Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Singing' section  (Read 37432 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:47:18 »

couldnt give a shit...its all good publicity, what would you rather see at wembley, 12000 swine fans or 32000? As long as the regulars are lumped together, its fine by me..

Don’t get me wrong I would rather we had the support, but it just frustrates me that it takes a game like Wembley to make them come out the woodwork
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:48:09 »

fact of life, always has been, always will be...dont fight it, embrace it.
farmer61

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:56:37 »

One thing that could work in favour of the singing section would be if ST holders get priority - that way they get to choose the best seats for them and their mates. Then all the tag-along day-trippers have to take what's left.

Chesterfield have done this, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us follow suit.

See a flaw here, how many ST holders are non singers in the Arkells who would take like minded mates. You'd be better off saying anyone who would normally go in the TE or possibly DRS or travel away go in any singing section?

I don't pocess a ST anymore but prob do as much if not more singing than alot of ST holders.

Anyhow ST holders will get priority I'd have thought.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:58:12 »

Don’t get me wrong I would rather we had the support, but it just frustrates me that it takes a game like Wembley to make them come out the woodwork

Jimmy took the words out of my mouth.  It's a fact of life.  We shouldn't criticise people for showing an interest in STFC just because they don't live & breath it (yet).  So what if they want to pick & choose games?  It's a free world.  I just don't understand why some fans find this so offensive.  Each to their own.

There are going to be plenty of fans there next month watching us for the first time, some of which will then go on to see a few games in the run in...and a few who will go on, one day, to be season ticket holders.  The cold shoulder gets us nowhere.  We should be rolling out the red carpet.
SwindonTownFans

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:58:25 »

Put this up on my Facebook page, layout, categories and prices. 'Singing' in sections 132-136 and costs £36

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=378240552189645&set=a.329833053697062.93109.154012821279087&type=1

Join the STFC Fans' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theswindontown

Visit our Blog: www.stfcfans.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow us on Twitter: @SwindonTownFans, @RW_Sharpe, @olliehowitt
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:00:51 »

Anyone know how they split the gate receipts for games like this? 25% to each club with the rest going to Wembley/Football League?

In 2008 when MKD beat Grimsby in the final there was 56,618 there (probably similar to our gate) and both teams took home £350k in JUST gate reciepts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:03:38 »

loving the comments section in there, made me laugh our loud...go Liam!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:05:00 »

http://www.football-league.co.uk/johnstonespainttrophy/news/20080901/destination-wembley-stadium_2293332_1381340

Probably worth at least half a million to the club in all.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:06:37 »

Im all for people who want to become Town fans and try and encourage people to Swindon games, I also don’t mind people who pick and choose games, I want nothing more than to see the County Ground full every week.

The only people that annoy me are people who don’t care and will never care about STFC. Yes it’s a fact of life and I fully appreciate that you get it with any team, But I just don’t like to see people who slag off STFC constantly yet will go to Wembley and pretend that they have always been fans.

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:07:34 »

I don't think the sinign section is a bad idea at all. I think that songs generating there will spread to the other areas no problem. The trouble last time was the sheer size of the stadium with small pockets of people trying to get things going. Once the noise starts it will spread no problem.
SwindonTownFans

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:09:41 »

Im all for people who want to become Town fans and try and encourage people to Swindon games, I also don’t mind people who pick and choose games, I want nothing more than to see the County Ground full every week.

The only people that annoy me are people who don’t care and will never care about STFC. Yes it’s a fact of life and I fully appreciate that you get it with any team, But I just don’t like to see people who slag off STFC constantly yet will go to Wembley and pretend that they have always been fans.

Agree. Nothing better than a packed CG.

Annoys me a little as most of my friends (plastic fans)  slate Swindon all season blah blah blah but already planning their day out to Wembley. They are the people we DON'T NEED

Join the STFC Fans' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theswindontown

Visit our Blog: www.stfcfans.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow us on Twitter: @SwindonTownFans, @RW_Sharpe, @olliehowitt
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:12:23 »

Yes we don't need the plastics as such but the more Swindon fans at Wembley the better IMO more money for us as well even if they don't sing, don't really care as long as they dont deprive the true Swindon fans of tickets, I don't have a massive problem with it, its all money in the coffers and possible extra backing for the team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:18:32 »

Tickets should be allocated only after swearing on the holy bible you love Swindon Town  Wink
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:43:48 »

The singing area is a good idea...but there does need to be some live & let live on both sides.  At Wembley last time, there were plenty of stories like the one above (with less regular supporters getting irritated with more vocal fans standing, singing etc.)  But it cuts both ways.  I also saw a fair few having a go at families etc for not getting up on their feet and joining in with the singing...which, if anything, made me cringe even more.

Important point for me this time, though, is that the 'day trippers'/'part timers'/'glory hunters' (delete as appropriate) are not made to feel unwelcome - as many were last time - by some of our more regular fans.  Every 'part timer' who turns up at Wembley next month is a potential regular fan.  If we are going to grow as a club, we need to welcome this lot in...not put them off.  There was a lot of unnecessary snobbery from some of the more regular fanbase after our last visit.

Either we want to grow the fan base, or we don't.  Stay as a lower league club with 4,000 to 5,000 season ticket holders, or double that number?  You can't have both.  You have to make the less regular fans feel welcome at games like these, or accept that we're going to remain a small club in perpetuity.  I know which I'd choose.

Couldn't have put it better myself Ardiles.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:46:05 »

Annoys me a little as most of my friends (plastic fans)  slate Swindon all season blah blah blah but already planning their day out to Wembley. They are the people we DON'T NEED

Yes we do, numbskull.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: