Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 72404 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:49:16 »

Emotionally and physically drained.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:52:49 »

Well I'm glad that's all over. Saves another disappointing trip to the soulless Wembley and we would have got torn to pieces in the Championship anyway. This season effectively ended during those couple of weeks when Black left, Ritchie left and we failed to sign the 3 players on loan. We've been short every since.

Over the two legs I thought both sides were poor. The officials were also awful. I didn't think the one today could be worse than Saturday but how wrong was I!? Every time a Brentford player went down he blew up. I can't believe he sent off Byrne for being pushed over?! Donaldson is a diving, cheating piece of crap, and the ref fell for his antics (almost) the whole game. Finally decided to book him for diving with about 10 minutes left. Cheers ref.

One thing that stood out for me over the two legs is how we seem to lack any sort of cutting edge in open play. Williams was so lively in the first half of the season. Spinning defenders, using his pace. Second half he's been abysmal. Did nothing over these two legs.

There aren't too many guys who I'm bothered about staying. Compare this side to the one that lost on the PO final a few years back - Austin, Paynter, Ferry, Douglas, Greer, Ward - there's no comparison. I'd like Fods, Thompson, Flint, Ward, Ferry, Macca and Collins to stay. Be great if Caddis came back too. The rest, who cares?

The close season is going to be extremely interesting.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:52:53 »

We did make £250k from the sale of Morrison...
Not trying to make a point out of anything, I was just responding to arriba's question
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:53:54 »

It's been a hell of a season - for us, obviously, but also for the players too and they have shown great character.  I was one who rated Devera well ahead of Flint but full credit to both and especially Flint for stepping up and overcoming his weaknesses and to Alan McCormack for his leadership
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:55:00 »

Not trying to make a point out of anything, I was just responding to arriba's question

In a roundabout way so was I, as he didn't think anyone made it.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:55:28 »

In a weird way im glad we're not heading in to the championship with so much uncertainty hanging around the club currently, which seems like a weird thing to say i know.

Right now i just want the board to come out and be honest about their ambitions/intentions. Where is the funding coming from? How long is Kmac's contract?

If we have to operate on a small budget then i wish they'd just come out and say that, then let Kmac get on with shaping a team built around youngsters and a few loans. Move on the high earners and start again.

I think most fans just want transpsparency from the board. I hope we get that soon and we can head in to the summer knowing where we stand.
Excellent post, KMac has another two years - which worries me, but I just need to know at what standard Jed and Co. are going to have us playing at next season - in with a chance of the play-offs or a battle against relegation on a shoestring budget.

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:56:30 »

Kurt Hammonds, Jake Hyde, Ben Joyce, Callum Kennedy, Lloyd Macklin, Sam Morris, Sean Morrison, Mark Scott and Jack Winter all in Feb 2008.
Tom Evans in April 2008.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Transfers.asp?Season=2007-2008

Cheers for that. Not along ago but easily forgotten
Dazzza

« Reply #472 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:56:37 »

He may be a bargain bin version of Andy King but Gary Johnson at Yeovil has proven a bit of astuteness at this level can still reap rewards.  Kevin Mac deserves a decent crack at next season and if he can keep the spine of the side together with a bit of wheeling and dealing who knows.

Interesting to see how the winner of ty final fairs in the Championship next season.  Will be a decent indication of how we may have faired.

Have to say though mos importantly, fucking well proud of the players today.  Never felt so flat coming into such a meaningful game but we can hold our heads high today.

Goodnight

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:56:43 »

In a roundabout way so was I, as he didn't think anyone made it.

Well, that was my observation and a result of flawed memory as I'd forgot Morrison was one of the 9. I only brought it up as I seem to remember Fitton being widely praised for investing in youth while Jed seems to be being castigated as he's clearly signed them as first team players. Let's wait and see what happens on the contract renewals front.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:57:05 »

Excellent post, KMac has another two years - which worries me, but I just need to know at what standard Jed and Co. are going to have us playing at next season - in with a chance of the play-offs or a battle against relegation on a shoestring budget.
Yeovil have done alright.
woolster

« Reply #475 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:57:47 »

Well I'm glad that's all over. Saves another disappointing trip to the soulless Wembley and we would have got torn to pieces in the Championship anyway. This season effectively ended during those couple of weeks when Black left, Ritchie left and we failed to sign the 3 players on loan. We've been short every since.

Over the two legs I thought both sides were poor. The officials were also awful. I didn't think the one today could be worse than Saturday but how wrong was I!? Every time a Brentford player went down he blew up. I can't believe he sent off Byrne for being pushed over?! Donaldson is a diving, cheating piece of crap, and the ref fell for his antics (almost) the whole game. Finally decided to book him for diving with about 10 minutes left. Cheers ref.

One thing that stood out for me over the two legs is how we seem to lack any sort of cutting edge in open play. Williams was so lively in the first half of the season. Spinning defenders, using his pace. Second half he's been abysmal. Did nothing over these two legs.

There aren't too many guys who I'm bothered about staying. Compare this side to the one that lost on the PO final a few years back - Austin, Paynter, Ferry, Douglas, Greer, Ward - there's no comparison. I'd like Fods, Thompson, Flint, Ward, Ferry, Macca and Collins to stay. Be great if Caddis came back too. The rest, who cares?

The close season is going to be extremely interesting.
Yet you want more to stay from this season than the 2010 squad Hmmm
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:59:16 »

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet but Clayton Donaldson is a fucking wanker of the highest order.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:00:59 »

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet but Clayton Donaldson is a fucking wanker of the highest order.

I'd echo that sentiment even though that has been mentioned a few times, and I think it deserves mentioning again.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:01:57 »

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet but Clayton Donaldson is a fucking cheating wanker of the highest order.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:02:59 »

Emotionally and physically drained.
Sums up how I feel about the whole season really.

Agree about Donaldson as well Sonic. What. A. Twat.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: