Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 72439 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:51:30 »

How the fuck Byrne is a pro footballer i don't know. Did us all a favour when he got sent off, Totally one footed and a liability. Awful.
Read bits of the thread during the game and couldn't believe the stick Flint got. Even without scoring he was our best player by a mile.

Interesting summer ahead, 5 scholars getting pro contracts before our fate was even known is a concern.
That said, on todays showing, fighting spirit aside there is a lack of quality in our team so they wont do much worse. For all that money thrown at it that's the poorest side we've ever had in the play offs and were a penalty kick way from Wembley. Weird game is football at times......

Agree with most....though this poor side was top in February...and should/would have pissed the league.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:52:31 »

Fat Robbie Williams (Roberts) was not the signing I hoped he would be.

Speaking of fat, their number six was a bit of a porker.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:54:33 »

I'm sure this has been covered a million times but ....

Who's out of contract now?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:55:15 »

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but my abiding feeling right now is that we've been spared the possibility of breaking our own minimum points tally record of 30 from 1993/94.  If we had scraped through to Wembley and scraped through again vs Yeovil, I have a feeling that that is exactly what would happen.

I'm already fairly convinced that this is the fate that awaits whoever wins on May 19th.  Can't see Yeovil or Brentford doing anything other than filling one of the bottom three places next year.  (Bitter?  No!)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:57:16 »

Interesting summer ahead, 5 scholars getting pro contracts before our fate was even known is a concern.

If you look back over the last few years a good few of our best players have been inexperienced youngsters when they came here - Ferry, Foderingham, Thompson, Flint, Austin. Not sure we've got the same level of results from the experienced pros we've signed, (probably) on decent wages.

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:58:37 »

Agree with most....though this poor side was top in February...and should/would have pissed the league.

injuries, shit loanees is why.
Di Canio knew what was needed and fucked off when it wasn't forthcoming.
Thought Kmac had it right today.

Lets see what Jedward and his merry men of Status Quo tribute act reject lookalikes are about this summer. Gut feeling says not alot of good. Time will tell but next season is going to be very interesting.
Shawnclose number1forward

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:00:38 »

Add these team to the mix Bristol City , wolves , Peterborough . From what I can see it will be a very competitive  league next year. Sheffield utd will also be desperate to get  promoted.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:02:09 »

At least we went down fighting, especially after seeing some of the Sheff Utd game.

Oh, we've got them again next season also.

Posh Red will be slightly happy, he'll have a 'home' game next season.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:02:33 »

If you look back over the last few years a good few of our best players have been inexperienced youngsters when they came here - Ferry, Foderingham, Thompson, Flint, Austin. Not sure we've got the same level of results from the experienced pros we've signed, (probably) on decent wages.
Not 5 players from the same year, out of the same club though. Won't get a bigger supporter of our youth set up on here than me Jonny but they aint all good enough though i'm 100% convinced of that. Offering them all contracts when we could have been promoted rings alarm bells for me.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:04:31 »

injuries, shit loanees is why.
Di Canio knew what was needed and fucked off when it wasn't forthcoming.
Thought Kmac had it right today.

Lets see what Jedward and his merry men of Status Quo tribute act reject lookalikes are about this summer. Gut feeling says not alot of good. Time will tell but next season is going to be very interesting.

Yep...only brightspot for me today was K,Mac....did almost everything right and started to show some real passion also.....deffo winning me over to be honest.
The home leg did us.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:05:08 »

Not 5 players from the same year, out of the same club though. Won't get a bigger supporter of our youth set up on here than me Jonny but they aint all good enough though i'm 100% convinced of that. Offering them all contracts when we could have been promoted rings alarm bells for me.

Cheap publicity stunt- Fitton did the same first year he was here giving 9 pro contracts- none of them made it- think Kennedy was closest?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:06:38 »

I am very proud Swindon Town fan.

At times we lacked quality, at times we lacked composure but we never gave up. To come back from two goals down was fantastic and that Flint goal and the celebrations is something I will never forget. Going completely mental and hugging complete strangers is what being a football fan is all about and makes all the shit seem worth it.

KMAC did a great job, showed lost of passion and changed the formation which really got us back in the game. Collins did really well when he came on, and Wes made a few excellent saves.

The town fans were brilliant, great support unlike the Brentford fans who were silent apart from the two minutes after their goals, thought they lacked a bit of class at the end but that is to be expected I suppose.

Penalties is always a lottery and fair play to Miles Storey for stepping up, took a lot of courage. I really hope we hold onto him for next season.

What an incredible season we have had, and I suppose it was always going to end in such a dramatic fashion. I hope we keep hold of most of our out of contract players and let KMAC build his own team and have another crack it next year.

I am completely exhausted and gutted but I am also heartened. Football can be a really cruel game and today has shown why we all love and hate Swindon Town. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:07:04 »

Offering them all contracts when we could have been promoted rings alarm bells for me.
Same as that, it's football on the cheap next season and a long, hard struggle I think.  Interesting summer ahead!!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:08:14 »

Cheap publicity stunt- Fitton did the same first year he was here giving 9 pro contracts- none of them made it- think Kennedy was closest?

9? Jog my memory as you've lost me
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 20:08:16 »

Wonder if we can flog Roberts off in the summer. He must be a higher earner and he's pretty average.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: