then that’s also the type of offers we’re selling players for…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2003 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:41:17 »

That's how I see it hence we probably wouldn't have any money to buy outright.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2004 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:43:48 »

I imagine transfers are alot more like credit notes than actual money these days.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #2005 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:53:39 »

I'm also concerned that we leave it until the evening of the last day of the transfer window which has been opened for a couple of months.

Wakeling was first aware of the interest while on the coach. We then acted to replace that.
That’s why we were bidding for a forward.
This suggests to me we were not looking for a forward player.

Well bring on the next Egbo, Brewitt, George Mc
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2006 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:01:26 »

Wakeling was first aware of the interest while on the coach. We then acted to replace that.
That’s why we were bidding for a forward.
This suggests to me we were not looking for a forward player.

Well bring on the next Egbo, Brewitt, George Mc

We could have said no😀

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2007 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:08:23 »

Which for me why the actual details are *really* important.

Was it genuinely a deal too good to turn down? Most of it up front? A decent sell on % from a club who have a track record of doing good business on strikers.

…or was it just a chance, throw away, ok bid that we just accepted because it was a bit of money upfront but a lot of instalments. Was it a panic buy from Posh at the last minute?

I get that we will never, e-e-e-ever get that information but it’s vital.

I know I’m on repeat but a club who sells their best assets for the best prices is a million miles away from a club that cashes in on any asset the second a bid is made.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2008 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:11:47 »

I couldn't agree more...spot on Clap

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2009 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:47:45 »

Posh signed another striker after Wakeling ‘n all.

Calling it now. Wakeling will come back on loan in January to replace Young.
Jake for Jake.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: