Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £50m for winning the premiership  (Read 2630 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 09:00:57 »

07/08. Nearly £25m for finishing bottom. Shocking amount of money and I beleive it'll cost teams that get relegated. can clubs afford to lose that sort of money. More clubs will go into financial trouble.

Players will also demand more wages.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
lebowski

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 19:21:55 »

and so the championship play-off final becomes football's most lucrative one-off game.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 19:25:40 »

Well it should mean clubs that go down have a year to survive with the players they have.

/
W56196272
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 19:26:22 »

It's obscene. When is football going to reverse the trend of pandering to armchair 'fans' who've rarely go to games, but their strip in JJB and make sure their kids have the a poster of Drogba on the wall?

When will dedicated fans actually count? I love football but I absolutely hate those that control the game
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 19:28:21 »

And the chances of any smaller club making the Premiership even smaller.

I can see, in the not too distant future, the clubs that get relegated from the premiership going straight back up year after year.

They'll have a 30 million plus advantage on the other clubs chasing promotion.

Just makes me even more disinterested in the premier (Fantasy) league to be honest.

Overpaid players, greedy clubs, ridiculous ticket prices and no regard whatsoever for lower leagues, or grass roots football.

Fuck 'em.

It's All Good..............
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 19:28:47 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
It's obscene. When is football going to reverse the trend of pandering to armchair 'fans' who've rarely go to games, but their strip in JJB and make sure their kids have the a poster of Drogba on the wall?

When will dedicated fans actually count? I love football but I absolutely hate those that control the game

If we were up there we would happily take the cash and you wouldnt give a toss about the clubs in the bottom division.

/
W56196272
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 19:31:07 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

If we were up there we would happily take the cash and you wouldnt give a toss about the clubs in the bottom division.
[/b]

Of course we wouldn't! Cheesy

But we're not. We're stuck at the arse end.  :|

It's All Good..............
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 19:31:58 »

I'd like to think I would, but you're probably right. But I think there must come a point where the governing bodies must put a stop to it. They've got to look after the game as a whole, not simply the top slice. I know this is a Premier League issue, and FL is entirely seperate, but the FA, FIFA and UEFA must have some sort of regulatory role. The free workings of the market don't necessarily make for the best development or enjoyment of the sport - just look at Bosman.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 20:10:59 »

in my eyes, they should cream some money off this obscene amount they're getting now to help the smaller clubs. thats a rediculous sum of money, absolutely fucking rediculous.

millom red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 03:04:43 »

I'd like to think I would, but you're probably right. But I think there must come a point where the governing bodies must put a stop to it. They've got to look after the game as a whole, not simply the top slice. I know this is a Premier League issue, and FL is entirely seperate, but the FA, FIFA and UEFA must have some sort of regulatory role. The free workings of the market don't necessarily make for the best development or enjoyment of the sport - just look at Bosman.

I dont see what bosman's got to do with things moonie.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: