Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your best ever job then??  (Read 4985 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 01:14:52 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "axs"
i still think she's ugly.

well you are ginger

nuff said ?

people in glass houses and all that ?

love you !

i'm sure she thinks i'm ugly too!  Cheesy
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 08:26:26 »

Best job I had was my old job, apart from a few sexual harrassment episodes.  I used to get on really well with everyone, used to be able to get away with going on the forum all day long.  It wasn't really going to work it was like going to play school.  Now I have to work and I hate people I work with  Crying
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 08:55:53 »

Best job ever was about 15 years ago when i was a sparky, we had a 6 month contract rewiring officers houses in a local army camp...i couldnt believe some of the offers that i had from the wives :shock:  mind you i didnt turn many down either Wink

Sad to say, i must be on my way
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 09:05:46 »

Quote from: "Fogster"
Best job ever was about 15 years ago when i was a sparky, we had a 6 month contract rewiring officers houses in a local army camp...i couldnt believe some of the offers that i had from the wives :shock:  mind you i didnt turn many down either Wink

Foggy I'm disgusted at you  Wink
McLovin

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 09:38:43 »

Seriously, my favourite job was trolley collecting at Sainsbury's. Fresh air, only 15 hours a week while i was at college... life was easy then!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 09:46:29 »

My favourite job was also part-time at Sainsburys whilst I was at college, mainly for the pure abundance of 16/17 year old fitties that also worked there Tongue
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 09:58:19 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
Quote from: "Fogster"

Foggy I'm disgusted at you  Wink

Just providing a service Birdy Cheesy

Sad to say, i must be on my way
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 10:03:08 »

Swindon Town programme editor. True, it involved taking abuse from Andy King and not getting paid on time, but it was awesome going to the training ground, getting to know some of the players and playing head tennis with them in the old gym underneath the north stand. Great days.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 10:10:22 »

why did you leave juddie?
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 10:13:35 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
why did you leave juddie?

he probably wanted to get paid each month  Cheesy
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 10:22:32 »

A number of reasons really. It was the most fun I've ever had at work. True, the pay wasn;t great and when busy the hours were very long, but to get the opportunity to chat to new players while dropping them off at the hotel, play head tennis with kingy and stuff, it was awesome at times. If you'd told me I'd be mates with some of the players (not current ones) when I was growing upo I would have laughed you out of town.

But...

Like everyone else, you have to look after no. 1, and the main reason was financial security. I had moved in to a house (that we couldn;t really afford anyway) with mates and couldn't afford not to get paid on time - even though it only happened once or twice, the continual uncertainty wasn't very nice. Then there was also no real room for moving up the ladder, I was prog editor and there was no ladder to climb, unless you become a mike sullivan, or chief exec (I'd love to be chief exec!), plus I knew I was never going to earn mega bucks there (not that I do now, but you know what I mean). Then there was being in league one - it was getting a tad repetitive writing about the likes of Tranmere and Rotherham every season. And the job I moved on to was man united  - interviewing Ruud van nistelrooy and co. appealed to me more than andy gurney- players who genuinely had a story to tell rather than players who thought they did.

Still, as I say, will remember it with fond memories.

But I much prefer going to games now without the involvement of working there - it can be hard being a fan and knowing what's going on behind the scenes. I'm glad to be out of that.
STFC Village

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 10:33:34 »

Working in the kitchens at the WI place in my home village. Sounds a bit shit, but i was working part time with a load of mates and it was always a laugh. The only time i've ever gotten on with a boss as well. I was gutted when i had to leave and get a proper job Sad
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 10:35:26 »

The one i got now, i faarkin love it.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 11:05:02 »

Quote from: "tans"
The one i got now, i faarkin love it.

What being Ralphys cum dump*