Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PAOLO DI CANIO TO RETURN PETITION!  (Read 61352 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 19:14:29 »

We know from official FL stats that the club paid over £450K in agent fees last season - unheard of for a Div 2 club ? 

Well if we paid fees at a similar rate this season, that's an extra £300k, and a total of £750k. That's more than we got for Ritchie.

It'll be interesting when the accounts are published for last year.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 19:18:34 »

Between Paolo and Phil Spencer we're looking at more or less a million quid. Doesn't matter how good he was as a manager - that's madness to be throwing that amount of money away.

Especially at a L1/2 side.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 19:28:20 »

The time will come. I've been reading these forums for years and every time something like this.. People make their minds up without hearing all the facts.

If you read these forums you knew that I wanted him to come back, but am totally pissed off with him for what he did.

You'll also know that I wondered if there wasn't a bit of a campaign to discredit him, or at least not much effort made to keep him.

But your above statement, how can I blindly sign a petition to bring him back. Surely I'd need the facts first...
International Robin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 19:43:16 »

If you read these forums you knew that I wanted him to come back, but am totally pissed off with him for what he did.

You'll also know that I wondered if there wasn't a bit of a campaign to discredit him, or at least not much effort made to keep him.

But your above statement, how can I blindly sign a petition to bring him back. Surely I'd need the facts first...

Honestly Batch, I too am annoyed that Di Canio walked out after banging on about loyalty so much for him to then walk out himself yes ok.. It appears to be double standards. On reflection, why would Di Canio invest so much of his time and effort to get us to where we are and simply walk out over something trivial.. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Regardless, we have a new board in charge and the rules will have changed. The new chairman has refused to rule out Di Canio returning but I just feel from everything I've read and heard from the people involved.. We are missing the last piece of the puzzle for it all to make sense. Of course, we are not going to know all the little nitty gritty details but for those to listen to Black on his own and take it for gospel are naive. The past is the past but Di Canio is the one to push us to the next level. He is the only man to do it. Anyone who wants Tisdale needs shooting or an injection of passion.

FOR YEARS! I have read fans demanding the manager be passionate, bold enough to throw a player out the club for not following the ethos.. Make the players train at 5am when they don't perform.. Drag players off when they ain't performing on the pitch.. WE ALL wanted a Manager with a set of balls and knew how to use them. We got that. We got Di Canio and EVERYONE still says it great memories yet 5 pages of negativity because of money he was given to spend was spent, he left because he felt like he had no other choice..

But surely, the fact the players have turned around and said we are so well drilled we know what to do. We know how to train, we know how we want to play.. We don't want a new manager to come in and change our mindset.. SURELY that is not the biggest hint of it all that even the players have backed the way Di Canio does things is the right way.......

Come on Guys!
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 19:45:59 »

PDC in 2011:

"People who talk that way don't know me. I am calm, as I said, and more mature and I am really happy. The board, the players and the fans are fantastic. They all have enthusiasm, commitment and a real bond with the town. I say again, we're like a family. Our ambition may take years to achieve, but I honestly believe that this club is capable, eventually, of promotion to the Premier League."

Where is that man now?
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 19:56:50 »

I really can't see how anyone could want him back now to be honest
DMR

« Reply #66 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:03:18 »

what I can't wrap my head around is why so many people are dead against Di Canio returning.. 

Cos he's a bit of a cunt
International Robin

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:05:46 »

PDC in 2011:

"People who talk that way don't know me. I am calm, as I said, and more mature and I am really happy. The board, the players and the fans are fantastic. They all have enthusiasm, commitment and a real bond with the town. I say again, we're like a family. Our ambition may take years to achieve, but I honestly believe that this club is capable, eventually, of promotion to the Premier League."

Where is that man now?

Where is the board that gave Di Canio the job and made the promises of being backed..? Biggest difference is Di Canio delivered, the last board didn't achieve what they set out to do in any sense.. If anything, we went backwards before we went forward again!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:07:12 »

Most know how i feel....i would love him back.
Many only look at his mad moments and cringe.....i look at the bigger picture which for me is automatic  promotion,probably champions with him at the helm......playoffs at best with out him i feel.
Some players can't get on with him but this happens to all of the best managers.

He wont be coming back though....and that makes me sad because he wanted us in the Championship and he wouldv'e got us there and soon.

Just my opinion.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:09:08 »

Where is the board that gave Di Canio the job and made the promises of being backed..? Biggest difference is Di Canio delivered, the last board didn't achieve what they set out to do in any sense.. If anything, we went backwards before we went forward again!

They did back him you bellend. Probably too much.

Are you Paolo Di Canio?
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:11:54 »

The fans loved Paolo, they sang his name and backed his bizarre outbursts. He talked alot about loyalty and showed none when the fans needed it most.

All this talk of it being fair cop because of off field issues is bollocks, ok so he had some difficulties and frustrations, he was still getting paid handsomely with a team at the top of the league and new board iminent, welcome to football management Paolo it's not always a breeze.

So just when the fans needed to see some grit and loyality what did he do? Walked away showing no loyalty.

I thought he had bigger bollocks.

I don't think fans have turned on him or doubt how good he was for us, or even how much they enjoyed his tenure. I just think they are let down by the way he left.

He walked... STFC moves on.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:12:45 »

Most know how i feel....i would love him back.
Many only look at his mad moments and cringe.....i look at the bigger picture which for me is automatic  promotion,probably champions with him at the helm......playoffs at best with out him i feel.
Some players can't get on with him but this happens to all of the best managers.

He wont be coming back though....and that makes me sad because he wanted us in the Championship and he wouldv'e got us there and soon.

Just my opinion.

I don't know anybody who is failing to recall the good things Di Canio has done at Swindon.

The bigger picture is that he's gone... and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:16:51 »

I don't know anybody who is failing to recall the good things Di Canio has done at Swindon.

The bigger picture is that he's gone... and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Sorry i was just replying to the thread title......call me old fashioned.

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:18:25 »

Think there is more to it than him bottling it and walking out in a hissy fit. Not signing a petition though I'm afraid.
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:21:38 »

Think there is more to it than him bottling it and walking out in a hissy fit. Not signing a petition though I'm afraid.

Agreed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: