Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Oldham Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 39068 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 17:46:44 »

Most of today's attendances 😀
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021000312

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #466 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:03:16 »

Did anyone else in the arkells see Sheridan give the middle finger as he walked down tunnel at the end?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:05:30 »

Did anyone else in the arkells see Sheridan give the middle finger as he walked down tunnel at the end?

Quagmire mentioned it above. Sums him up. POS.  Smug Fuck Off

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:07:48 »

Quagmire mentioned it above. Sums him up. POS.  Smug Fuck Off

Bit harsh. Quagmire's alright.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:08:48 »

280 - over 11k Town fans. Not all paying of course.

Looked more than 280 from the DR.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:10:37 »

Bit harsh. Quagmire's alright.

Cheesy
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:14:15 »

Just got back. First 10 minutes we were shocking; after that we settled and didn't play too badly I thought. Just lacking inspiration up front, missed McKirdy so much. Odimayo had a good game; but Payne was easily MoM for me; all attacking intent went through him. Iandolo looked a bit lost in midfield at times; but will forgive him for the superb delivery of the FK at the end. JML played well; although in common with others made the wrong call when in good positions at times. Egbo looks useful.
Oldham were the very definition of Dirty Northern Bastards. Comes from their boss I expect. Thought their striker Bahamboula played well, good hold up play and skill; often needed 2 CBs to deal with him.
96th minute winner GET. THE. FUCK. IN. Almost orgasmic.
Oh, and Sheridan: FUCK OFF YOU WANKER.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:25:10 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19989155.john-sheridan-not-bothered-swindon-town-fans-1-0-oldham-athletic-loss/

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #473 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:28:48 »

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:29:17 »

Well, overall the right result. Could have and should have won more comfortably, however, when you’re a bottom feeder fighting for your existence it was hardly surprising they played the way they did. Dylan Bahamboula was a tricky sod who it seemed had contact adhesive on his boots. Pleased to see the ref clamp down on the tackles eventually as we’ve been battered by a number of clubs here this season not interested in playing association football and having little protection in the process. Everyone IMHO played well though as the score line suggests with little end product and BG did single out their keeper but again IMHO much of what we threw at him was straight at him.

As for their fans, singing about a fire drill that was fucking premature wasn’t it?, wankers, like the Arsenal in 69, they thought they’d won a point (instead of a cup) just goes to show you shouldn’t count your chickens. I believe they have a new manager who seems to be on a bit of a roll. Well sucking lemons may taste a bit sweeter than returning to the scene of your heinous crime against football.

Sutton Utd now in the crosshairs as said a real 6 pointer.

Just a considered thought we were having as we waited our turn to leave the DR. Whilst we do have a thin in numbers squad. We DO have a good squad and when all are fit and free of suspensions we can beat anyone in this league. Lo and behold in a few weeks we should be back to full fitness and numbers, just in time for the run in and play offs.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:31:27 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:32:59 »

On the 'Fire Drill' chant soapy tit wank. Although... why DO people leave before the end; in a 0-0 where we are pushing for a goal? Always baffled me. If you're that fucking desperate to get home, just stay there at 3pm.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:38:25 »

On the 'Fire Drill' chant soapy tit wank. Although... why DO people leave before the end; in a 0-0 where we are pushing for a goal? Always baffled me. If you're that fucking desperate to get home, just stay there at 3pm.

I understand your sentiment though the three duffers on the radio before the game one of the was moaning about the those who left early before Payne’s thunder bolt on Tuesday. Well he can fuck off as we were two of them. In our defence we were parked 15-20 minutes from the ground and I had an early start the following day, my money, my choice, if we’d been three up it would have been worth staying to the end. In a game like today home or away I wouldn’t have left early either. What a fucking result.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:41:08 »

Div 3 with three attendance figures over 25k. Shows that there are genuine "sleeping giants" who will make it increasingly difficult for most to make it out for one season in div 2.

Nothing to see here
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:43:47 »

In our defence we were parked 15-20 minutes from the ground and I had an early start the following day, my money, my choice, if we’d been three up it would have been worth staying to the end. In a game like today home or away I wouldn’t have left early either. What a fucking result.
[/quote]
3-0 down, away from home, on a weekday evening. Fair enough.
0-0, home, on a Saturday. WTF.
Anyway, still buzzing from that :-) COYRs Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 18:44:15 »

Div 3 with three attendance figures over 25k. Shows that there are genuine "sleeping giants" who will make it increasingly difficult for most to make it out for one season in div 2.

I agree there's some big teams there that should be in the championship minimum and fair play to Rotherham and Wigan for competing with them on the pitch.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: