Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 72397 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:21:43 »

Oh and why the fuck was Byrne booked for that? Falling on the ball when that prick Donaldson clipped his ankles. We've had about 4 awful referring decisions go against us over the 2 legs.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:22:51 »

Can't be bothered to read through the whole thread, but gutted obviously. Looking at the final third of our season though, we haven't really deserved promotion.

Bad individual errors for all 3 goals is disappointing (Rooney, Byrne, Roberts), we didn't weather the storm at all, and they didn't have to work hard to score 3 today.

We were certainly the better side at our place, victory by 2 goals would've been about right I think. Brentford were the better side today though. We did well to hang on in there. Horrible way to lose, really feel for Storey. (Flint is going up in my estimation all the time, good character today).

Overall can't knock the effort over the 2-legs, even if the quality wasn't where it had been in patches this season. It will be an interesting summer for us. I feel very nervous about it frankly.

On the plus side though. That penalties defeat has just saved me well over £100 on new Wembley.

Bad end to a mixed season. At least as a fan of the egg-chasing I can look forward to the Lions in Aus, and England's tour of Argentina.

Here's to next season. COYR
« Last Edit: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:27:32 by oxonrobin » Logged
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:23:02 »

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:23:42 »

That about sums up my fears for next season.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:25:16 by thedarkprince » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:24:47 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA

"What we can all say tonight is we got through the most ridiculous of seasons with heads held high. Could've rolled over given first half..."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:25:00 »

Whilst we were shit in the 1st half, think it says as much about Brentford that they only went in 1 up. Over the two legs we were the better team but didn't take our chances and gifted them three of their goals. Thought the Byrne sending off was more than harsh, with the ball where it was he was always going to land on it with his hands as he reached our to soften the fall. With 11 players I reckon we'd have won it in extra time.

No major complaints though, shit happens in football and was pretty happy with our performance over the two games. Feel sorry for Storey, no reason for him to feel guilt - plenty of better players have fucked worse in more important penalty shoot outs than that before. At least he had the bottle to take one.

Thought Kmac did a good job, making changes and going for it which ultimately paid off to get us in to extra time. I'm actually looking forward to the summer and next season, as I'm guessing we'll be getting rid of some of the overpaid older players and bringing in a good few youngsters.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:26:14 »

I am sick of football...i am not going to watch another match untill the first day of next season.

Oh and Flint was fucking brilliant today.

wigglesworth

« Reply #412 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:27:14 »

Good luck with your new club miles

Roberts will miss

Apology accepted  Roll Eyes
fatbasher

« Reply #413 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:32:26 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA

"What we can all say tonight is we got through the most ridiculous of seasons with heads held high. Could've rolled over given first half..."

Sam, me old mucker. I'm to old to arse about with twitter. So let me tell you this. This season was a chewed pigs ear by a Rowtwieler or what ever the fucking benefit dogs are called once Paty took over from Jeza. Next season is my worry! Jed you chancer, last seaon ticket for me and my family if you don't come up with the goods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:32:37 »

Ironically our best spell was when we went 4-5-1 when KMac made his first two subs. Our midfield started to get theit foot on the ball.

I thought the worse when the ref said that they were having the pens at the home end. Looks like that was decided before the match as the only toss of the coin was to decide who went first.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:33:25 »

On the upside, Sunderland are losing at home to Stoke.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:34:11 »

Was Williams actually up front? I was at the game and I'm still not sure...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:35:06 »

I am sick of football...i am not going to watch another match untill the first day of next season.

Oh and Flint was fucking brilliant today.

Flint's been brilliant every time I've seen him this season. Doesn't deserve the stick he gets from some quarters.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:35:23 »

Now down to 10 men, and was only playing 1 up front at the start.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:35:34 »

Good. Hope they get relegated.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: