Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 72392 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:19:07 »

Wonder if we can flog Roberts off in the summer. He must be a higher earner and he's pretty average.

Flog? Give him away maybe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:21:24 »

Brentford boss Uwe Rosler:

"Swindon took us to the wire. But the way we played for 120 minutes, just 48 hours after the last match, was magnificent and we deserved to go through.

"My players never felt sorry for themselves and they never stopped.

"After what had happened before, and to concede in the last second again, for them to come back psychologically, I am privileged to have a squad like this in my first job in English football."

Swindon Town manager Kevin MacDonald:

"The character of the team has been fantastic all the way through the season.

"You saw that today, but the sending-off turned the game.

"Miles Storey showed a lot of character to step up there. I am proud of him, but someone had to miss."

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
woolster

« Reply #452 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:29:28 »

Brentford boss Uwe Rosler:

"Swindon took us to the wire. But the way we played for 120 minutes, just 48 hours after the last match, was magnificent and we deserved to go through.

"My players never felt sorry for themselves and they never stopped.

"After what had happened before, and to concede in the last second again, for them to come back psychologically, I am privileged to have a squad like this in my first job in English football."

Swindon Town manager Kevin MacDonald:

"The character of the team has been fantastic all the way through the season.

"You saw that today, but the sending-off turned the game.

"Miles Storey showed a lot of character to step up there. I am proud of him, but someone had to miss."

kMac is spot on about the sending off, we were starting to boss the game, as soon as Byrne got sent off we sat to deep and if not for wes could have conceded 2 goals
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:34:38 »

Back home and sat here reflecting on the game and reading through the comments it has all been said on this thread and it is all I have ever come to expect being a Town supporter, highs, lows and everything in between, just very, very disappointed how it has all ended for this season.

Non too optimistic about next season either as the Division is going to be far tougher than this one was and I think that there will be a big turnover in players which will not help the cause.

Loved to be proved wrong.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:35:51 »

kMac is spot on about the sending off, we were starting to boss the game, as soon as Byrne got sent off we sat to deep and if not for wes could have conceded 2 goals

But it was the most pathetic booking. Neither ref in both matches game us much, but gave Brentford plenty.

BAZINGA !!

woolster

« Reply #455 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:37:46 »

But it was the most pathetic booking. Neither ref in both matches game us much, but gave Brentford plenty.

Agree, the ref was a cunt, Brentford moaned he gave them something
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:38:40 »

If he hadn't kicked the ball away in petulance ofr the first booking, he wouldn't have been sent off.  But to be sent off for being pushed over is pathetic.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:41:03 »

If he hadn't kicked the ball away in petulance ofr the first booking, he wouldn't have been sent off.

Did he though? I thought he genuinely hadn't heard the whistle, didn't see any sign of dissent before he hoofed it.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:41:49 »

If he hadn't kicked the ball away in petulance ofr the first booking, he wouldn't have been sent off.  But to be sent off for being pushed over is pathetic.

In the first leg at the CG, a Brentford player deliberately kicked the ball away in front of the ref after about 15 mins...no booking.

BAZINGA !!

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:42:27 »

Did he though? I thought he genuinely hadn't heard the whistle, didn't see any sign of dissent before he hoofed it.

Well, he did seem to indicate he didn't hear the whistle...but was Griffin Park that loud?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:43:38 »

A game like that was a fitting end to our season. Promised so much but ultimately left us all deflated.

I'd say I'm looking forward to next season but the uncertainty is too unsettling for me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:43:43 »

I heard it and I was at the furthest point away amongst our fans!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:46:25 »

9? Jog my memory as you've lost me
Kurt Hammonds, Jake Hyde, Ben Joyce, Callum Kennedy, Lloyd Macklin, Sam Morris, Sean Morrison, Mark Scott and Jack Winter all in Feb 2008.
Tom Evans in April 2008.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Transfers.asp?Season=2007-2008
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:47:24 »

What a game to end a season with so many highs and lows!

Nothing but pride in our players today. The character and effort at times was immense. Special mention to McCormack/Flint for their graft and to Wes for making some important saves. I can't understand the negativity Flint gets, no he's not a cultured defender set for the top but he is a commited performer who puts a shift in every game and doesn't shirk a challenge and at this level that'll do for me.

Kmac has come in for some abuse of late but his changes brought a good response and got us back into the game (still not sure how after the first half performance).

In a weird way im glad we're not heading in to the championship with so much uncertainty hanging around the club currently, which seems like a weird thing to say i know.

Right now i just want the board to come out and be honest about their ambitions/intentions. Where is the funding coming from? How long is Kmac's contract?

If we have to operate on a small budget then i wish they'd just come out and say that, then let Kmac get on with shaping a team built around youngsters and a few loans. Move on the high earners and start again.

I think most fans just want transpsparency from the board. I hope we get that soon and we can head in to the summer knowing where we stand.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:47:44 »

Kurt Hammonds, Jake Hyde, Ben Joyce, Callum Kennedy, Lloyd Macklin, Sam Morris, Sean Morrison, Mark Scott and Jack Winter all in Feb 2008.
Tom Evans in April 2008.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Transfers.asp?Season=2007-2008

We did make £250k from the sale of Morrison...

BAZINGA !!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: