Pages: 1 ... 2654 2655 2656 [2657]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5141093 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #39840 on: Today at 14:26:58 »

The ridiculous recruitment process, which feels like it's a little bit broken and inefficient based on my experience over the past couple of months.  I have no doubt that Remote Working is causing the issue (not that I am against remote working, I am looking for remote roles!).  It seems like the Recruitment teams are simply unable to function efficiently when being inundated with hundreds of CV's, while also managing active recruitment processes for jobs moving through interview and selection.

I won't name names, but I interviewed with a company in March, 3 months after applying.  Screening call, Hiring Manager call and then a day of interviews with other VP's.  Five weeks later, nada.  I'd just assume they didn't like me, but the application status remains set to Interview & Selection on the candidate portal (and I know they know how to use the software, because they sell it!).

Generally, it seems like remote working has opened the floodgates - the benefits are that people can work anywhere, so companies can expand the talent pool.  The downside is it is expands the talent pool when you've done nothing to prepare to the Talent Acquisition team to support it.  Even jobs onsite are being snowed under because people apply to chance their arm at Hybrid or remote.

Good job I got a decent package on leaving.

In better news, my "career break" has afforded me more time to focus on the Youth football coaching.  Despite having a pretty ropey team (one player couldn't even kick a ball with his feet, using only shins 80% of the time, and he is 14/15), they managed to win a game recently, and in the past few weeks have managed some close losses against teams that stuffed them 9-0 less than 6 months ago.

It's odd, my work performance is pretty impressive, yet nobody wants me, and my coaching has yielded very little results wise, yet they all want me to stay on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39841 on: Today at 14:53:07 »

The ridiculous recruitment process..

That sucks. Last time I had a rejection a month after I'd withdrawn, plus it was a referral and the guy referring had got onto the MD due to lack of response within 2 months. The rejection turned up the next day.

Some HR departments are not great.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #39842 on: Today at 15:07:39 »

Oh, I also had a request for an interview from a job that sent me a rejection four weeks ago, after placing a role on hold that I had an initial interview for three months ago.  Plus a no show for an interview last week - they re-arranged after seeing my "Hello, is anyone there e-mail", onto the second interview and the Hiring Manager cancels after saying hello on the video call as he has to go collect his daughter.  I mean, life happens, so maybe it's just a chill place to work.

What fun this is!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39843 on: Today at 16:39:13 »

Perhaps you are having no luck as you are using phrases like 'maybe it's just a chill place to work'?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #39844 on: Today at 17:06:59 »

Is that not how the young kids talk these days?  In my younger years we had to research the company financials ahead of an interview, these days it gives you a heart attack when seeing they have never turned a profit, but are in their "hyper growth stage".
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39845 on: Today at 17:17:13 »

Is that not how the young kids talk these days?  In my younger years we had to research the company financials ahead of an interview, these days it gives you a heart attack when seeing they have never turned a profit, but are in their "hyper growth stage".

I've no clue to be fair. All joking aside, good luck on your job hunt, it doesn't sound straight forward so I wish you the best.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 2654 2655 2656 [2657]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: