Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 72444 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 18:55:52 »

Not even sure where to start.

If we'd lost in the 90 minutes, I'd have been pissed off.  To equalize at the death though and lose on penalties was absolutely gutting.  The dejection as we all left seemed far worse than after we lost at Wembley in 2010.

That stupid last minute penalty on Saturday and one of the most utterly shambolic 50 mins of football has cost us the tie.  Brentford are shit.

Fundamentally though our season ended in January when Black pulled the plug, Ritchie was sold and Di Canio walked.  This season was never going to have a happy ending.  That was our best chance of reaching the Championship and I genuinely fear what next season will hold.  Time for some answers now Jed, you can't hide any longer!
fatbasher

« Reply #391 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 18:56:11 »

I'm sorry folks, I cant bare looking at all the pre match posts and the post match posts other than what I have posted. I'll see all those that share my pasion in August for a relegation battle as my ST finance has been approved.

Suffice to say that all those who went today saw the last performance of many 1st team regulars in a town shirt and those on Saturday likewise!!

As someone posted, roll on the ashes.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:01:18 by fatbasher » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 18:57:39 »

It is annoying how we gifted Brentford 3 of their four goals.

Still we played awfully at yet somehow managed to take it to penalties, then eff it up. Typical Swindon style.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:00:42 »

Fuck sake. Absolutley gutted. Could have forgiven Storey for missing the penalty if he hit it with a bit of conviction but these short run ups never seem to have a happy ending. Why didn't Raffa take one?? The guys meant to be a striker for fuck sake!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:00:48 »

Bugger.

See you in a month or so, I'm going to watch Cricket and pretend Football doesn't really exist.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:01:51 »

On the plus note my sky bet £10 pulled me £90 quid...
fatbasher

« Reply #396 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:03:11 »

On the plus note my sky bet £10 pulled me £90 quid...

Look outside your windonw. Seen any mobs with pitchforks and flaming torches yet?
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:05:07 »

Look outside your windonw. Seen any mobs with pitchforks and flaming torches yet?
Only me mrs... As soon as I saw the odds it was a sure fire bet..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:08:00 »

Is it wrong that I'm more pissed off about losing my oyster card than that game?

Didn't take me very long to get over this time! I was distraught after Brighton!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:08:52 »

I'm sorry folks, I cant bare looking at all the pre match posts and the post match posts other than what I have posted. I'll see all those that share my pasion in August for a relegation battle as my ST finance has been approved.

Suffice to say that all those who went today saw the last performance of many 1st team regulars in a town shirt and those on Saturday likewise!!

I think you're right in terms of a possible relegation battle next season and you could tell at the end when the players came over they were saying goodbyes - McCormack, Flint and Ferry.

Couldn't see any of the penalties as the teams were in the way.  As soon as Storey went up, I had a feeling he'd miss.  Shame it's on his shoulders a bit now.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:09:19 »

Is it wrong that I'm more pissed off about losing my oyster card than that game?

Didn't take me very long to get over this time! I was distraught after Brighton!!

I'm still pissed off, but Brighton took weeks...I know this time it won't.  The bigger question now is, will I need my orange hat next season?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:09:26 »

And what happened to mccormack's bottle in the shoot out!

Bad enough having 2 centre halfs and a 19 year old taking 3/5 of them!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:10:29 »

I think you're right in terms of a possible relegation battle next season and you could tell at the end when the players came over they were saying goodbyes - McCormack, Flint and Ferry.Couldn't see any of the penalties as the teams were in the way.  As soon as Storey went up, I had a feeling he'd miss.  Shame it's on his shoulders a bit now.
What were the players reactions like at the end?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:17:43 »

How on earth we got it to pens after that first half I will never know. We were awful but somehow gave ourselves a lifeline with the Rooney goal. Then Roberts does that.

Credit to the players for digging deep and clawing it back. That last minute equaliser was brilliant. Thought we were going to replicate the Charlton win but it wasn't to be. No idea why McCormack didn't take a penalty. The senior players should have stepped up and shown some bottle there.

Feel really sorry for Mile Storey tonight.

Onto next season. What will the summer bring? I worry a lot of bad news.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 19:18:55 »

And what happened to mccormack's bottle in the shoot out!

Bad enough having 2 centre halfs and a 19 year old taking 3/5 of them!

May I remind you who took the winner at  Charlton Smiley

fuck sake. That's the end of di canios high cost squad then. Wonder what the future holds squad..
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: