Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Oldham Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 39097 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 08:32:13 »

What’s the chance of some beer-fuelled fan trying to get at him in the dugout?

Maybe If you were attending😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 08:33:34 »

What’s the chance of some beer-fuelled fan trying to get at him in the dugout?

If he's going, then whoever is with 4D will need to keep him in check.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 08:45:43 »

May as well go with this as the match day thread I guess.

So, John Sheridan the return.
Fondly remembered as the tactical genius who oversaw the glorious victory at Minchery Farm or some kind of footballing Dementor who sucked the joy out of all Town fans.
Not really much of a debate is it.

Nothing against Oldham or their fans, but the result & performance from the Walsall game would have been perfect today, but that won't happen.
Our circumstances have changed so it's all about just getting the win today, doesn't matter how.

As for Sheridan. Expelliarmus!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 08:49:33 »

If he's going, then whoever is with 4D will need to keep him in check.

Is 4D a Yob😀

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:00:45 »

Also the return of Tommy 'is that a brown envelope in your pocket' Wright. Odious twat

I come from a land down-under
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:05:23 »

I really hope we win, and comfortably, but have a feeling it’s going to be a frustrating day.

Have a horrible feeling they will score (probably from a set piece) and then spend the rest of the game sat in defending hoping to catch us on the break.

If we score, think it will be a penalty.

Heart says 3-0,
Head says 0-1.

PS boo the dinosaur for me as I’m at a wedding just outside Chippenham (near Cambridge)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:09:36 »

On the one hand I'm a bit gutted about missing this (covid) because I think our fanbase will be noisy from the off for a change and give Sheridan pelters.

But on the other hand I fully expect us to lose and for him to fucking lord it over us as well. So swings and roundabouts.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:17:17 »

With what seems to be available, I'd go...
               Jojo
Odi   conroy  obrien  hunt
   Aguiar   Reed  iandolo
Williams  Davison  Payne

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:17:25 »

I fear this game too.

Like the ghost of Swindons past.

Hallam Hope to score, Topi Odibeyi to set him up and Chistopher Missilou to play his one good game for them, Sheridan set to "smug mode" in post match interviews and Tommy Wright bribing the ref pre game.

All this in front of 12,000+ (mostly) Town fans.

If Sheridan even turns up for the post-match interview, that'll be more than he ever did for us.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:23:31 »

I hated the bloke during his time with STFC for the way he treated the younger players etc but we will never know if his personal problems and the stress involved were behind his behaviour.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:31:55 »

I hated the bloke during his time with STFC for the way he treated the younger players etc but we will never know if his personal problems and the stress involved were behind his behaviour.

For me no excuse. People have shit going on in their life but never an excuse to abuse people / treat people the way Sheridan did. I empathise to a degree as it was already a shit year and to lose both parents is incredibly tough, but my empathy decreases significantly having heard some of his behaviour at the club.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:34:46 »

For me no excuse. People have shit going on in their life but never an excuse to abuse people / treat people the way Sheridan did. I empathise to a degree as it was already a shit year and to lose both parents is incredibly tough, but my empathy decreases significantly having heard some of his behaviour at the club.

I can't disagree with you and if things were too much for him he should have stood down or took time out.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:36:07 »

With what seems to be available, I'd go...
               Jojo
Odi   conroy  obrien  hunt
   Aguiar   Reed  iandolo
Williams  Davison  Payne
I’d swap Aguiar for Payne, get Parsons up top with Davison. And, as you say, the rest pick themselves.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:38:16 »

I can't disagree with you and if things were too much for him he should have stood down or took time out.

Yep seek some help and don't behave to make others feel as shit as you do..
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 09:41:32 »

having heard some of his behaviour at the club.

This is probably why I don’t dislike him as much as most, because I never got to hear most of this stuff.

From the outside, inherited a pretty poor squad, with no money available for proper medical or training equipment and lost both his parents in a short period.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: