Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £68,120 to follow Swindon...  (Read 7169 times)
Northern Red

« on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:15:19 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5339846.stm

The cost for fans who buy season tickets and club merchandise but do not travel abroad is £1,310 a season, or £68,120 over 52 years, the survey suggests.

For the "armchair" supporter, who typically has a TV sports package and magazine subscription, the figure is £283 a year, or £14,716 over 52 years, it adds.

Given our ticket prices, it's probably higher than this!
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:27:58 »

Christ, I wonder what I will end up spending watching Scotland :shock:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:34:14 »

Shit loads if every time you come back you can't changed the local currency back to GB Pounds!!
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:39:25 »

If the above is true i'm gonna get Sky and choose a Premiership team to love.

Who to support though...

They will have to win regularly and will also have to be good enough to not get laughed at by mates. I will need them to be in European competitions so that i can laugh at any of my mates who haven't qualified for europe.

I can then go down the pub in my new colours and shout my newly learned songs and insist that i am their biggest fan ever. I can further elaborate by explaining that i've supported them forever as "my dad used to take me to the games as a kid".

Losing games has to be rare, especially to local rivals, as i want to support them forever as my new "1st team". The exception to this is when going through prolonged losing periods when i am entitled to change teams, sometimes more than once, to a team "my family have always supported".

:?
mr ian

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:42:46 »

CHELSEA CHELSEA :wanker:
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:48:33 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Shit loads if every time you come back you can't changed the local currency back to GB Pounds!!

Managed to change the Lithuanian Litas back at the post office thankfully. almmost £50 quids worth! :shock:  Still managed to spend a fortune despite it only being a pund a pint Beers

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:53:05 »

Your spend nothing watching scotland as you never qualify for anything!

Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 10:35:16 »

So that figure of £1,310 per season includes everything? beer, food etc???

I very much doubt i'd spend that in a season although I dont go away very often. or at all last season.

I reckon my personal figure would be around £600 - £750 per season. Money well spent (when we're winning!)
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 10:37:51 »

So assuming I spent £700 a season (some will have been more, some less) that means I've spent £8,400  :shock: watching STFC since I stopped going with my dad when I was 15
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 10:53:26 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

Soapy Tit Wank
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 12:04:28 »

Qualifying games? :roll:

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 12:09:28 »

mickey mouse games., mickey mouse tea,. mickey mouse country.  I would like England to import a massive crow bar, hack off the stupid place and let you float away.......... Cheesy

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 12:12:09 »

mickey mouse games., mickey mouse tea,. mickey mouse country.  I would like England to import a massive crow bar, hack off the stupid place and let you float away.......... Cheesy
Wish we could. Youd be fucked without our north sea oil Dancing

Anyway, they arent mickey mouse games. Just because england always get piss easy groups. :roll:

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 12:16:48 »

Fishing.

although toight I will want your lot to beat united

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 12:33:48 »

Fishing.

although toight I will want your lot to beat united

They arent my lot, and im truely stuck on who I want to win that one

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: