Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Two Pound Xmas Gift.  (Read 1196 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 16, 2011, 11:41:04 »

My cousin's daughter gave birth to a baby girl on the 18th of November....decided to be here for Xmas so was born C section at just 32 weeks Eek
Weighing only 2lb baby Mia is expected to keep the nurses busy in Brighton hospital untill mid January.....mother is doing well though it has been an incredibly stressfull time for them of course.
Mia is doing well....what a great job they do these days for small babies born so early Cheesy

Gethimout

« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 16, 2011, 12:00:13 »

I was expecting something to buy that was cheap and cheerful!

Congrats though....!

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 16, 2011, 12:55:16 »

Wow, thats incredible just two lbs? Amazing how now they can keep these babies alive, congrats.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 16, 2011, 12:57:54 »

Thats what my missus does. She's helped babies survive when they are born at 26 weeks!

She thinks abortion times should be changed.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 16, 2011, 13:02:20 »

Thats what my missus does. She's helped babies survive when they are born at 26 weeks!

She thinks abortion times should be changed.

Well she has a good job....seems the youngest to survive is 1lb 1 oz born in 1999 Eek
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 16, 2011, 13:06:09 »

Yeah you would think that the NHS would look after them though?! Not a chance.

Worst story was that a couple had a child up at SCBU and hardly visited. When they did they used to thieve equipment. The police raided their house and found 3 weighing scales which were used to weigh kids, but they were using them for drugs.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 16, 2011, 22:50:57 »

I'm glad everything is okay.  Both my sons were born prematurely, my first was born at 30 weeks.  He was a good weight for that early though, 3lbs 11oz at birth, but dropped to 3lb 1oz.  He was in SCBU for 4 weeks, they do a superb job.  Definitely a very draining and emotional experience.  Totally agree with Sippo's wife opinion on abortion.  A little boy was in SCBU at the same time who'd been born at 25 weeks weighing 1lb 5oz.  He was in hospital for 4 months, but is now a perfectly healthy 8 year old with no learning or physical problems.  I kept in touch with his mum. 
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 16, 2011, 23:13:45 »

I always give generously to charities collecting for baby care units wherever they be. Our youngest was in intensive care for a few days and like you say the special nursing they receive is first class.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: